• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty Releases on September 26 | Xbox Showcase 2023

Draugoth

Gold Member
FyXCsaVaQAArl_g

Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty arrives on September 26th on Xbox Series X|S. #PhantomLiberty is an upcoming spy-thriller expansion for #Cyberpunk2077. Return as cyber-enhanced mercenary V and embark on a high-stakes mission of espionage and intrigue to save the NUSA President. In the dangerous district of Dogtown, you must forge alliances within a web of shattered loyalties and sinister political machinations. Do you have what it takes to survive?​

Cyberpunk 2077 Phantom Liberty ‘totally rebuilds’ AI, skill trees, loot and more:​

Cyberpunk 2077‘s upcoming Phantom Liberty DLC will entirely overhaul the way the game is played, VGC has been told.

In an interview with creative director Pawel Sasko and quest designer Despoina Anetaki, we were told that “all the core mains systems” of the game have been “redone or updated in a major way”.

The biggest ones are the perks and skill trees, which have been rebuilt completely,” Sasko told us. “We’ve [also] added vehicle combat which enables new car chases.

“We’ve also greatly expanded AI and complete redone the police system, which is rebuilt from the ground up and now has multiple levels with multiple archetypes of enemies who will chase you – it’s also different in Dog Town compared to Night City.

“We’ve also redone the loop and whole progression of the game – the difficulty curve is different, the tiers and drops of loot is different, the archetypes of enemies have been redone for more variety.

“Those are the core things that we’ve changed, and if you look into it there are very few systems that we didn’t change or update. Even the UI and UX have been greatly updated.”

Last edited:

Metnut

Coming sooner than I thought. Looks like it’s going to have a great main campaign. Loved CP2077 and can’t wait for more.

Forgive me CDPR though if I wait at least least few months until after this comes out just to make sure you have your shit together.

Last edited:

RavageX

I dont see anything that tells me I should be excited, especially after what happened with the main game. Will take more than a trailer to impress or change my mind.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
I am looking forward to this, but the release date sucks. Too much to choose from, but since it will have killer PC graphics that might give it the edge for me.

Elbereth

Assuming there aren't further delays and jpeg apologies.

I mean, we have Starfield, Phantom Liberty, and Spider-Man 2. Either one of those (Especially Starfield) would satisfy me for the fall.

The likelihood of a delay at this juncture would be insanely bad, considering their most recent showings.

I hear you though. Just doesn’t seem likely.

simpatico

Big hype. I'm wagering all the clout that this comes out and does what the OG game was supposed to. A full Polish-made Cyberpunk sequel would be among my most anticipated releases. I prefer it to Witcher at this point.

Last edited:
Looks cool, it will be fun hacking everything in sight through cameras again and short circuiting every enemy who gets within eyeshot with zero threat to myself

EekTheKat

Love It.

Huge
Escape from New York
vibes with this trailer.

The core game of Cyberpunk always gave me a strong 80's early 90's a
Thriller/scifi/action film vibe to it, and this would make one heck of a double down.

mortal

Gold Member
This trailer + Skillup's impression has piqued my interest in Phantom Liberty. The premise feels reminiscent of Escape From New York. Very eager to see how the path tracing looks in Phantom Liberty as well.

Curious to see more of Solomon Reed. The way he stares from the shadows is an interesting characterization, very noir. Doesn't strike me as the trusting type.
Seems like a fantastic role for Elba. Can easily see him becoming a favorite in the Cyberpunk community if it all comes together.

'
cyberpunk-2077-phantom-liberty-idris-elba-as-solomon-reed.jpg

I have a very good friend I've known since the 1990s and he loves the cyberpunk genre. The Matrix blew him away and ever since that Keanu Reeves has become a household name.

He still does not own Cyberpunk 2077 for his Xbox One. I checked on Amazon thinking there's probably something for around $30 and to my surprise the Xbox One version of Cyberpunk 2077 was only $17.85. So just a few moments ago I bought it for him and it'll be delivered to his doorstep tomorrow.

I can't wait to see what he thinks about it.

NeroDaGod

I have a very good friend I've known since the 1990s and he loves the cyberpunk genre. The Matrix blew him away and ever since that Keanu Reeves has become a household name.

He still does not own Cyberpunk 2077 for his Xbox One. I checked on Amazon thinking there's probably something for around $30 and to my surprise the Xbox One version of Cyberpunk 2077 was only $17.85. So just a few moments ago I bought it for him and it'll be delivered to his doorstep tomorrow.

I can't wait to see what he thinks about it.
You’re a good friend.

You’re a good friend.
Yeah he's kind of weird because he's not clear on whether he's broke or not but kept telling me he has an interest in it. After moving the goal post so much I just kind of gave up and told him that I'll buy him the game and have it sent to him which I just did. He'll be receiving it tomorrow.

Roni

Gold Member

sounds good on paper but will they deliver?

That image is expanded using stable diffusion isn't it?

On topic, I'm actually holding my breath for this one. Will enjoy other releases this second semester, but the only one that can break my heart is this one.

Can't be anything less than Blood & Wine level of quality.

Dr.D00p

Gold Member
I really know why they want a 12700k seems suspicious.
RT path tracing is insanely demanding on the CPU and will eat up as much Ghz and as many cores/threads as you can give it.

Also probably more about minimum framerates, staying above 60, than higher FPS on 120hz or more panels.

Top Bottom