• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty Releases on September 26 | Xbox Showcase 2023

Spyxos

Gold Member
There are so still many good games coming this year, but I'm looking forward to this addon the most.

Honestly I probably won't be bothering with the DLC (kinda ironic when you consider my avatar is V). I have absolutely no levels of hype for the expansion and don't feel that compelled to return to the city. It just feels as if V's story is done.

Xtib81

Can't waiiiit. Hope it's a beefy DLC. I would be disappointed if it were a 10 hour or so expansion.

Papa_Wisdom

I bought CP on release and like many was disappointed with the state of the game when I tried to play it on my one x and gave up after a couple of hours.

As I’ve been waiting years for the definitive version of this game as I love the genre I’m actually going to buy and play this before Starfield.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I'll wait. Not only because of how the vanilla game launched and its core game mechanics, but because there's so many other games coming out.

Zheph

bit farfetched but fair enough the release was indeed rubbish but I will be there day one

Man Body GIF

TonyK

I please hope they have removed the sound when you read a document, it's so infuriating that I ended not reading them to avoid that sound.

TonyK

This trailer + Skillup's impression has piqued my interest in Phantom Liberty. The premise feels reminiscent of Escape From New York. Very eager to see how the path tracing looks in Phantom Liberty as well.

Curious to see more of Solomon Reed. The way he stares from the shadows is an interesting characterization, very noir. Doesn't strike me as the trusting type.
Seems like a fantastic role for Elba. Can easily see him becoming a favorite in the Cyberpunk community if it all comes together.

'
cyberpunk-2077-phantom-liberty-idris-elba-as-solomon-reed.jpg

For that pic it seems the same role he has in Tyler Rake 2.

Last edited:

Exentryk

Day 1 on GOG. My PC will probably cry, but don't think I'll upgrade just yet. Maybe for Witcher 4.

The cinematic trailer was pretty awesome for Phantom Liberty. Instantly made me care for the characters. Can't wait for the story to unfold.
In the mean time, enjoying the Phantom Liberty Soundtrack:

True, that's the real title, Tyler Rake 2 is the stupid title they chose in Spain.
I heard it explained from the distributer's perspective.
They want to subtly tie the title up to a well-known IP that does similar things.
So, John Wick. Same first name+last name naming convention.
Ironically, I think Extraction follows Raid series' naming convention in the same manner.

Raven117

I mean...I fired it up last night just to get ready for the expansion and get a feel for it again.

Its pretty awesome as is right now. With the upgrades...man...dare I say it could finally be what it set out to be?

not to dunk on starfield, but playing that...then playing cyberpunk...cyberpunk is in another league of awesome

Flabagast

I mean...I fired it up last night just to get ready for the expansion and get a feel for it again.

Its pretty awesome as is right now. With the upgrades...man...dare I say it could finally be what it set out to be?

not to dunk on starfield, but playing that...then playing cyberpunk...cyberpunk is in another league of awesome
I agree that Cyberpunk feels like a next gen game in comparison with Starfield.

Last edited:
With the massive disappointment that is Starfield behind me, I’m very much looking forward to starting a new game in Night City. Please be good…

Hudo

Day 1 on GOG. My PC will probably cry, but don't think I'll upgrade just yet. Maybe for Witcher 4.

The cinematic trailer was pretty awesome for Phantom Liberty. Instantly made me care for the characters. Can't wait for the story to unfold.
In the mean time, enjoying the Phantom Liberty Soundtrack:

Is this the complete OST? Because I am trying to find the song where this is from:

And I can't find it.

Exentryk

Is this the complete OST? Because I am trying to find the song where this is from:

And I can't find it.

The 15 tracks are the ones in the official OST, but there might be more tracks which they didn't put on it.

We might need to wait for release to get a game rip version which will have all the tracks.

Truly the closest game we have to a GTA right now. As a lover of CP2077, I mean that in the best way possible. Random, but true.

Last edited:

Arachnid

And I can't find it.

That song is great, but please tell me they didn't get rid of GOAT "V's Theme" at the main menu/title screen with this or another theme. Hopefully that's someone who just put the music in a youtube video over the title screen.

2.0 update tomorrow. Ahh to be back in Njght City.
You mean the 21st right?

Last edited:
That song is great, but please tell me they didn't get rid of GOAT "V's Theme" at the main menu/title screen with this or another theme. Hopefully that's someone who just put the music in a youtube video over the title screen.

You mean the 21st right?

Ah yes timezones, the bane of my existence. More time to wrap up what I want to do in Starfield then.

I wonder if they've fleshed out the side quests a bit. I thought the main story was fantastic, as was the romance side quest, but everything else just felt like a GAAS fetch quest.

Zuzu

I might have to start a whole new playthrough since the skill system is getting such a transformation.

Hudo

Yeah, I think it was just done for the Youtube video.

Ammogeddon

This is totally going to derail my Starfield play through.

I never finished CP2077. I got to the point of no return mission then left it there.

I’m really tempted to start afresh, but then I won’t be getting to Dog town any time soon.

Top Bottom