• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
TadkV.gif
That drawing.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
so funny how inyuasha is in her room, at night, all night long, now in her bed.

and nothing's going to happen.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
You can tell I was in a weird mood tonight XD

zlCfzRF_jkUTIcXmd0

Totally looks like Ed has boobs

She totally does! I drew "Foxy Brown" last time this ep came around, so I felt like drawing an Ed that wasn't a child this time... Shiiitake on Ice made mushrooms her favorite food, even years later...

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Good morning Toonami-GAF
I see I didn't miss anything by skipping Clone Wars last night. Good.

I think after last night's episode, I know why Sword Art Online is popular. It does nothing but pander to creepy otakus.
It's a male power fantasy in a video game as the hero meets with various girls all representing terrible anime tropes. There's the mysterious but powerful one from episode 2, the ultra-shy "please protect me" one from episode 3, and the little girl that will get you on all kinds of lists in episode 4.
As Duckroll said last night, it's Twilight for creepy otaku.

As for a new title, I'm still going with this suggestion.

Toonami |OT6| This is what they call filler, and it's nowhere near as good as the kind they put in Twinkees. Mmm, I like to fuck my cat.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lV7YSPvKZA

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I'm off to watch episode 5 of SAO. I'm sure it'll be a lot worse than I remember it considering I remembered episode 4 to be a lot better.

LycanXIII

Please tell me clone wars gets better

Well, Season 2 is all about Bounty Hunter's and
Boba Fett
, but that's 22 episodes away. End of Season 4 (if we reach that) has the return of
Darth Maul
. David Tennant also won a Daytime Emmy for his character in one of the episodes. So there's that?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

This first ep had me rolling my eyes at all the Droid jokes, and "Lego Star Wars" feeling comedy in some of the aspects presented here.

... But as I watched the occasional future episodes, the show seemed to have moments of truly serious "wow, this is pretty heavy!" action and drama, and I was actually happy to have caught quite a few episodes...

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
As I understand it, they had some huge civil wars that left many a member banned over SAO. Yes, over this fucking show.

I'm pretty sure this is not true. We did make a thread to take a lot of the SAO posts away from the AnimeGAF thread. Didn't help THAT much though.

Korigama

Alternatively, if going with the Hebrew interpretation, "emet" would mean "truth", dropping the e to get "met" would result in "death/dead" (the puzzle solution in Haunting Ground with the Latin in dropping the e to get "meth" having the same meaning, and would cause the golem to crumble).

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

it actually gets super great, but it has a rough beginning, i remember everyone absolutely hating it for the longest, than all of a sudden everyone just started loving it, it started doing a 180 with everyone once it started to get darker and more mature with its storyline, it also helps that does have some pretty well animated fights, i only watched the movie and the 1st episode before they aired on toonami, but im mostly going by impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom