• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

Visit the official Toonami Tumblr page here

s4advHj.png

fL3gIVL.png

fgBJq3g.png

k2OJg1X.png

dEhLX7s.png

Hb4v7xT.png

Lv8jWQs.png

tX31klC.png

tjUNyBl.png

Previously on Toonami-GAF:
Toonami on right now!? Is this an April Fool's troll?
|OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?
|OT2| Time to Push the Button
|OT3| Sleep is for the Week
|OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

So what show is ending next that the surprise show will begin airing soon? Or would they chop off one of inyuasha's episodes in favor of having a unique show ever half hour?

Azure J

22nd place? Cool, normal enough to say I'm not wasting too much time online but high up enough to get visibility. :p

Seda, if you don't edit your tag to "FOOLS!" I will be eternally disappoint.

Seda

So what show is ending next that the surprise show will begin airing soon? Or would they chop off one of inyuasha's episodes in favor of having a unique show ever half hour?

The last episode of Symbionic Titan's current run airs on July 20th. So maybe on July 27th we'll see something new?

The next show after that is Eureka 7 - its last episode airs on August 17th. Presumably Sword Art Online is replacing that one (we know it's coming in August), even though they haven't outright called SAO as Eureka's replacement.

EDIT: Or they could have a new show steal an Inuyasha slot whenever they feel like it.

Seda, if you don't edit your tag to "FOOLS!" I will be eternally disappoint.

I'm not sure what to set my tag to...

Wow, I finally made one of those "Who's posted?" lists. Sweet!

Watched Titan this morning. Man, that episode was just the best.

The last episode of Symbionic Titan's current run airs on July 20th. So maybe on July 27th we'll see something new?

The next show after that is Eureka 7 - its last episode airs on August 17th. Presumably Sword Art Online is replacing that one (we know it's coming in August), even though they haven't outright called SAO as Eureka's replacement.

EDIT: Or they could have a new show steal an Inuyasha slot whenever they feel like it.

I'm not sure what to set my tag to...

Sounds like they'll be replacing Titan based upon last nights tease

Seda

Man I kinda wanna make new graphics for all the stuff in the OP

You and anybody else are welcome to! AssaultXMaster made the banner and video - and he and others helped with the texts and such. I like to keep things simple so I just have the shows represented by a block of art but if you want to create more stylish graphics then go ahead.

I just don't want it bloated with information and text that nobody is going to read.

Raxus

Tom teased a surprise Seda. But you were too busy with your old family instead of your Toonami GAF family. :p

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Good morning Toonami-GAF. Holy fuck I slept in.

Oooh, new OT. Neat.

Okay, here's where Davy Back Fight diverges from the manga.
First two battles are pretty much identical to the manga.
Though after the second one, Luffy picks Chopper rather than the damn horse. They go into the third and final round.
A boxing match between captains
In the anime,
the third round is a roller skating match. Straw Hats win and get Chopper back. But Luffy is tricked into another three games. So they play Dodgeball and Red Light Green Light. Can you tell Toei makes the fillers with the kids in mind?
The Straw Hats lose both and thus lose Robin and Chopper. In order to get both back, the two crews bet 500 crew members. The boxing match happens, and Luffy wins of course. They get Chopper and Robin back, along with Foxy's flag (which was what Luffy took in the manga). Luffy then takes every crew member except for Foxy, Porche and Hamburg... then immediately dismisses them.They go crying back to Foxy.

The aftermath:
In the manga, the Straw Hats and Tonjit meet Admiral Aokiji. Using his powers of the Ice Ice Fruit, he freezes the ocean and allows Tonjit to reunite with his family. Then shit goes down.
In the anime, the meeting with Aokiji is delayed for more filler as one of Tonjit's grandkids uses a giant mole to get him. Then something with memories and sea horses, then another meeting with Foxy, and finally the meeting with Aokiji. Then shit goes down.

That's about it.

Hola OT5, I see we are up an new. Watched Attack on Titan, so i'm good to go for now.

Now, I need to go find an HD ONE PIECE OP5..........Cut up, of course.

You guys gotta be ready next week:

c61671532b5f8da9658a.png

Bio-Frost

Great OT as always! Awesome to heat Steve say ToonamiGaf

Missed out on the thread last night. Was it confirmed that the show they teased was not related to Sword Art Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom