• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

Visit the official Toonami Tumblr page here

s4advHj.png

fL3gIVL.png

fgBJq3g.png

k2OJg1X.png

dEhLX7s.png

Hb4v7xT.png

Lv8jWQs.png

tX31klC.png

tjUNyBl.png

Previously on Toonami-GAF:
Toonami on right now!? Is this an April Fool's troll?
|OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?
|OT2| Time to Push the Button
|OT3| Sleep is for the Week

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Just calculated, Schadenfreude's posts in ToonamiGAF threads account for 64% of his total post count. XD

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
And old Toonami ends with the intro of EXCALUBUR, Spike dying for the 300th time, and one of my favorite "legit feels moments" of Inuyasha. And Bebops opening played fully and beautifully.

"You're gonna carry that weight."

A great way to sign out Toonami memories of old, and begin new ones!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Good morning OT4.
TOM 5.0 next week. Don't miss it.
I wonder what his opening message will be.

Azure J

Reporting in for first page post. I'm still so salty that I didn't get to watch the beginning of the legend that began in the 12th century with you all last night though.

Also, 15th place over 20K ish posts? Nice. Normal enough to seem like I have a social life, high enough to get charted. :p

They've had it for 10 years now. It seems like they may have recently redone the deal, though, seeing as this run on Toonami is using new tapes compared to what Adult Swim used to air.

Yea, it has been on for a long time, and if they did just redo the deal, I wonder how many more years? I'm not complaining since it's nostalgic to me at this point and I'm rarely up at 5am anymore, but the longevity is amazing.

^ Good to know Toonami isn't in trouble ratings wise.

Raxus

I just like to add coming next weekend I want to start compiling a Beginners Guide to One Piece to get those of you who haven't watched the first 200 episodes caught up. I'd appreciate some help with banners if at all possible.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
FYI I did a fairly comprehensive info thread for One Piece over on the Adult Swim boards many many years ago full of bios and glossaries and shit that ran through about episode 150.

Mature

Feels good man. So happy to see Toonami being successful so that it can be appreciated and enjoyed by new generations.

Tenumi

Banned
I never watched IGPX when it first aired (didn't even know it existed at the time, probably), so I'm pretty hyped to have a second chance to watch it.

when will GXP's banner finally migrate "retired shows"?

WHEN!?!?

Schadenfreude said:
I must have missed those episodes. Drawing a blank on the whole arc.

good. it's deus ex machina-riddled garbage topped off with an obnoxious kid.

BatDan

I must have missed those episodes. Drawing a blank on the whole arc.

They meet a little girl that can talk to animals (Devil Fruit power), dragons are involved, there's an ultra-fat Marine, and his bodyguard that can create sickles in the air (Devil Fruit Power).

They incorporated one scene from the manga, where it's explained why pirates can't just enter the Grand Line. It's surrounded by the Calm Belt, a body of water where there is no wind at all, and it's populated by Sea Kings. If there's ever a One Piece Kai, I hope they find a way to re-animate that scene.

good. it's deus ex machina-riddled garbage topped off with an obnoxious kid.

They meet a little girl that can talk to animals (Devil Fruit power), dragons are involved, there's an ultra-fat Marine, and his bodyguard that can create sickles in the air (Devil Fruit Power).

They incorporated one scene from the manga, where it's explained why pirates can't just enter the Grand Line. It's surrounded by the Calm Belt, a body of water where there is no wind at all, and it's populated by Sea Kings. If there's ever a One Piece Kai, I hope they find a way to re-animate that scene.

55lwmK9.png

Sounds so bad.

LycanXIII

Nerdist got an interview with some of the guys behind Teen Titans Go! and one of them worked on Thundercats as well.

It is now a right of passage in Hollywood to work on a show that has a fan campaign to save it from cancellation. In the case of Cartoon Network, it happens about once a year. The recently deceased Young Justice and Green Lantern have a small but vocal group of fans voicing their displeasure at the shows' demise, but unfortunately, they're also taking their anger out on the wrong guys. Batman: The Brave and the Bold veteran Michael Jelenic is no stranger to seeing a beloved show get cancelled, as he was also a captain on the USS Thundercats. He's back tomorrow night with the latest iteration of Teen Titans and has caught more than his share of the fallout from YJ and GL going bye-bye.

"In this instance it's kind of tough, because people are seeing our show show up and shows that they love go away. Which is a bummer." Teen Titans Go! producer Aaron Horvath lamented. "In a perfect world they could share the same space but... I lost my train of thought." Luckily, Michael was able to catch the train. "It's awesome for people to care about anything you've worked on. Caring is awesome, but what I don't like to see is a lot of the anger that comes from it. What people need to understand is, it's not the people working on the show. No one cancelled these shows just to upset some people." Michael also has some advice for how to keep your shows on the air, "Show support at the beginning of the show instead of the end. So we're like, let's just cancel it now then the petitions will start. Save Teen Titans Go!"

While we had Michael we got an update on the possibility of the return of Thundercats in a straight-to-video release. "I would never say never. Look at Teen Titans. It was off the air in 2006 and now in 2013 it's coming back. Albeit, it's a form you may not expect it to be in. Even if it doesn't come back in our mythology, it will come back and someone will have a chance to play with those characters." Whether the call is "Titans Go!" or "Thundercats Ho!" hope is always alive. Who knows? Maybe we'll get a Young Justice follow-up yet.

Teen Titans Go! premieres on Cartoon Network Tuesday at 7:30/8:30 Central.

Thundercats No!

Pretty obvious what he's saying about showing support for the show though.

Raxus

http://i.imgur.com/55lwmK9.png

Sounds so bad.

Annnnnnd saving that one for later.

Me:
Hey guys! How is Bleach next week?

ToonamiGAF:
55lwmK9.png

FYI I did a fairly comprehensive info thread for One Piece over on the Adult Swim boards many many years ago full of bios and glossaries and shit that ran through about episode 150.
Sounds good, I will try and dig it up and post it the week before it airs in May.

BatDan

The new Sailor Moon anime is premiering this summer in Japan. Think we'll see that on Toonami?

There's also a Silver Spoon anime coming. Since it's written by the person behind FMA, it might happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom