• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

I'd get option 1.

I think the Herschel pop quiz bag is the best looking though.

The majority of the votes have been option 1. According to my friends it's coz it looks more like a legitimate Herschel bag than the option 2 haha. I've actually just put my order for option 1 so I'm done looking. I saw a couple of other options from Jackthreads, eBags, and Amazon but Zappos VIP... the bag should be here by lunch on Tuesday lol.

And yeah, I actually like the Pop Quizzes but I wanted the huge space in option 1. I figured I'll get the one with the most space that way I can use it for other things other than school stuff.

it's your fault I'm getting called out.

Bahahaha that was hilarious. Calling you out then saying how his style is better? Dude just sounds pretentious as hell lol.

NtxIoQc.png

bobito

Banned
Guys, how great is the impact from spending more on clothing. I have dressed on a low budget my whole life (h and m basically only) and am maybe looking to broaden my horizons. How much longer do clothes last if I spend £40 on jeans rather then £20.

Thanks.

Visceir

Guys, how great is the impact from spending more on clothing. I have dressed on a low budget my whole life (h and m basically only) and am maybe looking to broaden my horizons. How much longer do clothes last if I spend £40 on jeans rather then £20.

Thanks.

How much longer they last depends entirely on the wearer, but longevity isn't really the main reason why most people shell out more money for their clothes.

With higher price you usually also get a better fit, more unique style and better fabric. Obviously there are exeptions but I'd say it's up to you to actually go try on the clothes and see how they feel -- trying on costs nothing afterall.

I'd also recommend doing your shopping when things are on sale. That way you could get better quality stuff for the same money.

I've usually spent 70 - 150 € on my jeans. I'd say it was a good investment, considering all of them have lasted me a few years of regular wear.

bobito

Banned
How much longer they last depends entirely on the wearer, but longevity isn't really the main reason why most people shell out more money for their clothes.

With higher price you usually also get a better fit, more unique style and better fabric. Obviously there are exeptions but I'd say it's up to you to actually go try on the clothes and see how they feel -- trying on costs nothing afterall.

I'd also recommend doing your shopping when things are on sale. That way you could get better quality stuff for the same money.

I've usually spent 70 - 150 € on my jeans. I'd say it was a good investment, considering all of them have lasted me a few years of regular wear.

Thanks, having money for clothes is the one advantage of finially leaving uni

MegalonJJ

Banned

Thanks.

Definitely get a bespoke suit from one of the houses on Savile Row.

They'll last you a lifetime. Godtier quality.

overcast

Just curious, I'm not great at colors. Why does brown mix so well with navy blue/most blues it seems? Most outfits I see with brown shoes + blue pants looks great.

VoxPop

Just curious, I'm not great at colors. Why does brown mix so well with navy blue/most blues it seems? Most outfits I see with brown shoes + blue pants looks great.

Yeah, I think so too. I'm looking to set up a light blue dress shirt, khaki, brown shoe attire but not sure where I should be looking.

colorwheel.jpg

complimentary colors brah

re: shoes, have you tried yoox?

http://www.yoox.com/us/men#/dept=shoesmen&gender=U&page=1&color=37&attributes={%27ctgr%27%3a[%27strngt%27]}&season=P&sort=3

some grenades, but some definite HB8 material for under a hundo.

Masamune

Out of curiosity, how does gray/grey fit in the color wheel. I love pairing it with purple or blue (works with green, too); they all look great but I'm wondering if there's an underlying reason.

monochromes are shades, so kinda different concept there. But generally, most greys are not entirely neutral and have a bit of warm or coolness to them, since dyes usually have a bit of brown or blue in them.

that color wheel isn't even right man. how you gonna wear red and green in the same out fit? or blue and orange?
dries van noten breh

Been a while since I posted, but ended up buying a new scarf for the fall/winter. It just arrived today.

f9ade2a692e4829b36323d015851df58_zps1b59cb66.jpg

Also will be heading to NYC for a few days in October, so I'll probably look for a few things while there as well.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Since fall/winter is approaching, I need a new peacoat. Where can I get a good fitted-style peacoat and not spend a ton? Got one from Uniqlo last year but it was too baggy and I should have got the thigh-level one not a waist-level one.

Also, scarf recommendations (below $50)?

Since fall/winter is approaching, I need a new peacoat. Where can I get a good fitted-style peacoat and not spend a ton? Got one from Uniqlo last year but it was too baggy and I should have got the thigh-level one not a waist-level one.

Also, scarf recommendations (below $50)?

Did you have a look at Maison Martin Margiela? Maybe too expensive, but they have a nice peacoat on their online boutique.

41380465jc_12_r.jpg

Also, from their 2012 collection a classy grey peacoat:

10231458_1220578_1000.jpg

Lamel

Banned
I keep telling myself I've made my last big purchase for the summer, and then I find something else I want to buy. Currently looking at this Lotuff duffle bag.

It's $1050.

Looks nothing special.

Especially not for that ridiculous price.

geetec

Neo Member
I can't seem to find this leather jacket anywhere that I saw on some 2Chainz video... I've tried all over the internet, and some stores where I thought I might be able to find it but still, no luck. Does anyone know where I can find this freking jacket?

If possible, sleeveless even better.

E6rn4z0.png

Lunchbox

Banned
I can't seem to find this leather jacket anywhere that I saw on some 2Chainz video... I've tried all over the internet, and some stores where I thought I might be able to find it but still, no luck. Does anyone know where I can find this freking jacket?

If possible, sleeveless even better.

E6rn4z0.png
regular stores wont carry exclusive items like that

try the homeless donation boxes near every stop n shop

geetec

Neo Member
Looks like something En Noir, Hood by Air, or Givenchy would do.

edit: oh shit he lives

double edit: probably givenchy

givenchy-black-leather-jersey-hoodie-c11.jpg

Thanks, I'll check it out and report back.

regular stores wont carry exclusive items like that

try the homeless donation boxes near every stop n shop

rofl, too funny. I thought someone might bust a wise cracker when I was typing "some stores".

Obviously I'm not talking about your local thrift shop.

kaskade

I keep telling myself I've made my last big purchase for the summer, and then I find something else I want to buy. Currently looking at this Lotuff duffle bag.

It's $1050.

I don't know man. I feel like you can get so much more stuff for that much money.

So I'm bored looking around Etsy for a bunch of random crap then, minutes later I run into the watch section and now I'm severely tempted by these two:

il_570xN.455367000_pehz.jpg

il_570xN.455362278_ny6e.jpg

Both of these go for around $15 bucks and are Chinese made I believe as the seller's from China.

I know I could cop a better quality watch at a higher price, but $15 bucks seems like a steal.

Any thoughts?

Edit: here's another one that caught my attention lol.

il_570xN.455373677_tnrx.jpg

overcast

Those are pretty nice, and 15 dollars seems like a good price.

I like the first one the best.

Might look for some things on Etsy..

Looks nothing special.

Especially not for that ridiculous price.

Are you carrying these to work? I'd feel carrying anything other than a breifcase into work.

I don't know man. I feel like you can get so much more stuff for that much money.
Don't worry bros, it's not going to happen. I was living in my fantasy world for a few minutes. I'd much rather put that money towards a suit and/or some blazers.

Top Bottom