• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

6 Minute Killzone Shadowfall Multiplayer (Team Deathmatch)

BadAss2961

I refuse to believe they will hit 60fps locked, it's too pretty, some worrying dips, I'm just not sure.

Another gif for the collection:

killzownedppsgz.gif
Unlocked framerate makes the most sense. No ways we're getting a 60fps lock with these graphics.

Um, where is the health bar?

No recoil, extremely fast, no teamwork... I am a little worried sorry.

Unless, TDM is completely different from Warzone, unlike Killzone 3 where they made TDM extremely unbalanced by copying and pasting all the teamwork elements from Warzone

It's such a killfest, but I hope that's simply due to map size/the concentrated mode.

Arnie

Unless, TDM is completely different from Warzone, unlike Killzone 3 where they made TDM extremely unbalanced by copying and pasting all the teamwork elements from Warzone

I have the same thoughts.

I feel like people are getting way too hungup over the graphics. As I've said the best way to describe it would be 'vapid'. There's a lot of spraying, a lack of recoil, and that green shield door looks frustratingly balanced.

Not seeing it. Although I despised Killzone 3 after playing 2, and this looks a lot like the former.

I'm in awe. Holy shit.... I can't imagine this not being a complete hit.
The singleplayer will look insane. But i will jump straight into multiplayer first.

Artdirection is through the roof, as well as technical marvel.

I have the same thoughts.

I feel like people are getting way too hungup over the graphics. As I've said the best way to describe it would be 'vapid'. There's a lot of spraying, a lack of recoil, and that green shield door looks frustratingly balanced.

Not seeing it. Although I despised Killzone 3 after playing 2, and this looks a lot like the former.

On these forums graphics are king, didn't you know?

mr_nothin

Banned

It's such a killfest, but I hope that's simply due to map size/the concentrated mode.

It's TDM...of course there's no teamwork :p
They will be adding more recoil, dev confirmed on twitter.

Cake Boss

Banned
This looks like KZ3 notched up to 10. Looks like absolute shit gameplay wise, I dont give a shit how many lighting particles it throws at my face, but that gameplay looks like a stale fart.

COD Ghosts looks more challenging than this shit, that looked like a rail gun mowing down people.

I'm glad to see that the level design still has the same vertical-depth that the others have had. I hate when multiplayer shooters all happen on one level or one level with a building and banister or two.
has anyone taking notice when you zoom in with any of the weapons that the outer portion outside of the scope doesnt go to a black screen?

i just went back to BF3 to try out the zoom and the minute i went into it other than the scope itself the rest of the screen is black.

to me i think this is quite the achievement, also from what i see here looks like the game is coming along very nicely.

Moxx19

Banned
Hopefully, we get Engineer like abilities and such so we can perform that role again. KZ2 was so good when all the classes worked in unison even to get a killcount in TD.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
This looks like KZ3 notched up to 10. Looks like absolute shit gameplay wise, I dont give a shit how many lighting particles it throws at my face, but that gameplay looks like a stale fart.

COD Ghosts looks more challenging than this shit, that looked like a rail gun mowing down people.

It was a kill montage...

Cake Boss
go home you're drunk
Today, 11:52 PM,

It was team deathmatch and only shows 2 of the 10 maps. What else you do expect? Warzone (you know, team based objective play) is coming back. You want everyone to hold hands and play Red Rover or something? Besides, its a brand new game in demo mode. No one knows the maps and you have to learn the game plays and feels.

Salex

Banned

beyonce-derp.jpg

Cake Boss
go home you're drunk
(Today, 05:52 PM)

Splint

Id like to see the final game with the increased recoil that the dev said. I think thats what making it look stale. I also hope I dont have to use ADS since I barely used it in KZ2 unless it was for long distance.

Don't be silly. You think you will just mow through people online with no resistance? This vid only showed kills, not player deaths.

Gorillaz

Samuel-baby.gif

cake boss pls

It's TDM...of course there's no teamwork :p
They will be adding more recoil, dev confirmed on twitter.

Yeah...but I don't take their word for it that they will just "add" recoil. Why wasn't it already there?

Again, where is the health?? Please don't tell me it's regenerative D: Don't tell me health packs no longer exist...

I'm also concerned about health. I hope it's at a high level, especially if it's so easy to aim and run, with little recoil. I'm hearing some people say it's COD-esque, while others say it's heavy, while others say they are "lighter" than Killzone 3.

We should be getting Warzone footage soon, wont we?

I will say that it looks gorgeous though. What an artstyle! Seriously, the darkness gives such lusciousness to the colours.

Totally, have to be bots, so many just stand there and get shot, knived, or grenaded.

And I hope to god all mighty that whoever is playing simply has the controller sensitivity turned way down because good lord he pivoted so slowly, game is 60 fps now, come on.

Game looks great! I for one, enjoyed KZ3 Mult, actually I only bought that title for the multiplayer and never touched the singleplayer mode (don't worry before shadowfall baby you will have my time).
This multiplayer looks to have the same great style with free updates! I am already in on this one!

nib95

Banned
Just watched this with all my cousins. We're all getting this game. Cannot believe this is going to run at 60fps. Lighting, map design, weapon designs and sounds, particle effects, textures, everything looks rich and satisfying. Also lol at the dude zip lining down.

Arnie

It's TDM...

But still, name one thing that's unique to Killzone in that video?

As a visual spectacle the game's unrivalled, in my opinion. As a piece of interactive entertainment I think it looks bland. I don't see anything that especially jumps out as being 'Killzone'. There's no specific gameplay loop or nuance that looks like it'll hook me for hours on end.

IT LOOKS... like another shooter will hit the market.

We need some fresh ideas going, quick please.

Don't worry PS4 has you covered here too

At launch we're getting:

• Assault Android Cactus (Witch Beam)
• Fez (Polytron Corporation)
• Final Horizon (Eiconic Games)
• Guns of Icarus Online (Muse Games)
• Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number (Dennaton Games and Devolver Digital)
• N++ (Metanet)
• Rogue Legacy (Cellar Door Games)
• Samurai Gunn (Teknopants)
• Starbound (Chucklefish)
• Switch Galaxy Ultra (Atomicom)
• The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (Nicalis)
• Velocity 2X (FuturLab)
• Volume (Mike Bithell)
• Wasteland Kings (Vlambeer)

;)

Anhkow

gUIl1o6.gif

Grimhammer

Neo Member
Seeing this really makes me want to just cancel bf4.
I'm tired of military shooters. And yet fps is my favorite genre.
I have KZ, bf4 and asscreed paid (pirates got me).
But I want a good racer to compliment shooting people in da' face. :p

I may just cancel bf4 for nfs or drive club. (I like arcade racers more than sim....and drive club looks to handle like PGR. That'd be great!)

Prologue

If you haven't seen the 900MB+ 1080p version of this video, download it immediately!

As I always say, Beauty is the Eye of the Beholder.

If GG can hit 60fps for MP, KZ:SF will easily be the most graphically beautiful shooter for the PS4 at launch (note I said PS4, not PC). Given that CoD isn't focused on visuals and DICE is still struggling to optimize BF4, GG clearly has the lead here.

I love the fact we have bots in MP! The 10 maps at launch, free DLC, all weapons unlocked, etc. all are Good Things.

Where is that?

The more I overdoes on the GIFS, the more it actually reminds me of Killzone. I think it fits the style of Killzone just perfectly. You've still got those wicked post processing effects, the industrialized kinda feel to the guns.

These are sick. I don't have much time at work at the moment, but does someone want to lump all those gifs in a post? Maybe not embed that as images, but links would be amazing.

Cake Boss

Banned
People keep telling me its kill montage, its suppose to look easy etc.

Then how come this montage looks more interesting than what is shown of SF so far?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uO7TpDFBdc

I'll give you a hint, it starts with R and ends with OIL.

Oh and some of his shots actually miss, and his gun has kick back, he also has to adgust his aim, oh and he isnt mowing down 3 people before he has to reload, you know....requiring actual skill.

I said my piece, its too bad the series will never get back to the KZ2 gunplay as it tries to hit the COD crowd like many other shooters have tried.

Its looks purty though.

One thing i noticed and don`t like is that both Driveclub and Killzone`s video output/picture is very dark and almost oversaturated.

Both games could use some more brighness for a more balanced picture.

GodofWine

People keep telling me its kill montage, its suppose to look easy etc.

Then how come this montage looks more interesting than what is shown of SF so far?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uO7TpDFBdc

I'll give you a hint, it starts with R and ends with OIL.

Oh and some of his shots actually miss, and his gun has kick back, he also has to adgust his aim, oh and he isnt mowing down 3 people before he has to reload.

You missed some posts and developer tweets apparently...thats ok, its Friday.

Top Bottom