• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

6 Minute Killzone Shadowfall Multiplayer (Team Deathmatch)

Ricky_R

Shinooobiiii

Can you please ask where the health bar is?
If Engineer abilities can repair ammo/turrets around the map?
If ADS will be as prominent as in the footage, or if recoil/kickback and ADS usage will be more in line with KZ2?
If standard/official Warzone games incorporate in-game abilities like "Reduced recoil"?

I'd ask them myself, but you seem to have a presence.

Those are coming out of your own pocket buddy.

Shinooobiiii

Can you please ask where the health bar is?
If Engineer abilities can repair ammo/turrets around the map?
If ADS will be as prominent as in the footage, or if recoil/kickback and ADS usage will be more in line with KZ2?
If standard/official Warzone games incorporate in-game abilities like "Reduced recoil"?

I'll give some of those a shot, sure.

They ain't cheap though. Keeping tabs.

Just the shell casings:
ibvO4oBGObRaKU.gif
Get the f out of here.these are the little details that set certain developers apart.

I'm surprised how many people don't understand the context of that image. It's not meant to be...flattering to the "truth" being presented.

yeah I know I read the series but it's still funny to use
bloody hardcovers of the latest books always kill my wallet... why can't you release the soft cover and hard cover at the same time George R.R Martin

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Get the f out of here.these are the little details that set certain developers apart.

Stuff like that is what sets Sony's first party studios apart. Even though they are spread around the world there is a pervasive culture within them focusing on marrying tech, art, and attention to detail to create enormously cohesive and impressive visuals. If this kind of stuff is in a launch game, I can't even imagine what we're going to see at the end of the gen.

So, does the press at all get to play Warzone? Or is that not at Gamescom at all?

I don't want to wait another month for an updated Warzone trailer :(

This footage was released by GG, wasn't it? It's not camera footage from someone at GC?

Acrylic7

No it wouldn't. Have you played BF3? They have the same thing and it works. The whole point is to place it tactically.

This isn't Battlefeild, If there ever was a different and unique FPS its definitely Killzone.

and I already said this
"Umm not really. Being able to destroy a spawn grenade doesn't stop a bad tactician from throwing it :/
So your choices would be reduced to spawning and getting massacred, Spawning then having to stay away from he objective to protect the spawn grenade/point so that your team can spawn (Killzone 3 basically, which is terrible), or spawn and die in a second because if this were the case then the main object for your opponent would obviously be to destroy your spawn grenade/point which is total map control. You would basically be turning the entire map into a factions home base. Complete control not a good idea."

Ask and ye shall receive.

L8AJAw8.png

I will sorely, sorely miss fixed ammo boxes and repairing turrets :(

To me, that was a whole metagame that made both gameplay and map control so fun. Not sure if I like it, since it makes everything more upfront and on the offensive.

Thank you so much, Shinobi. I'm going to take a stab at asking them questions myself. They certainly seem kind enough to be open about it.

trephine

Banned
im sad that the classic medic and engineer class have beed dicontinued,ive been playing killzone 2 latley alot ill miss them.
i saw alot of hipfire in the 1 gb vid good news keep it killzone.

Ardenyal

I hope they are just ammo boxes and you can't pick up grenades off them. One annoying thing about any FPS is the beginning of round / stalemate grenade spam.

GoldPunch

Banned
First PS2 Game Ridge Rager 5:

rr06_640w.jpg

Later, Gran Turismo 4

533-turismo.jpg

First PS3 Game; Resistance Fall of Man

wujf.jpg

Many years later Killzone 3:

odsy.jpg

First PS4 Game:

killzone-shadowfall-660x330.jpg

ic1UenmzRjlFX.gif

Few years later ??????

48569325_omg_reaction_gif.gif

@StevenTerHeide1 Lastly, will official servers by GG support HonorBadges? They seem very detrimental to core gameplay. Less Recoil, for e.g.

@StevenTerHeide1 When you add in recoil, will you take inspiration from KZ2's recoil/hip fire focus? Slightly less than that of KZ2? Equal?

@StevenTerHeide1 Hi! Big fan of KZ2, I am so happy to see you guys flourish! I'm curious, where is the health bar in SF? Is it regenerative?

---

This guy will hate me haha.

On the plus side, Twitter is pretty useful.

I wonder if I can bother Mr. Boltjes...

@StevenTerHeide1 Lastly, will official servers by GG support HonorBadges? They seem very detrimental to core gameplay. Less Recoil, for e.g.

@StevenTerHeide1 When you add in recoil, will you take inspiration from KZ2's recoil/hip fire focus? Slightly less than that of KZ2? Equal?

@StevenTerHeide1 Hi! Big fan of KZ2, I am so happy to see you guys flourish! I'm curious, where is the health bar in SF? Is it regenerative?

---

This guy will hate me haha.

On the plus side, Twitter is pretty useful.

I wonder if I can bother Mr. Boltjes...

Both KZ2 MP and KZ3 MP have had regenerative health and no health bar as far as I remember (haven't played in a long time :) ), and Shadow Fall looks to be the same.

First PS2 Game Ridge Rager 5:

ridge-racer.jpg

Later, Gran Turismo 4

pmaj.jpg

First PS3 Game; Resistance Fall of Man

wujf.jpg

Many years later Killzone 3:

odsy.jpg

First PS4 Game:

killzone-shadowfall-660x330.jpg

ic1UenmzRjlFX.gif

Few years later ??????

48569325_omg_reaction_gif.gif

That is Ridge Racer PSP, not Ridge Racer 5.

That is a Gran Turismo 4 bullshot. Too clean for PS2.

Resistance isn't a fair example, because Insomniac didn't exhibit the best graphical capabilities on PS3, especially early on. Motorstorm is a better example of early PS3, and it came out very shortly after launch.

Stil, you make a good point. ;)

Both KZ2 MP and KZ3 MP have had regenerative health and no health bar as far as I remember (haven't played in a long time :) ), and Shadow Fall looks to be the same.

You remember semi-wrongly.

KZ2 & 3 has a mix of both; you have a health bar and when you are injured you regenerate 70% of what your health was, the rest needed to be healed by a medpack.

SF looks to have completely removed the health bar and opted for regenerating health only.

oti

Banned
So, does the press at all get to play Warzone? Or is that not at Gamescom at all?

I don't want to wait another month for an updated Warzone trailer :(

This footage was released by GG, wasn't it? It's not camera footage from someone at GC?

Yes, all we played was Warzone. Warzone in the end is just a glorified term for ruleset. The first Warzone we played in the mall with the beacon objective, friendly fire off and so on. The second Warzone was more tactical with changing missions (find and destroy, find and secure - stuff like that) during the match and friendly fire on.

So the special thing about Warzone in the end are the menus in which you can tweak and change pretty much every element of the multiplayer. You can then share your Warzone with everyone on PSN and every Warzone will have a special leaderboard attached to it.

You remember semi-wrongly.

KZ2 & 3 has a mix of both; you have a health bar and when you are injured you regenerate 70% of what your health was, the rest needed to be healed by a medpack.

SF looks to have completely removed the health bar and opted for regenerating health only.

I'm embarrassed I couldn't remember that, I played KZ2 MP a lot. But you have it right.

Just watched the 900MB video. Wasn't that supposed to be 60fps and extremely smooth? I was noticing some slowdowns here and there when a lot of shit was going on

Anyway the explosions sound insane in it. They had such a low thud! and boom to them. Also mechanical sounds from the little robots etc. sound like Transformers which is cool
Guns sound good but they get extremely muddy in full auto and it's just a wall of sound with no clarity.

Another thing I noticed is the Helghast visors are completely obnoxious with lens flares, It's like a bunch of localised BF3 suns running around.

Overall thought the game is very pleasing to the eye and these are the particle effects and lighting I want from next gen

Moxx19

Banned
So they got rid of Squads as they were in KZ2, and now make you waste an ability to be able to spawn on your buddy?

I don't like that.

What I got from it was, that they are back as they were, but you also have an ability you can activate which teleporting you to a team member or something. I could be interpreting it wrong though.

EDIT: Holy spelling errors Batman!

What I got from it was, that they are back as they were, but you also have an ability you can activate watch teleporting you to a team member I something. I could be interpreting it wrong though.

I think he's talking about the system wide party feature that the PS4 now has. I don't think Shadow Fall will have squads.

RoKKeR

This is the one game I REALLY want on PS4 right now, but I'll be waiting patiently. Late 2014 is going to be an awesome time to jump in.

Are the maps gonna be big in this game? From all these clips they look pretty small and CoD like. I liked KZ2s bigger maps, it made sniping a more viable option.

tatsuki

First gif works. The rest say error

Ahh, Thanks. Drive has a bandwidth limit. Although It's very high. Those gifs must have pushed it over the edge. I should have hosted them on an alt account where I don't have tons of gifs hosted in other places. Instead of my main one. I'll fix it.

Tunin

Oh man, these KZ2 vibes I'm feeling.

I'll divide my attention between this and BF4, beginning of a generation couldn't be more glorious.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Difference with PS4 and PS23 being that Krazy Ken designed the hardware to be hard to develop for so they could squeeze more out of it later in the gen. I don't think we will see similar jumps in quality this gen.

Optimization is endless. Look at the jump on Xbox 1 (the original fucking Xbox, thanks MS) comparing early software to later stuff like Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. As good as Killzone: Shadow Fall looks, it's still a game being rushed to make launch.

Killzone Shadow Fall is a very pretty game, I hope it controls as good as it looks. I didn't care much for KZ 2 because of the controls, they were too sluggish for my liking. KZ 3 is sitting in my backlog, I played the demo and they seamed to have fixed to control issues. It is going to be an interesting November with GHOSTS, Battlefield 4 and Shadow Fall. I pre-ordered both an XBOX ONE and a PS4 but have yet to decide what games I am going to pick up... decisions, decisions.
LB

Top Bottom