• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni-Oh PS3 lives?!

duckroll

It seems that Famitsu has information about how Ni-Oh (the PS3 title announced by Koei before the PS3 was out) is actually back in development as an action RPG, and the action portions are being developed by Team Ninja?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Title said:
Ni-Oh PS3 Lives!?
neo_whoadtl9.jpg

ssolitare said:
What's NI-OH, I wasn't around then.
This thingy.

128126-niohjsu7.jpg

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I really like the aesthetic of Ni-Oh. I'm there.

Le-mo

fallagin said:
Wait, is this the game where the trailer had a guy balancing a ball on a spear?
That guy you are referring to is Guan Yu and as stated above is a tech demo for Dynasty Warriors

fallagin

Le-mo said:
That guy you are referring to is Guan Yu and as stated above is a tech demo for Dynasty Warriors

Oh, I honestly thought that was an original game coming out. My memory is playing tricks on me.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Ni-Oh is most likely going to be announced as PS4 launch title next month.

Game is being developed by Tecmo's Team Ninja.

You heard it here first ;) (tbh i'm just guessing, most likely on PS3 being announced next month. Koei have talked about the game very recently and said to expect a surprise announcement)

SgtCobra

You heard it here first ;)
Probably not impossible.
They were having problems with the PS3 hardware and the Ps4 gave them what they needed I guess.
1 billion troops on screen? Sign me up.
Worse development cycle than FF Versus?
What development? :lol

Samyy

You heard it here first ;)

You should clarify whether your guessing or have info
Mods dont really take too kindly to these types of things right now

Persona86

Banned
It seems that Famitsu has information about how Ni-Oh (the PS3 title announced by Koei before the PS3 was out) is actually back in development as an action RPG, and the action portions are being developed by Team Ninja?

You have my attention!

Edit: Oh crap 2010 thread!?

You heard it here first ;) (tbh i'm just guessing, most likely on PS3 being announced next month)

You best not be trolling.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Guessing.

But based on this

Also very recently (couple of months ago) Koei said to expect a surprise announcement very soon. So TGS is the only place i can think we'll see it. I've been following the game and all interviews since 2004/5 pretty much.

Persona86

Banned
Guessing.

But based on this

Also very recently (couple of months ago) Koei said to expect a surprise announcement very soon. So TGS is the only place i can think we'll see it. I've been following the game and all interviews since 2004/5 pretty much.

That was one year ago.

But you may actually be right.

spuit*11

Banned
Ha I remember the trailer from E3 2005. Haafu samurai wrecking-ball god of war/dynasty warriors game. I think it was supposed to be a dual project game/movie or something.

It was announced the year before that e3, talk about a putting one on the backburner.

High res:

ZhugeEX

Banned
It was announced the year before that e3, talk about a putting one on the backburner.

:

9 year dev cycle.

Can't wait for Ni-Oh 2 on PS7

But seriously, i'm going to be really surprised if the game isn't announced at TGS this year for some type of PlayStation format. The project was picked up again by Team Ninja back in 2009 after Koei made a mess of it from 2004 through 2008.

Top Bottom