• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former Kingdom Come Deliverance art director launches Kickstarter campaign for 2D pixelart game called Scribe RPG

Dazraell

I just randomly stumbled on this and thought to make a thread about it. This game is created by two developers, including former Kingdom Come Deliverance art director Mikulas Podprocky

You can find a Kickstarter campaign about it here.

And press release
Prague, March 24, 2024 – Rawmeat, Prague-based Indie Game Studio, proudly announces that their video game, Scribe, has launched a campaign on Kickstarter.

After several hard years of Indie development, we’re ready to announce that Scribe has launched a campaign on Kickstarter. We’re eager to share our ideas, our passion, and the fruits of our labor with our fans and supporters. This campaign is not just about funding our project, it’s about building a community around Scribe, a community that shares our vision and our excitement.

About Scribe

Scribe is a unique fusion of retro platformer and side-scrolling action games, masterfully combined with the nostalgic charm of point-and-click adventures. This blend is further enhanced with the incorporation of modern RPG mechanics, creating a gaming experience that is both familiar and innovative. Despite its slow pace, Scribe offers an action-packed adventure and exploration RPG game, meticulously crafted by a dedicated two-person team.

The game seamlessly integrates platformer and action gameplay elements with the immersive narrative depth of point-and-click adventures. This combination places a strong emphasis on exploration, inviting players to delve into the richly detailed game world.

Scribe boasts a variety of engaging mechanics, including branched dialogues, quests, combat, crafting, stealth, archery, and magic. These elements are all presented in stunning handmade pixel art graphics, adding to the game’s visual appeal. The game’s mechanics are designed to provide a comprehensive and immersive gaming experience, ensuring that there’s always something new and exciting for players to discover.

Players step into the shoes of a rebellious Scribe, embarking on a quest to uncover the true history of the Continent. In this world, studying or preserving pieces of true history is a crime punishable by death, adding a layer of danger and intrigue to the player’s journey. The player’s path is accompanied by non-repetitive original art at every turn, further encouraging exploration and interaction with the game world.

Scribe is more than just a game, it’s a journey through a beautifully crafted world, filled with mystery, adventure, and a rich, engaging storyline. It invites players to explore, discover, and ultimately, write their own story.

About Rawmeat
Meet the creative duo of indie game development, the Podprocky brothers, Mikulas and Tomas. Their journey began in the year 2020, marking the inception of a team that would soon make waves in the gaming industry.

Mikulas, a veteran in the field, brings to the table a wealth of experience from his time in AAA game development. His portfolio boasts of illustrious titles such as Mafia 2 and Top Spin 4, and he held the esteemed position of Art Director for the critically acclaimed Kingdom Come: Deliverance. At Rawmeat, Mikulas is the creative compass, guiding the artistic vision of their projects.

Tomas, on the other hand, is the technical powerhouse of the team. With a robust technical background, he adeptly handles all the technical aspects of Scribe’s development, ensuring that the game not only looks good but also runs smoothly.

We believe in the power of collective effort and we are confident that with your support, we can make Scribe a reality. So join us, be a part of our story, and let’s make something amazing together. Thank you for your support and belief in Scribe. Let’s make this dream a reality!

Mikulas and Tomas Podprocky

Love what I saw in the trailer, but I'm reluctant to pledge as it look like it's not even going to make the first tier, currently sitting at 12K/50K with 11 days left. And even 50K seems like peanuts for a game of this scope.

It looks like old school fun.

I'm not sure if it will be possible, but I hope it manages to reach 90k just so that I can play this with a controller instead of dealing with pointer controls.

Top Bottom