• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Come Deliverance 2 Releases in 2024

Killer8

Here I come, ready to make your day a bit worse. Don't shoot the messenger!

Kingdom Come: Deliverance 2 was revealed yesterday, and is set to be a considerably larger and more comprehensive representation of medieval life. As part of this, it's set to address one of the more controversial elements of the first game, its lack of diversity.

In an interview with IGN, Warhorse was asked directly about its philosophy on historical accuracy in the first game, and whether that philosophy had changed in the second. To this Warhorse responded "Henry is embarking on a journey from the countryside and local quarrels to a relatively cosmopolitan city that is besieged and occupied by the invading king. Naturally, in a place like this, people can expect a wide range of ethnicities and different characters that Henry will meet on his journey."

It will be more diverse, yes - because a cosmopolitan city is always going to be a melting pot of different cultures and backgrounds. IGN however is in for a rude awakening if they think the 'diversity' Warhorse is talking about just means 'more brown people'. Diversity also means the difference between, say, a Pict, a Briton, and a Bohemian, as well the difference between a Jew, a Protestant and a Catholic. Yet all would just be considered as generically 'white' to the leftist cum guzzlers at IGN.

There are 371 ethnic groups in Nigeria, for example, speaking over 500 languages. It could be considered an extremely diverse country, even if everyone looks black to a casual observer. But to the modern leftist, 'diversity' just means seeing a salad bowl of different levels of melanin content on the screen. It's extremely retarded and literally skin deep shite.

Anyway, one glance at Daniel Vávra's Twitter feed puts me at ease that there is nothing to worry about. Warhorse have historical accuracy and rigorous scholarship on their side (even having their work used by the University of Prague, one of the oldest in the world). They aren't going to throw it all away for shit swilling American identity politics.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Best version of 1 PC?

I tried a hour and couldn’t get into it. Not sure if it’s me or the game.

Denton

Best version of 1 PC?

I tried a hour and couldn’t get into it. Not sure if it’s me or the game.
Yes, PC version is the best one, if you have good PC. Loadings take around 5 seconds, you get 60fps and much better graphics, plus possibility of mods.
In one hour you were still in tutorial prologue. Personally I enjoyed it from the moment the intro started playing, but if I were you I would still give it some more time. It opens up when you wake up in Rattay mill, then you get the open world freedom and game starts for real. However, as a peasant, your skills are very low so some combat training with Cpt. Bernard is recommended.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Currently doing a replay on PS5 (game is awesome) and technically it’s better that I expected. The game is perfectly playable imho
60fps is always better but honestly, I'd say a game as slow paced as KC: D can be enjoyed at 30fps no problem.

Last edited:

ryu4

Neo Member
So is CDPR, and they've been totally captured. Anything can happen.

Vavra might be forced to bend the knee by his publisher.
CDPR got too big to not turn woke. Warhorse, for better or worse, will never get that big so they'll be fine

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Denton Denton
Man, i loved my Panny Plasma - Zero problems, good blacks, no vignetting, DSE, clouding etc, just some minor burn-in after thousands of hours and 10 years of use ;)

Anyway, back to the point : OLED Tvs, due to their (near) instant response time, have this judder with low framerate content, some people notice it, others don't, for me though it's so bad that it has made impossible playing/re-playing games that run at 30fps.
I always preferred 60fps since i was a kiddo but, due to me being a console player mostly i had to adjust to 30fps (and there are LOTS of those on consoles) along the years.
Truth be told, i never had a problem with games that had a good 30fps (i.e those with no frame pacing/frame stepping/stutter etc) when using LCD/LED/Plasma TVs, as soon as i got my LG OLED though...every 30fps game feels like judder city and i just can't.

There are games that fare better than others but, 30fps on OLED, generally speaking is a no-no.

Get this, games that have a 40Hz mode are the ones that feel like "proper" 30fps on OLED, basically, it doesn't feel like you're gaining 10fps but instead, it removes that weird judder making them feel smoother - like 30fps smooth on LCD/LED Tvs, it sounds weird, i know but it is what it is.

TLDNR : 30fps on OLED is bad due to judder and the 40Hz mode in games is the "true 30fps feeling one" when on OLED.

Cheers

Last edited:

Denton

Man, i loved my Panny Plasma - Zero problems, good blacks, no vignetting, DSE, clouding etc, just some minor burn-in after thousands of hours and 10 years of use
That is what I am using - 55ST50 from 2013, no burn-in yet. i just had to replace the remote last year, some buttons were messed up. Together with DLDSR I do not feel any need to upgrade.

And that is interesting about OLED, I had no idea. Since I play on PC I get 60fps everywhere anyway so it wouldn't be a huge deal for me, but still...interesting.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I'm very LTTP on this one but have put in almost 8 hours into the game this week. I'm liking it a lot. Yes, combat is janky but there is a richness to the game that is hard to deny. I hate the weight limit and the combat needs work but the strength of the game and world is enough for me to be very interested. I was gonna start Sand Land but I think I'll let the kids have that for now and see if I can beat this game. Making me much more interested in the sequel for sure.

Meicyn

Gold Member
I'm very LTTP on this one but have put in almost 8 hours into the game this week. I'm liking it a lot. Yes, combat is janky but there is a richness to the game that is hard to deny. I hate the weight limit and the combat needs work but the strength of the game and world is enough for me to be very interested. I was gonna start Sand Land but I think I'll let the kids have that for now and see if I can beat this game. Making me much more interested in the sequel for sure.
Protip: if you aren’t already, use bludgeoning weapons. They are way better than swords IMO, especially against armored opponents. Knocking enemies out is quite satisfying.

LiquidMetal14

Protip: if you aren’t already, use bludgeoning weapons. They are way better than swords IMO, especially against armored opponents. Knocking enemies out is quite satisfying.
Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely try it out.

I'm actually almost 13 hours in. Didn't expect the game to grab me the way it did. Stretches that Braveheart itch.

I've been doing very well with a longsword and just learned how to read Uzhitz so you can tell where I'm at in the story. There's a to do as well. I'll have to stick to the main story for now.

Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely try it out.

I'm actually almost 13 hours in. Didn't expect the game to grab me the way it did. Stretches that Braveheart itch.

I've been doing very well with a longsword and just learned how to read Uzhitz so you can tell where I'm at in the story. There's a to do as well. I'll have to stick to the main story for now.
If you don't have a horse yet it might be worth looking into, with saddlebags can carry a lot and helped greatly with my weight / packrat problem.

LiquidMetal14

If you don't have a horse yet it might be worth looking into, with saddlebags can carry a lot and helped greatly with my weight / packrat problem.
Yep, got a horse earlier as part of mission. Leveling up that one trait of skill to lower equipped armor as well as increasing weight helped. It still needs to be a out double what it is.

Horse storage definitely helps.

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
I guess only a 40fps option for this game on consoles would be “fine” provided it was running at decent graphical presets.

Top Bottom