• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dawnwalker Is The Name Of An Upcoming Dark Fantasy RPG By Former CD Projekt Red Devs

Dawnwalker_1920x1080.jpg

In February 2022, former designers from CD Projekt Red announced the formation of a new studio called Rebel Wolves. The team revealed its first project would be, unsurprisingly, an RPG, and today, we learned a couple more details about the game, including its title.

The game is called Dawnwalker, and Rebel Wolves describes it as a “story-driven dark fantasy role-playing adventure.” Billed as being the team's dream RPG project, the game has officially entered the alpha stage of development, and Rebel Wolves plans to share more information about it later this year.

The studio also announced another CD Projekt alumni Mateusz Tomaszkiewicz as the game’s creative director. Tomaszkiewicz work includes Cyberpunk 2077, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, and Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales.
“We want to craft a world that you will want to explore and dive deep into and tell stories that make you care about the characters,” said Tomaszkiewicz in a press release. “We aim to deliver an experience that will allow for a variety of choices and room for experimentation when replayed. Helping craft this experience with so many talented people will be my mission at Rebel Wolves, and I can't wait for everyone to see what the team has been up to for quite a while now.”

Rebel Wolves didn’t share any more info on Dawnwalker, so questions about its premise, narrative, mechanics, and platforms will go unanswered until hopefully later this year. Until then, the team did release a piece of promotional art, posted above, that should help fuel imaginations of what the team is cooking.

Saber

Gold Member
Hmm...it got a bit of my interest I guess. I hope they can make this game living up to the expectations that their mouths are spouting. With no much of info it's hard to get anything out of this.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
What specific devs we talking about here family?

Janitors, receptionists, window washers, and valet parking?

What's dark fantasy compared to regular fantasy?
Like what Mister Wolf Mister Wolf said, it can range from something like Berserk to maybe Demon’s Souls/Dark Souls, to Castlevania, etc.

Imagine a Lord of the Rings alternate reality sequel where the main cast lost, orcs won, and the world was covered in darkness/gloominess while the Sauron watches over all as a looming threat.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
What's dark fantasy compared to regular fantasy?
Dark fantasy is a subgenre of fantasy literary, artistic, and cinematic works that incorporate disturbing and frightening themes of fantasy.

Generally leading to bittersweet or bad endings.

Shin Megami Tensei, Drakengard, Berserk, Witcher, Castlevania, Lovecraftian, Survival Horror are all fine examples.

leizzra

We’ll see but I know someone from that studio and… good luck and may god have mercy on those poor souls.

Last edited:

Hugare

Sounds cool, but where will the budget come from?

New company with few devs probably doesnt have the funds to make something AAA. And this is a concept for something big.

Top Bottom