• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

14 minutes of open world Watch Dogs gameplay [hacking, combat, driving]

AHA-Lambda

I don't see what's the fuss about Infamous SS. Other than the characters it doesn't look particularly ahead of GTAV.

I'm not sure how to compare them tbh.

I've not kept up with Infamous SS at all (I didn't like the first game and dropped the series after it), is there something special about SS?

Seems like speaking the truth has hurt some people's feelings. Sorry.

I'm not sure how to compare them tbh.

I've not kept up with Infamous SS at all (I didn't like the first game and dropped the series after it), is there something special about SS?
It's exclusive status gives it immunity to criticism.

Joeki11a

Banned
Yeeeeeeeeeah it wasn't dude. That was a serious case of "Ubi ultra amazing graphics reveal video". The final game won't look like that on console.

Go watch the press conference, it was played Live on a Ps4, did you forget that happened at E3?

You act like the game is some Stars Wars 1313 quality, go DL the direct feed on gamersyde...The divison has amazing details and scale but come on its not that CG quality 1313 omg amazing quality.

FACE

Banned
This. But then again, Derrick01 has nothing but seething hate for all things fun.

Are you saying that Ubi's open world games are fun?

Show where Ubi said this is on a Ps4...

and did you even see Ubi press conference?
the devs played Division On Ps4, even showed it at E3 floor to Kojima and others all running on a Ps4

Playing with a PS4 controller and playing on a PS4 devkit are two very different things.

Vire

It's exclusive status gives it immunity to criticism.

Please watch this and then get back to me

ibuFuF5nuPbVKL.gif

Show where Ubi said this is on a Ps4...

and did you even see Ubi press conference?
the devs played Division On Ps4, even showed it at E3 floor to Kojima and others all running on a Ps4

So Ubisoft will show The Division on a PS4, but they won't show Watch Dogs on a PS4 because...?

Amir0x

Banned

I don't know why my feelings would be hurt from your blindness. I just feel sympathy, it's not a joking matter dude :(

But in the off chance you haven't just forgot to wear your glasses, can you elaborate on what you mean by 'other than the characters' it doesn't look much beyond GTAV?

Do you mean 1080p resolution where GTA is barely 720p on current gen consoles?

Or the dynamically changing weather that impacts the environment? Remember, this is an open world game and it's doing this shit on the fly dynamically. Weather effects everything in the game, and since Seattle is rainy, it also leads to infinite improvements in lighting, reflections. It's so far beyond GTA that it's a literal joke to even be entertaining this discussion.

Or the massively enhanced geometry? Or bokeh? The massively improved texture resolution and detail? The significantly improved LOD? The literally insane particle effects? The character models you mentioned, but hey... since we're going for broke. What about the dramatically enhanced world destruction abilities, all of which the game remembers?

Pretty much every single aspect of the game engine takes GTAV out back and rounds up GTA's family and forces them to watch as inFamous brutally murders it.
But yeah other than the characters, preeeetty much not much better than GTA.

Dakota47

This looks pretty much like my ideal game. I hope it's possible to sneak more and shoot less. I also like how there are good and evil ways to play the game that don't necessarily have repercussions on your stats. The multiplayer part interested me most though. I like that more and more games are doing it this way, phasing gamers in and out of the game. Please don't disappoint, Watchy Dogs.

Haha now I'm just being taken for a ride.
It's up to you if you want to keep ignoring reality.

I don't know why my feelings would be hurt from your blindness. I just feel sympathy, it's not a joking matter dude :(

But in the off chance you haven't just forgot to wear your glasses, can you elaborate on what you mean by 'other than the characters' it doesn't look much beyond GTAV?

Do you mean 1080p resolution where GTA is barely 720p on current gen consoles?

Or the dynamically changing weather that impacts the environment? Remember, this is an open world game and it's doing this shit on the fly dynamically. Weather effects everything in the game, and since Seattle is rainy, it also leads to infinite improvements in lighting, reflections. It's so far beyond GTA that it's a literal joke to even be entertaining this discussion.

Or the massively enhanced geometry? Or bokeh? The massively improved texture resolution and detail? The significantly improved LOD? The literally insane particle effects? The character models you mentioned, but hey... since we're going for broke. What about the dramatically enhanced world destruction abilities, all of which the game remembers?

Pretty much every single aspect of the game engine takes GTAV out back and rounds up GTA's family and forces them to watch as inFamous brutally murders it.
But yeah other than the characters, preeeetty much not much better than GTA.
"Insane particle effects" lol.

Note that everything you said applies equally to Watch Dogs, and yet you also compared it to GTAV. Impartiality clearly isn't your strong suit.

Kibbles

If only Chicago traffic was really that sparse. I had a terrible time driving there a few weeks ago lol

So is this releasing launch day with PS4 or do we have to wait until the 19th?

Joeki11a

Banned
Devs have drivers that allow them to use the PS4 controller on PCs.

Its a PS4 dev kit why would they need that lol...

You must not realize wtf is coming, PS4 is ages ahead of Ps3, devs can literally now get extremely close PC like quality on these "home consoles".

Wake up 3rd party devs are going to shine on PS4, unlike the Ps3. In fact that was one of the main goals to end the ps3 crying from 3rd party

Fjordson

Looks so dull. What a weird trajectory this game is on. I was so hyped after that initial E3 reveal.

Oh well. Think I'll still get it on PS4 since I'm a sucker for open-world games, but it's not looking too hot.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I will hold off judgement, but I think they wasted a good opportunity on giving the player more freedom not to kill anyone, by getting sidequests by hacking people, and so on.

But still, I haven't played the game, so I don't know if they'll include this in the game at the end.

You must not realize wtf is coming, PS4 is ages ahead of Ps3, devs can literally now get extremely close PC like quality on these "home consoles".

Wake up 3rd party devs are going to shine on PS4, unlike the Ps3. In fact that was one of the main goals to end the ps3 crying from 3rd party
forgive me for asking, but... how old are you?

FACE

Banned
Me and many others, amazingly, have fun playing the far cry/assassins creed/etc. games. It's shocking, I know.

I guess you also enjoy watching paint dry and doing boring, menial work? :p

If you think that was running on a PS4 and that the game will look like that at launch on any platform you're in for a rude awakening.

Joeki11a

Banned
forgive me for asking, but... how old are you?

Probably your age, I am just seeing alot of
people that have no idea how powerful these
Machines are.

They get hype over killzone or infamous SS
then cant believe The Division and Watchdogs
were on a Ps4 at E3

Wtf?

This is a new gen where 3rd party will shine on PS4, it wont be just first party devs as the main graphics stars like it was on PS3, those days are over.

Salz01

Every time I see a clip from this game my hype dies. Not sure if its because Infamous looks better, or if GTA has more action than this, but it looks boring. As he is chasing the dude he hops over fences when we all know we'd shoot the guy before he got to the car. And then why not just jack the car that he is in? Think this game is just not for me.

Amir0x

Banned

Note that everything you said applies equally to Watch Dogs, and yet you also compared it to GTAV. Impartiality clearly isn't your strong suit.

*sigh*, it's clear you're trolling now, but I'll give it one final ol' country try:

Insane particle effects "LOL"? InFamous: Second Son has without hyperbole some of the most impressive particle effects ever seen in a game, full stop. This isn't even up for debate. It's fucking nuts. The fact that you think you made a point with your 'LOL' comment really speaks to how much effort you're putting into your comments.

Similarly, my comment was about ways the game was improved over GTA5 - in literally every fashion, by the way, if you were keeping track - but it wasn't about the degrees in which it was improved over something.

For example, if I say "Watch Dogs has superior geometry to GTA5", that wouldn't tell to what degree it was superior - if it's pushing X amount more polygons per second, or whatever. Watch Dogs is superior to GTA5 in all the ways I mentioned about inFamous: Second Son. But this doesn't speak to degrees. InFamous: Second Son is also superior to GTA5 in all ways, but by a much more significant amount than Watch Dogs.

Joeki11a

Banned
Every time I see a clip from this game my hype dies. Not sure if its because Infamous looks better, or if GTA has more action than this, but it looks boring. As he is chasing the dude he hops over fences when we all know we'd shoot the guy before he got to the car. And then why not just jack the car that he is in? Think this game is just not for me.

I understand what you mean, you see this is more of a LA Noire "open world" type of game.
It is actually linear and limited in sandbox gameplay.

Probably your age, I am just seeing alot of
people that have no idea how powerful these
Machines are.

They get hype over killzone or infamous SS
then cant believe The Division and Watchdogs
were on a Ps4 at E3

Wtf?

This is a new gen where 3rd party will shine on PS4, it wont be just first party devs as the main graphics stars like it was on PS3, those days are over.

We're not exactly sure what build this was and how it will look at launch.
It's allready too much for what PS3 can handle though. Yet you seem to be sure the PS3 version is allready finished and this is that ps3 version.

*sigh*, it's clear you're trolling now, but I'll give it one final ol' country try:

Insane particle effects "LOL"? InFamous: Second Son has without hyperbole some of the most impressive particle effects ever seen in a game, full stop. This isn't even up for debate. It's fucking nuts. The fact that you think you made a point with your 'LOL' comment really speaks to how much effort you're putting into your comments.
They're OK.

Similarly, my comment was about ways the game was improved over GTA5 - in literally every fashion, by the way, if you were keeping track. It wasn't about the degrees in which it was improved over something.

For example, if I say "Watch Dogs has superior geometry to GTA5", that wouldn't tell to what degree it was superior - if it's pushing X amount more polygons per second, or whatever. Watch Dogs is superior to GTA5 in all the ways I mentioned about inFamous: Second Son. But this doesn't speak to degrees. InFamous: Second Son is also superior to GTA5 in all ways, but by a much more significant amount than Watch Dogs.
All the media we have doesn't show significant differences between the graphical level of Infamous SS and Watch Dogs. It's only delusions from your part. Of course if you have any proof you're welcome to share it.

Ps3 watchdogs is ready...

thats what you are seeing in these videos

The Ps4 version you only were teased with at E3.

The PS4 version is probably more ready than anything else, it's coming out before the PS3 version and Ubisoft already said previously the way they developed this game was with next-gen/PC in mind and then porting down to current gen consoles afterward.

I'm not sure what you're going on about lol.

Grimhammer

Neo Member
All I can say is....I'm sooooo bored of open world now.

Asscreed great!
Infamous great!

Gta5, watchdogs.....I want to be excited. But I fail. Though I expect gta5 to have lots of fun things - watchdogs looks semi-done that boring. (Most of gta5 for me suffers this too....)

I don't know.

I want destiny. That'll be my go to open world game. Infamous too. Asscreed yeah.

Vire

It's up to you if you want to keep ignoring reality.

You are not in the least bit impressed by these real-time particle effects?

itcRpqL6rnGc7.gif

GIF 2

Top Bottom