• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

14 minutes of open world Watch Dogs gameplay [hacking, combat, driving]

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Cutscenes indeed

itcRpqL6rnGc7.gif

That gif doesn't look as good as the cinematic. It's close enough for me not to care though.

Sorian

Banned

"Addressed"

Just got through reading this thread, you have to be the biggest troll/astroturfer ever. You can hate on SS all you want from a story perspective and probably a gameplay perspective when we start seeing more of it but to take about the graphical quality of it like it's nothing? Yeah ok, the door is that way.

Edit: For the sake of being OT, I'm cautiously optimistic about W_D. Usual Ubisoft development, looks great in the beginning and borders on mediocre by the time it releases. As long as it can at least hit the level of Far Cry 3 (i.e. it isn't as terrible as AC3 or as boring as AC1) then I should be able to get some kicks out of it. If anything, the multiplayer seems like it can be in good fun.

Look at this shit. You have your behavior laid out before you for all to see, and you continue to just do the same. You are the one who is trolling this topic, nobody else. Once again, points are laid out in extensive detail, and all you can do is one or two sentence troll post in response. Put some effort into your posts and show some self-respect. Or at least respect your fellow posters who do.

The only trolling has come from Sony fanboys. How's saying Watch Dogs is barely better than GTAV totally acceptable, but not Infamous SS? Yeah, shut up already. All I did was expose the hypocrisy.

Sorian

Banned
The only trolling has come from Sony fanboys. How's saying Watch Dogs is barely better than GTAV totally acceptable, but not Infamous SS? Yeah, shut up already. All I did was expose the hypocrisy.

Because Watch Dogs is barely better than GTAV while SS is on another level over that. W_D is being devloped for current gen as well, its limitations are greater than SS. I also have eyes so I can just compare of what I've seen of SS and W_D but hey, more power to you for keeping up your facade.

Amir0x

Banned

You exposed yourself only, dude. Look at the responses you're getting from everyone. That you refuse to admit it just furthers your intellectual downfall. You continually put no effort whatsoever into your responses no matter how detailed people get in explaining how wrong you are, and then you keep retreating to the self-aggrandizing "I DID IT! I EXPOSED EVERYONE'S HYPOCRISY, HA HA!"

Nobody believes that and you're like that lonely flower sitting on a hill slowly wilting in the sun.

All I got was typical fanboy responses. I asked for specifics about what makes Infamous so much better and at best all I got were random gifs.

At least this has helped identifying fanboys and people who has no clue about rendering tech.

Neuro

This game is the only thing that makes me want to buy a next gen machine, I see incredible potential in it...

Derrick01

Banned
Why you guys continue to entertain him is beyond me. Do you really need to give several days worth of attention to someone who said GTA looks better than Second Son?

Amir0x

Banned
All I got was typical fanboy responses. I asked for specifics about what makes Infamous so much better and at best all I got were random gifs.

At least this has helped identifying fanboys and people who has no clue about rendering tech.

Do you have Alzheimer's or some shit? On the last page, I already exposed how hollow this persecution complex bullshit is. Your comment was about how inFamous: Second Son looked barely better than GTAV other than the character models. That was YOUR comment, that was what kicked off THIS specific discussion.

Then, several posters - including myself, which I linked to once again in the last page - went into great detail about the ways it is substantially superior to GTAV.

Then YOU changed the goal posts and tried to say "buh buh it's not that much superior to Watch Dogs". The reason one statement is relevant and the other is as well is because inFamous: Second Son looks better than Watch Dogs in most every way. But it DESTROYS GTAV. When you say 'proof', I say 'well you can look at any video and see this', because almost every visual effect Watch Dog is doing, inFamous: Second Son does better.

But for you, you keep equating the two separate opinions:

1. inFamous: Second Son destroys GTAV
2. inFamous: Second Son looks much better than Watch Dogs

and then trying to say if you think either one it's hypocrisy. One is a cross gen game; one is a next-gen exclusive. Of course the effects of one focused to a next-gen system is going to be dramatically superior. And every video we have shown proves this.

But your response to every single answer? One or two sentence trollposts with no effort put into them and outrageous comparisons like the Kameo image. You're simply beyond any reasonable definition of trolling. People, take note. This is what a troll ACTUALLY is. Someone who drops outrageous opinions and refuses to back them up in any reasonable way and then blames everyone else for being fanboys, hypocrites or refusing to do the same, even despite every evidence to the contrary. A classical troll.

Sorian

Banned
Why you guys continue to entertain him is beyond me. Do you really need to give several days worth of attention to someone who said GTA looks better than Second Son?

Cause if we keep him going long enough, he will probably say something stupid enough to get himself banned.

Do you have Alzheimer's or some shit? On the last page, I already exposed how hollow this persecution complex bullshit is. Your comment was about how inFamous: Second Son looked barely better than GTAV other than the character models. That was YOUR comment, that was what kicked off THIS specific discussion.
It's you who has Alzheimer. It was THIS comment what kicked off this discussion.

Then, several posters - including myself, which I linked to once again in the last page - went into great detail about the ways it is substantially superior to GTAV.
That's the proof of the double standard. Compare Watch Dogs to GTAV? Totally fine. Compare Infamous to GTAV? OMG he's a blind troll!

Then YOU changed the goal posts and tried to say "buh buh it's not that much superior to Watch Dogs". The reason one statement is relevant and the other is as well is because inFamous: Second Son looks better than Watch Dogs in most every way. But it DESTROYS GTAV. When you say 'proof', I say 'well you can look at any video and see this', because almost every visual effect Watch Dog is doing, inFamous: Second Son does better.

But for you, you keep equating the two separate opinions:

1. inFamous: Second Son destroys GTAV
2. inFamous: Second Son looks much better than Watch Dogs

And that's exactly fanboy talking. What effects are you talking about? What makes them better? What you're saying is the equivalent of this:

500pxshoppedhoz7e.jpg

What's the polycount? What about resolution? Particle count? What rendering techniques is Infamous SS using that aren't present in Watch Dogs? Either give specific answers or STFU.

and then trying to say if you think either one it's hypocrisy. One is a cross gen game; one is a next-gen exclusive. Of course the effects of one focused to a next-gen system is going to be dramatically superior. And every video we have shown proves this.
What a stupid cop-out. As I've already said, Watch Dogs is a next-gen game. It's designed with next-gen in mind. PS3/360 versions are ported down from that later. At least get your fats straight. But I guess that's expecting too much from a fanboy.

But your response to every single answer? One or two sentence trollposts with no effort put into them and outrageous comparisons like the Kameo image. You're simply beyond any reasonable definition of trolling. People, take note. This is what a troll ACTUALLY is. Someone who drops outrageous opinions and refuses to back them up in any reasonable way and then blames everyone else for being fanboys, hypocrites or refusing to do the same, even despite every evidence to the contrary. A classical troll.

Yeah, I'm the one that refuses to back up my opinions. Hilarious. Just as an example. When somebody posted the dynamic puddles as proof of Infamous superiority I pointed out that Remember me does it as well. Of course, you and many others decided to just ignore it because it goes against your agenda. All you've said is "many people agreed you're wrong" as if that means anything.

No wonder you got demoted as a mod.

Amir0x

Banned
It's you who has Alzheimer. It was THIS comment what kicked off this discussion.

Yes, and I responded to that very post. But that's not what kicked off THIS discussion. What kicked off THIS discussion, the one we're having, is your driveby troll post that inFamous: Second Son looks almost the same as GTAV outside of character models.

And...

That's the proof of the double standard. Compare Watch Dogs to GTAV? Totally fine. Compare Infamous to GTAV? OMG he's a blind troll!

Because Watch Dogs is a cross gen game, and inFamous is a purely next-gen game. Cross gen games always share more in common with the previous gen titles then games that are exclusive to next-gen.

Similarly, it was the nature of your comment that made it particularly inflammatory and caused everyone to respond the way they did. Because it was a driveby troll post and most people intuitively understood that. That I gave you the respect to respond in detail and you thought it prudent to respond with pathetic one or two sentence bits of nonsense demonstrates precisely how serious you are.

I'm not even going to touch your newest fanboy accusation. It's truly hilarious and not worth anyone's time.

What a stupid cop-out. As I've already said, Watch Dogs is a next-gen game. It's designed with next-gen in mind. PS3/360 versions are ported down from that later. At least get your fats straight. But I guess that's expecting too much from a fanboy.

This doesn't even make any fucking sense. Do you even hear yourself? The literal definition of a cross-gen game is a game that has to be made to function on both last gen platforms and next-gen platforms. No matter how much you design a game with 'next-gen' in mind, if you have to consider current gen platforms, you by definition must have an engine that takes less advantage of next-gen's inherent power. This is the way it works and it's the way it always worked; it has literally never been any different.

It's cute that you want to redefine what cross gen means, but you don't have the right. Sorry bro.

Yeah, I'm the one that refuses to back up my opinions. Hilarious. Just as an example. When somebody posted the dynamic puddles as proof of Infamous superiority I pointed out that Remember me does it as well. Of course, you and many others decided to just ignore it because it goes against your agenda. All you've said is "many people agreed you're wrong" as if that means anything.

No wonder you got demoted as a mod.

We already have pages of you demonstrating one or two sentence drive by trollposts. Everyone in here can see you for what you are. Trying to divert attention to something else so that people forget what you are is not going to work.

And again, you keep comparing apples and oranges. You think your Remember Me point was good or some shit? It's an extremely linear game. Of course it can, within the last gen, do some things that some open world games are now just being able to do for the first time. Do you want to compare the other things that single player linear titles do that open world games traditionally have been unable to due to their increased scale, at least on last gen consoles? They are legion.

We're talking about things that make inFamous: Second Son - as an open world game - superior to these other two open world games people are discussing. And all you keep doing is bringing in absurd comparisons and trying to shift goal posts (for example: even if you thought Remember Me compared favorably to Second Son in any fashion, what does that have to do with inFamous: Second Son looks in comparison to GTAV and Watch Dogs? The answer: Nothing. You just wanted to add the point to try to downplay its significance, because you don't have a point. You just have a troll.)

We keep coming back to the same dynamic. You simply have no clue what you're talking about and you try this persecution complex bullshit because you believe it makes up for your inability to defend your position. A shame, really.

Isnt the PS4 version of this supposed to have some exclusive content? Like missions or something?

That is the version I am getting.

Amir0x

Banned
Isnt the PS4 version of this supposed to have some exclusive content? Like missions or something?

I think they said it has 60 minutes of extra content right out of the box or something

Edit: Found it ->

There are four exclusive missions (including the one in this trailer), a new costume, and a hacking boost perk.

Link

GHG

I have no idea why people are complaining about this game, graphics are great, gameplay is fluid and seems fun. it also has a new idea of hacking and controlling the whole city.

I just don't understand some complains, do you want it to be GTA rip off? Do you want it to be linear? Do you want it to be what exactly?

Try the game upon release or even after a price drop then judge it. I notice this habit of shitting on all upcoming games for no basis at all, some people want to change the design, some people want games to imitate each other, others start complaining just to complain.

if you don't like the game don't buy it, I've seen nothing game breaking in Watch Dogs that deserve this backlash at all. I understand Ryse MP complains and yet some people complained about SP for no reason. DC suffered the same for no reason at all. Forza, KI, Knack and Killzone all got their fair share of complains for no reason.

I understand if you voice you opinion based on a fundamental flaw in the game, I also understand trying to correct some bugs here and there, I understand asking for the addition of some features - if possible- . what I hate is asking the designers to change their game design and vision just to suit your personal needs, I hate also compalining about why not doing this instead of that...bla...bla.

You need to realize that game development involve 2+ years of hard work, it's not just like ordering a pizza online, you need to respect those people who try their best for you to enjoy this game and yet, this thread and 100 other threads are shitting on those upcoming games for no apparent reason at all.

TRY THE GAME THEN JUDGE or HATE or WHATEVER.

OT: I can't wait to play this on my Playstation 4.

I've read a few pages in this thread I still don't understand what people are complaining about when comparing it to the first trailer from E3 many moons ago.

It looks like the same game to me? You can hack things, profile people, dynamic-ish chase scenes and it looks fantastic. All of that was in the first E3 demo so I can't see what has changed?

Some peeps are saying that it looks like a mix of tech from Assassin's Creed, Splinter Cell and other Ubisoft products but how did the first demo not show that? I just don't understand what people expect from games these days and how opinions can change so drastically on a product that has been pretty much the same every time it has been shown.

I can understand some people feeling a little less hyped due to see the competition out there and such but to be from *ZOMG DAY ONE* *IN TO MY VIENSSSSS* to *BLAND 1/10* *$5 second hand deal plox*. I suppose all this is just hyperbole but it makes me disappointing to see such drastic opinions and no middle ground at all as it must be terribly hard for developers to decipher the comments to see what people actually don't like about the game.

I think Watchdogs still looks great and has enough variety in gameplay to differentiated itself from a other open world games. I have a very similar opinion than I did when it was first shown off the only difference for me is manage my budget so this might not be a day one title for me and the competition about. We have GTA in a few weeks abut I'm sure I'll be semi burnt out on that mid November time but then November is new console time which brings with it a game from most genres making it hard decide what to go for :D

Agree with the 2 posts above.

Game looks fun. Its different and the graphics are great. I'll be there on the PS4 or PC version depending on what the digital foundry report says.

Oh and pretty much every open world game out there has LOD pop-in issues. If you think this is bad wait until you see GTA V on ancient hardware...

SJRB

Gold Member

That's correct. "60 minutes of additional content", but I wouldn't expect too much of that to be honest.

Amir0x

Banned
Wait I just thought about it... what exactly does a 'hacking boost' do? From the video you just press X to win at hacking, what benefit does such a boost have?

Blah blah blah. You're still avoiding the question: What EXACTLY makes Infamous so much better looking than Watch Dogs?

I'll give you an example to see if you can understand this way. Does Infamous SS support non-screen-space volumetric lighting/shadowing? Watch Dogs does.

And about it being cross-gen. Cross gen is about designing and developing a game for current gen and then porting it up to next-gen consoles, NOT the other way around. Watch Dogs is a game designed for next-gen, not current gen. Or is Assassin's Creed a cross gen game because it has a 3DS version? LOL, please think about what's being said first before replying to me, ok? Thanks.

Derrick01

Banned
That's correct. "60 minutes of additional content", but I wouldn't expect too much of that to be honest.

Definitely don't.

I still remember the somewhat highly touted AC3 exclusive content for ps3 that was even used by fanboys as a reason to get that version. First of all it was more like 35 minutes of content and it was only 4 missions, and it offered nothing special or new from the main game.

One of the missions was using AC's awful stealth to follow a target through bushes for over 10 of those 35 minutes. Another was a chase I think and I know for sure that the last mission was just fighting a few dozen guys at once in a fort, just like the other forts in the game.

Then again exclusive content is always a waste of time. No publisher is going to lock actual meaningful content to 1 platform.

SJRB

Gold Member
Wait I just thought about it... what exactly does a 'hacking boost' do? From the video you just press X to win at hacking, what benefit does such a boost have?

It's an ATM hack boost. My guess is you'll get more money when hacking an ATM.

Amir0x

Banned
Blah blah blah. You're still avoiding the question: What EXACTLY makes Infamous so much better looking than Watch Dogs?

I'll give you an example to see if you can understand this way. Does Infamous SS support non-screen-space volumetric lighting/shadowing? Watch Dogs does.

And about it being cross-gen. Cross gen is about designing and developing a game for current gen and then porting it up to next-gen consoles, NOT the other way around. Watch Dogs is a game designed for next-gen, not current gen. Or is Assassin's Creed a cross gen game because it has a 3DS version? LOL, please think about what's being said first before replying to me, ok? Thanks.

I don't know why I keep bothering to do this dance with you as you clearly have no intention of not trolling ever, but one final point on top of your absurd dance:

First of all, I'm pretty sure any 3DS version of AC doesn't even exist anymore. Lost Legacy was cancelled long ago. Second, such handheld versions are usually not even the same game. They are usually designed by entirely different teams, have different approaches to gameplay and usually don't even look particularly similar whatsoever. At best, they share some story elements.

In other words, like AC: Liberation, AC 3DS is a side-game to the real series on consoles, not a cross-gen game.

This should be the final nail in the coffin for everyone here to see your posts for what they are. That you thought this was a salient point proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are not serious.

ttech10

Have driver-less vehicles been pointed out yet? I spotted two more prior to that one, so I can say it's not an isolated case.
vlcsnap-2013-09-07-15h12m17s87_zpsc3e845c9.png

This game used to look amazing, now it looks like one that could have been released five years ago.

To be honest the gameplay looks quite boring.

Those boxes that unlock your hacking abilities in certain areas remind me of Far Cry 3 with the Radio Towers and AC with their towers too. Is this like an integrated part of all their games.

I'm getting tired of it too be honest.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Have driver-less vehicles been pointed out yet? I spotted two more prior to that one, so I can say it's not an isolated case.

This game used to look amazing, now it looks like one that could have been released five years ago.
We're comparing random YouTube grabs to carefully crafted, heavily downsampled bullshots.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Don't reply to me if all you're going to do is keep avoiding the question.

Since we're talking about specific graphic techniques, I want to know what else, aside non-screen-space volumetric lighting/shadowing, does Watch Dog use.

I want you to state this, just so in case Sucker Punch does an extensive behind the scenes, and we can compare.

Screen cap taken from an Youtube video is not an honest representation of anything.

Since we're talking about specific graphic techniques, I want to know what else, aside non-screen-space volumetric lighting/shadowing, does Watch Dog use.

I want you to state this, just so in case Sucker Punch does an extensive behind the scenes, and we can compare.
Shouldn't we wait for an extensive behind the scenes from Ubisoft as well?

RhyDin

Glad I'm getting this for PC and tempted to pull my PS4 pre-order now, as this was the only launch game I was interested in.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Shouldn't we wait for an extensive behind the scenes from Ubisoft as well?

Then, why do you demand Amirox to give you detailed graphical techniques that the developers used for Second Son, when we don't even have referential material for comparisons?

Glad I'm getting this for PC and tempted to pull my PS4 pre-order now, as this was the only launch game I was interested in.

This is PC footage with a PS4 controller (confirmed over Twitter).

Then, why do you demand Amirox to give you detailed graphical techniques that the developers used for Second Son, when we don't even have referential material for comparisons?
Because they're making comparisons of the kind "this is better than that". As you point out, if we don't have the details, how are they making this comparisons? Or maybe they do and that's why I'm asking ;)

Top Bottom