• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akito

The Bestest Method of Vampire Breeding 1-3
ibjT9Xftk9UOPk.jpg

Vampires now coexist with humans by forming contracts with human beings. Vampires who form these contracts become their pets, serving their every need. They are given pet collars, distinguishing them from wild vampires, which are still very dangerous.

Daichi really wants a pet vampire, but his older sister won't hear anything of it. One night, a wild vampire princess named Iko breaks into his house! Iko discovered that Daichi's older sister has the extremely rare blood of Chernobog, which she believes would make her powerful enough to destroy the anti-vampire organization called Abraham once and for all.

However, the blood doesn't work exactly as Iko expects, and this vampire soon finds herself forced to become the pet of Daichi and his older sister...

This is mildly amusing and I'm not only talking about the title. It's a deconstruction of the vampire genre and the characters can be quite unpredictable at times.

LeleSocho

Banned
Oh sorry, I guess my example was too round about for you to get.

Having a gravity of presence rather than mass suddenly means you can control whatever percentage of atoms in something due to some convoluted formula.

How is that different from the steel example? They're absurd on the same level.
The only difference is that some people get mad when authors actually try to give an explanation of these powers but they are ok when they don't even if it's the same exact thing.
Imagine if Toriyama tried to scientifically explain the Hyperbolic time chamber or the cyborgs, it certainly wouldn't have been more crazy than it already was.

How is that different from the steel example? They're absurd on the same level.
The only difference is that some people get mad when authors actually try to give an explanation of these powers but they are ok when they don't even if it's the same exact thing.
Imagine if Toriyama tried to scientifically explain the Hyperbolic time chamber or the cyborgs, it certainly wouldn't have been more crazy than it already was.

I really hope you don't really believe that Toriko can create steel from the motion of his arms and legs.

Kusagari

Uq Holder 1-3

I wasn't paying any attention to this so I wasn't aware it really is a direct sequel to Negima. Pretty interesting and you can see Akamatsu is having fun with it.

But seriously, Eva needs to be in loli form all the time. What's with this mature and busty form?

Itsuwaribito Utsuho 1-15

This is pretty cool. It's like a shounen action version of Liar Game in the Edo period (or warring states period?).

Though it might be bad that all I can think about during all those "I actually lied about lying" scenes is the hot/cold scene from Tales of Symphonia.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Itsuwaribito Utsuho 1-15

This is pretty cool. It's like a shounen action version of Liar Game in the Edo period (or warring states period?).

Though it might be bad that all I can think about during all those "I actually lied about lying" scenes is the hot/cold scene from Tales of Symphonia.

I like it

Up to where the last episode reaches up to. :p

Next volume comes out in February of next year or so Amazon/RightStuf says.

Well that's... Sad lol from what I can tell this anime is flying through with its pacing 4 episodes has covered almost 10 chapters worth of content in a monthly series hot damn.

Not until I get Eyeshield 21-2

I would love the living shit out of this if it was anything like the first 23 volumes or so. Series got way uneven in quality after the Ojo rematch, imo.

Looks like apforums got hacked by anti-Israel propaganda: http://apforums.net/forum.php

This is hysterical.

For those unfamiliar with the site, it's mainly just a large One Piece forum that loves taking huge-ass dumps on Bleach/Naruto (granted, the threads are comedy goldmines, but they can get a little unfair).

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Bokura no Hentai
MSPkzpJl.png

A Wandering Son-esque story about three boys who crossdress for various reasons. One follows the Nitorin course (he identifies as a girl), one does it because of family drama, and the one above does it because he has a crush on his sempai and compromises himself in order to be with him.

I'm not quite sure what I think about the series, because it does have a flair for the melodramatic... but then again, after a hundred chapters of nothing happening in Wandering Son, maybe that's what I need. Still, may be worth looking at if you want to see this particular type of angst play out again.

Erigu

So i have a question for you, before christmas Yotsuba&! chapters were monthly... is it still monthly and the translators/scanlators are lazy or is Azuma the lazy fuck?
There haven't been new episodes these past few months (in Japan, I mean). Doesn't necessarily mean it's a matter of laziness though.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Toriko.

Ichiryuu is not genre-savvy enough on Shounen tropes to survive this battle.

He's old, strike one.
He shows off his real power first, strike two.

He got DEAD written all over his body right now :\

Toriko 248

You know, at some point there's gotta be a ceiling to just how much the scale can be upped.

Unless of course we take this shit into space, but Gourmet World comes first. Can't go all Gurren Lagann on solid ground.

Bokura no Hentai
MSPkzpJl.png

A Wandering Son-esque story about three boys who crossdress for various reasons. One follows the Nitorin course (he identifies as a girl), one does it because of family drama, and the one above does it because he has a crush on his sempai and compromises himself in order to be with him.

I'm not quite sure what I think about the series, because it does have a flair for the melodramatic... but then again, after a hundred chapters of nothing happening in Wandering Son, maybe that's what I need. Still, may be worth looking at if you want to see this particular type of angst play out again.

Probably the only 'gay' related manga I will ever read because of its awesome art and intriguing storyline.

Beelzebub - 219

Well... I wasn't expecting that to happen. Not sure if I should be hyped for next week since it didn't give off a hype worthy outro to this chapter.

wonzo

Banned
Kimi wa Midara na Boku no Joou SP2
This chapter physically hurt to read, holy shit.

Sekai Seifuku Sekirara Jogakukan 21
Truly the deadliest weapon in the noble sport of Erotic Football.

food smut 38

dat wrap
I usually read the manga you posts here but for this particular one the artwork looks so rough :\
The best art's in the erotic scenes and I can't post that for a very good reason.

Solune

Uq Holder 1-3

I wasn't paying any attention to this so I wasn't aware it really is a direct sequel to Negima. Pretty interesting and you can see Akamatsu is having fun with it.

But seriously, Eva needs to be in loli form all the time. What's with this mature and busty form?

I'm rather fond of older Eva, but going from the opening she'll no doubt return to Nowi form.

duckroll

Magi

Well, that was almost a pretty good chapter of Magi. It has components of stuff I liked before it turned into a beamspam shounen action trash manga. Too bad before it actually got good with the character stuff, more retards showed up at the end. Next week will probably be beam spam again with 10 pages of people shouting attacks. Zzzzzzzzz.

Toriko

Yeah, Midora is as disgusting as Orochimaru with the tongue thing, but Orochimaru is the better character. And it seems that Ichiryuu is on a whole other level. Let´s see what bullshit it will be used for Ichiryuu to lose/die.

Magi

Well, that was almost a pretty good chapter of Magi. It has components of stuff I liked before it turned into a beamspam shounen action trash manga. Too bad before it actually got good with the character stuff, more retards showed up at the end. Next week will probably be beam spam again with 10 pages of people shouting attacks. Zzzzzzzzz.

You are so tsundere for shonen action manga :D

Akito

The best part was the foot licking part, no doubt.
That creepy smile.
Which foot licking part, there were two
:lol

In other news

WSJ #42 Bottom 6:
Bleach
Hime Dol!
Ginga Patrol Jaco
Nisekoi
Kochikame
Soul Cathcer(S) (End)

izJxe8J5ZQ0LI.gif