• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kimi No Iru Machi 244

LOL! I liked this chapter a lot. I want the author to bring the manga to an end already but every now and then there are some really enjoyable chapters. Hopefully no more new characters. There aren't really any sort of conflicts left except for the job hunt but this arc is very stale.

p1gXayx.png

UQ Holder! 2

He says that now. But that's obviously going to change later on.

Seeing mini Eva again and a Shinobu was nostalgic.

hhtzdRX.png

UQ Holder! 3

#Girl trying to pretend she's a guy

I'm liking Eva still has her brutality and I hope the death actually sticks so she becomes another vampire as well.

dumbyugi

So i have a question for you, before christmas Yotsuba&! chapters were monthly... is it still monthly and the translators/scanlators are lazy or is Azuma the lazy fuck?

I think it's in a monthly magazine but I could only find raws up to ch83, which has already been scanned. So either Azuma is just doing chapters whenever he wants to or the raws aren't publicly available, which would stop the group from scanning it unless they have their own private raws.

Akito

I think it's in a monthly magazine but I could only find raws up to ch83, which has already been scanned. So either Azuma is just doing chapters whenever he wants to or the raws aren't publicly available, which would stop the group from scanning it unless they have their own private raws.
I think the series is on an irregular schedule because there would have been over 120 chapters already if they were to come out monthly.

dumbyugi

I think the series is on an irregular schedule because there would have been over 120 chapters already if they were to come out monthly.

That makes sense. Azuma creates the best selling manga in the magazine so they probably let him release chapters whenever he wants, kind of like Hunter x Hunter.

upandaway

Well technically they're at 86 in terms of chapters released, it's just that they're released as parts of previous chapters sometimes. But yeah 83 seems to be the latest one.

Wiseblade

Yotsuba is the kind of manga where you can easily get away with that though. Chapters are largely episodic, so there isn't a central plot that needs to constantly move forward. You totally have the freedom to be selective about the stories you tell.

dumbyugi

Toriko 248

I don't understand.

Mangaka-san to Assistant-san to 2 2

Why even end the first part if part 2 is just going to be more of the same? The chapter was funny and I like Jun but I hope Aito is in it a little less as the series goes on.

UQ Holder! 3

This dude was on the colour spread from chapter one so I doubt he's going to die. Unless he dies and becomes a vampire I guess.

Gintamen

Toriko - 248

Oh I small a parallel to Bleach, don't fucking show your power up first old man, that's your downfall, you know that. But damn does it sound awesome.

Wiseblade

Toriko 248

HOW THIS IS NOT A BIG 3 ???? WHY PEOPLE ARE SO BLIND?
Because the big three is a myth. In Japan(and France?) One Piece performs astronomically better than literally everything else and Bleach is borderline irrelevant. Elsewhere, Bleach reigns supreme and One Piece is truly irrelevant.

So have people come around to my view that Toriko really needs to stop upping the power levels in this arc?

The author is probably throwing out whatever kinds of new and exciting powers he can and seeing what sticks, always one upping himself in the process to increase the wow factor. It reeks of desperation.

Kurita

Because the big three is a myth. In Japan(and France?) One Piece performs astronomically better than literally everything else and Bleach is borderline irrelevant. Elsewhere, Bleach reigns supreme and One Piece is truly irrelevant.
It's a tie between One Piece and Naruto in France.
Bleach is behind Fairy Tail.

LeleSocho

Banned
Oh yeah here in Italy too Bleach is non existent and it's a tie between OP and Naruto but yeah i was talking about how is not knowingly rewarded as one of the important ones in WSJ globally.

The author is probably throwing out whatever kinds of new and exciting powers he can and seeing what sticks, always one upping himself in the process to increase the wow factor. It reeks of desperation.

Wat? reeks of desperation? Toriko is always been like this since chapter one. Always.
Also how can the stronger of the world not have an uber broken power? We know that this is not going to upgrade from that since from the previous chapters we already know that he is dead.

Wat? reeks of desperation? Toriko is always been like this since chapter one. Always.
Also how can the stronger of the world not have an uber broken power? Also we know that this is not going to upgrade from that since from the previous chapters we already know that he is dead.

Chapter One?

Chapter One was about what random and silly animals, plants and food they were coming up with an the cool and mysterious world they were exploring.

The only powers we had then was punching and more punching.

At least when the fighting started ramping up, it was mostly food related. Hell, even the power upgrades were mostly progressive. I can punch once, now multiple times. Not fucking up with the laws of math or whatever.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Oh yeah here in Italy too Bleach is non existent and it's a tie between OP and Naruto but yeah i was talking about how is not knowingly rewarded as one of the important ones in WSJ globally.

Also how can the stronger of the world not have an uber broken power? We know that this is not going to upgrade from that since from the previous chapters we already know that he is dead.

It feels like he's blowing the load of a dozen arcs all into one though. Not that it isn't somewhat entertaining but dude, slow down a little.

It would be interesting to see what the state of the world would be after this arc. This screams more of a series reset more than anything else.

I want this series to be more about hunting and eating weird ass food again. :(

LeleSocho

Banned
Chapter One?

Chapter One was about what random and silly animals, plants and food they were coming up with an the cool and mysterious world they were exploring.

The only powers we had then was punching and more punching.

At least when the fighting started ramping up, it was mostly food related. Hell, even the power upgrades were mostly progressive. I can punch once, now multiple times. Not fucking up with the laws of math or whatever.

Creating steel from a movement of the muscles without magic or any kind of supernatural power -> Not fucking up with the laws of math.

yeah...

It feels like he's blowing the load of a dozen arcs all into one though. Not that it isn't somewhat entertaining but dude, slow down a little.

It would be interesting to see what the state of the world would be after this arc. This screams more of a series reset more than anything else.

You felt the same way with Impel Down and MarineFord? because they are essentially the same thing

wonzo

Banned
Toriko sounds like a convoluted mess filled with everything wrong with the shounen battle genre.

wsj cant die soon enough

Kusagari

This feels to me like the series Marineford War Arc. We're getting an indication of just how insanely crazy the top tiers in Toriko are and how far away the Heavenly Kings still are from reaching them.

I'm expecting the series to go back to its old formula after they finally go into Gourmet World.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Creating steel from a movement of the muscles without magic or any kind of supernatural power -> Not fucking up with the laws of math.

yeah...

You felt the same way with Impel Down and Enies Lobby? because they are essentially the same thing

I haven't read one piece, but man hearing that it has 2 arcs like that kinda makes me not want to.

LeleSocho

Banned
This feels to me like the series Marineford War Arc. We're getting an indication of just how insanely crazy the top tiers in Toriko are and how far away the Heavenly Kings still are from reaching them.

I'm expecting the series to go back to its old formula after they finally go into Gourmet World.

<3

You felt the same way with Impel Down and MarineFord? because they are essentially the same thing

I haven't read one piece, but man hearing that it has 2 arcs like that kinda makes me not want to.

it's one arc splatted on two different places.

yeah...

Oh sorry, I guess my example was too round about for you to get.

Having a gravity of presence rather than mass suddenly means you can control whatever percentage of atoms in something due to some convoluted formula.

I expect a time skip after this battle...much like marineford actually

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom