• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know I don't want to jump into Attack On Titan yet, because the series just started and I want to fully digest it, not in chunks.

Should I jump in and say fuck it or wait?

I mean 49 monthly chapters is still a nice chunk to marathon and the most recent chapter was pretty awesome. Also it's going to get harder and harder to avoid spoilers with the anime ongoing to read now

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Shokugeki no soma

Man, the foodgasms have more and more stopped resembling literal orgasms. Not that I want to see the scary manager naked anyway.

Soma

Meltdown and Foodgasm as predicted.

The meltdown didn't last long or was as crazy though but it was still nice seeing her fuck up by underestimating him and not following mystery dude's advice.

Also nice to see a somewhat lewd Foodgasm again

Shokugeki no Soma 38

*insert obligatory statement on how cool soma looks when he does his pose with the towel* As always the best moment. Glad this mini arc is winding down as perhaps there is dark stuff on the horizon maybe.

I kind of wish it was in print or something, difficult to see all the details of the dish...When will American cuisine be featured.

Shinjuku no Lucky Hole 2

Best yakuza involving stories are ones that keep it in the background, though they always do such bad things to people who dont want to be successors. Oh well at least Ryu got to meet up with Sakuma-san for some good times. Bitterness was fun too, he needs his own chapter.

upandaway

Shokugeki no Soma

That looks like it would be way too expensive to be the cheap product that it is. Coconut milk and herb blends, seriously. Did they even specify how much they sell it for?

Can't wait to see what happens with that dude on the phone, it's probably the elite 10 guy.

Akito

I thought we were friends
I don't have friends who ship for jerks.

No seriously, Taichi is a great character and a cool dude but I could never forget my first impression of him, which was not very positive to say the least.
Also Arata's accent is just too lovely, an aspect where the anime is clearly superior to the manga.

Koi Nante Shinai! 5

Prelude to festival chapters are good for the sake of seeing how the characters can handle pressure from other elements. Fortunately both are easily only focused on each other and deny the others trying to get in their way. Ryu getting flustered and not knowing why as he wants Maekawa try to interfere led to funny moments and good reflection on himself. Glad it resolved in just the chapter, and the final blush scene.

Shokugeki no Soma

That looks like it would be way too expensive to be the cheap product that it is. Coconut milk and herb blends, seriously. Did they even specify how much they sell it for?

Can't wait to see what happens with that dude on the phone, it's probably the elite 10 guy.

coconut milk is expensive? As far as I know those are relatively cheap.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma

I think they showed that last chapter, no? She was on the phone with someone who ended up going to the Elite 10 meeting?

upandaway

coconut milk is expensive? As far as I know those are relatively cheap.
Nah it's not really expensive, but my initial reaction was cheaper than that so I was just surprised. Something around 4 bucks for one of those, I guess

retcon: yeah that guy. he's probably the advisor they mentioned in this chapter

Soma

Nah it's not really expensive, but my initial reaction was cheaper than that so I was just surprised. Something around 4 bucks for one of those, I guess

retcon: yeah that guy. he's probably the advisor they mentioned in this chapter

more likely since his talk of reporting any issues to him came back in verbatim when a coworker was asking if she was gonna report this situation.

Plus he's at the end of the chapter pissed about the decline (same glasses).

I wonder what that means for Soma's chances of getting on the candidate list, assuming the dude finds out.

Chihayafuru

Damn it, I need another good shoujo/josei to read, something akin to this one. Anyone has any recommendation?

Kingdom 212

Holy shit.

R.I.P

Shokugeki No Soma

That was a delicious foodgasm, the actual meltdown wasn't as glorious as I'd hoped though.
Chapter got me really hungry :S

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The problem with the karaage is that it's really labor intensive. You need one person doing the seasoning, one doing the frying, one washing and cutting the lettuce and other veggies, and one to package everything and stamp it. And someone operating the cashier. This is all for what is only a single dish. Scalability would be a problem if they wanted to expand or meet a higher demand, and the karaage needs to be both cheap enough to be worth buying over Mozuya, but also turn enough to pay all the workers competitive wages (they're technically working for free right now). The only things that they can make ahead of time are the sauce and perhaps the vegetables. If they prefry the karaage then they lose the freshness, and I don't think frying batter keeps very well.

Haly

Karaage is just japanese chicken nuggets.

What they made is basically an McWrap with asian flavors.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Rage Town

Well that was a hell of a misunderstanding...

I never read KNIM, nor do I have any plans to. But I was watching JesuOtaku's Anime Derby and one of the series she covered was KNIM. The anime looks so bad, with incompetent direction and bad art. Even the anime staff knows how bad it is.

upandaway

Yeah it's just fried bite sized thingamings, sometimes half-fried twice instead of in one go (I dunno).
Learned this from Steins;Gate.

Haly

Oh right, they say they doubled fried it so that's another thing that'll just add to the cost.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I never read KNIM, nor do I have any plans to. But I was watching JesuOtaku's Anime Derby and one of the series she covered was KNIM. The anime looks so bad, with incompetent direction and bad art. Even the anime staff knows how bad it is.

You are better off. I don't even know how to explain what just happened.

Tripon

Kimi_no_Iru_Machi_243

I don't know why I keep on reading this series. It should have ended 100 chapters ago, and yet it keeps on going....

Glad I'm not the only person who's watching JO's Anime Derby, I really want her to put out a spring video, more interested in her opinions of those shows

Haly

I figure but how does this make any sense? If you fry it at half the time twice, then there's a part of it that is less fresh than the full fried variety.

The first frying is to cook it through and form an initial crust. Then it's dried on a paper towel where the crust can harden further from moisture evaporation. The second fry is at a higher temperature for, I think, a shorter time, which means the crust gets the bulk of that heat and becomes even crispier.

I don't think it's half the time. I think the overall time might be longer. The first fry is to cook, the second is to crisp, like throwing a broiled steak on a hot pan to finish off with a crust.

Popstar

The problem with the karaage is that it's really labor intensive. You need one person doing the seasoning, one doing the frying, one washing and cutting the lettuce and other veggies, and one to package everything and stamp it. And someone operating the cashier. This is all for what is only a single dish. Scalability would be a problem if they wanted to expand or meet a higher demand, and the karaage needs to be both cheap enough to be worth buying over Mozuya, but also turn enough to pay all the workers competitive wages (they're technically working for free right now). The only things that they can make ahead of time are the sauce and perhaps the vegetables. If they prefry the karaage then they lose the freshness, and I don't think frying batter keeps very well.
I think you're over estimating the amount of labour. There's a food truck I go to that does some stuff of similar complexity with only two people working it. There is a line and a bit of a wait when it's busy, but it's not too onerous.

I figure but how does this make any sense? If you fry it at half the time twice, then there's a part of it that is less fresh than the full fried variety.

Why Double Fry French Fries?

I believe places like McDonald's pre-fry and then freeze their fries. And do the second fry right before serving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom