• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhs004

I am kinda interested in this medium and I need some Manga recommendations. It has to be short and completed.

Manga which I've read- Death Note
Anime which I've watched-Full Metal Alchemist, Great Teacher Onizuka
Bakuman was made by the guys who made death note. It's about making manga but its pretty good.
Also hot house its pretty interesting.

All my favorites are long so that's all I can think of.

Tripon

I am kinda interested in this medium and I need some Manga recommendations. It has to be short and completed.

If I was evil, I would say Boku no Pico. =P

Real recommendation: Bakuman, Soul Eater, Gintama, Bleezebub, Hajime no Ippo, Kenichi Greatest Disciple, Shokugeki no Soma and GTO - Shonan 14 Days, direct sequel to GTO.

That's just the top of my head. I can recommend more stuff, but it'll be way out of what you listed as what you read, like Emma, and Otoyomegatari both by Mori Kaoru, or Genshiken by Kio Shimoku.

bigkrev

Aunt Tits 92

EminemHighHerbieBrent.gif

Really? I don't see this going well

Minamoto needs to follow the Aunt's plan. Now he lost his favorite girl.

Creepy face is back and I bet it is also someone who can turn into a
Titan

Aunt Tits 92

Plot twist: She says I love you back, they start a relationship, and the aunt forces him to cheat on her with her next few girls

This is probably what is going to happen.

FZZ

Banned
Aunt Tits 92

Plot twist: She says I love you back, they start a relationship, and the aunt forces him to cheat on her with her next few girls

I honestly think it's gonna be like they end up breaking up he goes back to Aoi, his cousin gets jelly, he finally fucks his cousin, he finally fucks Aoi for real. Both his cousin and Aoi fall for him, evil grade school bitch ends up being the vengeful spirit girl, his aunt knew all along and just tricked him so she was actually girl #3 and Hanada was girl #4. So he fucks evil grade school bitch and finally they move onto a new girl.

Plot twist: Someone gets pregnant.

Edit: Actually she will probably say I love you too, then he will dump her because he "cares" about her and doesn't want to make her only his because like the aunt said that's not a peaceful relationship.

wonzo

Banned
Rozen Maiden 23-43 END
And so ends the first part of this series. Watching Jun slowly come to terms with his past has been a real joy to watch unfold, it's just a shame this ended so abruptly but I guess that's why there's a Part Two. Oh well, onto the 2013 anime.

canaria >>>>>>>>> desu >>>>>>>> *

Saito-kun wa Esper Rashii 11

Ninja Technique: Submissive Dead Bug Pose

The esper vs esper fight was pretty funny and I wonder if this means that our main character has a new power or something. Electric girl would be fun to have in the club.

wonzo

Banned

Anamorphosis
Banana Bread Pudding
Getenrou
Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer
Me and the Devil Blues
Nijigahara Holograph
Onani Master Kurosawa
Ressentiment
Solanin

Skab

Boku wa Mari no Naka 1 - 18

From the man behind Aku No Hana. College loser guy gets stuck inside the body of the high school girl who he was kind of stalking, and now he has to deal with keeping her daily life intact while figuring out what the hell happened.

Including having her period.

UQ Holder 3

They ought to have focused their efforts elsewhere like on finishing Code:Breaker...its only ten chapters even.

Anyway on UQ Holder, swimming scene with Touta was the best part. Otherwise much better than chapter two and does make me want to continue even moreso than before, just join the main party and deliver more action and comedy moments.

Agreed it's a much better chapter than 2. Some interest is sparked with the new character that gets introduced and the ending has me looking forward to the next chapter. A good reason why the new character is of interest is the sword style she practices.

Aizo

Banned
Shonan Junai Gumi - Vol. 31 (End)
One of the first manga I ever read. I've finally finished it. I felt pretty sad near the ending. It just didn't do the series justice. It felt a bit rushed. I liked that it showed many characters reacting to Onibaku's departure, but I didn't like that they have no aims for what they'll do next. If they're just fooling around until GTO starts, I'd like to see what sort of adventures they had. I suppose Fujisawa can come back to do more if he ever feels like it.

Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin - Vol. 1-4
So good... Poor Garma...

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Chihayafuru 1

This was pretty cute. I like chihaya's attitude, and even though i know fuck all about karuta they depict it interestingly enough. Maybe I'll learn as I read.

edit: huh, seems like there's a chuck of chapters missing because scanlators don't want to conflict with season 2 of the anime. Guess I'll check the anime instead seeing that it's fairly well-received.

Akito

Chihayafuru 1

This was pretty cute. I like chihaya's attitude, and even though i know fuck all about karuta they depict it interestingly enough. Maybe I'll learn as I read.

edit: huh, seems like there's a chuck of chapters missing because scanlators don't want to conflict with season 2 of the anime. Guess I'll check the anime instead seeing that it's fairly well-received.
The anime is amazing, it makes karuta so much more exciting.

LeleSocho

Banned

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (divide them by parts and they are short and awesome)
Dragon Ball (assuming you have not already seen it)

Antiwhippy

I'm not really talking about the designs as much as the art. But it's just a silly little thing with me as I'm sure it will look perfectly fine animated. I've never really like the art style of a manga to anime adaptation except for zetsubou sensei. That shit was perfect. But yeah, it's a silly thing to expect the art of the manga to really transition to an animated style most of the time.

I mean, there's a difference between this.

and this.

Kurita

That's what "annoys" me when it comes to anime adaptations.
Everything ends up looking the same (hyperbole, I know, but you get what I mean).

Akito

Well, I'm not really talking about the designs as much as the art. But it's just a silly little thing with me as I'm sure it will look perfectly fine animated. I've never really like the art style of a manga to anime adaptation except for zetsubou sensei. That shit was perfect. But yeah, it's a silly thing to expect the art of the manga to really transition to an animated style.

I mean, there's a difference between this.

and this.

Yeah, you have to take some liberties when it comes to adapting shoujo and josei manga because of the often as not... unusual paneling. At least the sparkles will remain intact haha.

Antiwhippy

As long as there are still sparkles and flowers (not that much flowers in chihayafuru really) than I am all aboard.

Reduction of random flowers are the true tragedy of shoujo adaptations.

Konya mo Nemurenai v2 omakes

The write up from the meet the author event was so good, I wish I could meet her and have got her to sign the copy too. Anyway nice color pages of our favorites and all of the omake were hilarious, especially the last one. Next issue cant come fast enough for the next events, demon forms please be good.

Your Sparkles (oneshot)
tumblr_mst3cdr7PW1qbxqfpo1_250.jpg

Sparkling characters are the best and so many once the big moment comes. Memorable and likeable love at first sight story. Hope the writer does more.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I couldn't wait so I went ahead and looked at the raw for Shoukugeki No Soma:

Looks like we get another foodgasm, as I don't read Japanese what I can gather is he turned the karaage into a wrap and people are loving it. Looks like a huge victory for them and in the end it seems profits have dropped for their competition and the top 10 guy we saw last week is pissed off

I couldn't wait so I went ahead and looked at the raw for Shoukugeki No Soma:

Looks like we get another foodgasm, as I don't read Japanese what I can gather is he turned the karaage into a wrap and people are loving it. Looks like a huge victory for them and in the end it seems profits have dropped for their competition and the top 10 guy we saw last week is pissed off

you couldnt wait 30 minutes for the chapter?

You know I don't want to jump into Attack On Titan yet, because the series just started and I want to fully digest it, not in chunks.

Should I jump in and say fuck it or wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom