• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eleuin

TWGOK 242

Tenri so much better than Chihiro.

tumblr_macuyhfxur1revv8uo1_400.gif

Big One

Banned
Well, like I said, it's your prerogative if you want to take that kind of stance every time you meet with a Bleach fan like Beam or a Naruto fan like me.
I think it's the prerogative of any normal human being. To be fair, most people here are alright but there's some real ingrates in the anime fandom that has shaped my opinion on theme to an extreme bias. When you spend years going to conventions, I don't see how you couldn't feel the same way. I'm only using mentally challenged in the sarcastic, derogatory sense which is kind of a bad, prejudice thing but really, how else am I supposed to feel? The anime fandom is full of creeps, assholes, and disgusting people that makes me ashamed to even bring the hobby out in public as it gives me a bad image. It just happens that Bleach and Naruto fans bring a lot of these types of people in. Same with One Piece really, but it isn't as popular as those two in the states so it's a lot more died down and niche.

Honestly I'm just so sick of these Naruto fans that go to conventions where I want to have a good time and buy a bunch of shit that smell like poop cause they haven't bathed in months, with stupid Naruto headbands and terrible cosplay. "Hey man, what's your favorite anime?" "NARUTU, BLEACH, AND DRAGONBALL Z." Yeah ok buddy, fuck off.

It's nothing personal tbh, it's just how I feel with my experience in the fandom. That's why my interest in anime and manga has died down over the years. Really got tired of the garbage that came with it and I only stuck with a few series that my close friends keep up with, which is a very minimal amount.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I think it's the prerogative of any normal human being. To be fair, most people here are alright but there's some real ingrates in the anime fandom that has shaped my opinion on theme to an extreme bias. When you spend years going to conventions, I don't see how you couldn't feel the same way. I'm only using mentally challenged in the sarcastic, derogatory sense which is kind of a bad, prejudice thing but really, how else am I supposed to feel? The anime fandom is full of creeps, assholes, and disgusting people that makes me ashamed to even bring the hobby out in public as it gives me a bad image. It just happens that Bleach and Naruto fans bring a lot of these types of people in. Same with One Piece really, but it isn't as popular as those two in the states so it's a lot more died down and niche.

Honestly I'm just so sick of these Naruto fans that go to conventions where I want to have a good time and buy a bunch of shit that smell like poop cause they haven't bathed in months, with stupid Naruto headbands and terrible cosplay. "Hey man, what's your favorite anime?" "NARUTU, BLEACH, AND DRAGONBALL Z." Yeah ok buddy, fuck off.

It's nothing personal tbh, it's just how I feel with my experience in the fandom. That's why my interest in anime and manga has died down over the years. Really got tired of the garbage that came with it and I only stuck with a few series that my close friends keep up with, which is a very minimal amount.

Its okay to not like things, but don't be a dick about it. Randomly complaining that the source material sucks when you aren't even reading it nor were asked about it AND continually complaining that all of the fans of said material are gross and retarded is pretty much a prime example of being a dick about it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't see anyone else willing to jump out of buildings for the dude

I bet you pretty much all of them would if the opportunity presented itself. Tenri needs to stick to what she's good at: popping bubble wrap.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I bet you pretty much all of them would if the opportunity presented itself. Tenri needs to stick to what she's good at: popping bubble wrap.

Man, he had to move heaven and earth to get those girls. I don't see them putting in the same amount of effort. Their love is shallow.

Who's the tsundere? The tsundere always wins

Haqua. I doubt she wins though, Keima see through all tropes. Dude's genre-savvy as fuck.

Angry Grimace

Who's the tsundere? The tsundere always wins

Well, Tenri is a literal tsundere in that she's completely deredere at all times, but has a tsuntsun spirit living inside her. But the tsuntsun spirit is actually tsundere for Keima.

But there are others too. Haqua in particular. Mio and Kusunoki were pretty tsundere too, but they aren't important.

7CcIsvs.jpg

To Love Ru Darkness 35

Nemesis koma is best koma.

And fuck you Rito. Don't try and deny you wouldn't be happy about a double marriage with Lala and Haruna, when you just had a naughty dream about them + Run.

The kiss you gave to Lala however was splendid. 5 stars all around.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
The World God Only Knows

What is the world is happening. Routes can physically manifest themselves? They're in a time-shelter loophole? With the weird events and the dark mist, its like a runaway spirit is affecting it all, but Keima is a guy so its not like he is affected.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The World God Only Knows

What is the world is happening. Routes can physically manifest themselves? They're in a time-shelter loophole? With the weird events and the dark mist, its like a runaway spirit is affecting it all, but Keima is a guy so its not like he is affected.

I think it's the ball thing Keima is carrying around doing all that.

Big One

Banned
Its okay to not like things, but don't be a dick about it. Randomly complaining that the source material sucks when you aren't even reading it nor were asked about it AND continually complaining that all of the fans of said material are gross and retarded is pretty much a prime example of being a dick about it.
So what's your justification to when I am reading something, not calling anyone gross and retarded, and just stating my opinion on something only for you to heckle me on a weekly basis? In reality, you're the troll. There's nothing wrong with the perception that anime fans are gross and mean, cause in more cases than not they are.

The complaint about Naruto this week was only sarcastic. Grow a set of balls, and take things into context here. I dunno if Naruto this week sucked, it was just a joke. Get over it.

Kusagari

I'm glad I peeked into this thread to see the annual Big One/Grimace fight. They never get old.

Nisekoi 89

I haven't read this in over a month but are they seriously doing a Raku amnesia plot? Seriously, Nisekoi? I mean, seriously?

I mean there is a sign of plot at the end of this chapter but this is Nisekoi so lol.

Angry Grimace

So what's your justification to when I am reading something, not calling anyone gross and retarded, and just stating my opinion on something only for you to heckle me on a weekly basis? In reality, you're the troll. There's nothing wrong with the perception that anime fans are gross and mean, cause in more cases than not they are.

The complaint about Naruto this week was only sarcastic. Grow a set of balls, and take things into context here. I dunno if Naruto this week sucked, it was just a joke. Get over it.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HeelRealization

The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan Vol.04

KzRoOeu.jpg

This continues to be the most adorable thing I have read. I do like that this volume was to basically reexamine her crush on Kyon and that confession as well.

mhs004

#teamgrimace

Angry Grimace

Man, I made one legitimate reply to a dude trying to justify calling people "mentally challenged" for liking things he doesn't like and you guys are already freaking out. Most of that conversation was with the Banana!

I don't remember any if y'all being this excited about my Nisekoi review. Do you need to see the picture of my cat again?

fZ9Vv7d.jpg

Angry Grimace

The cat's pretty good.

This is an equal opportunity household.

W6efoel.jpg

(no we don't normally put clothes on them, but she had a foxtail get stuck in her skin that required stitches and the vet told us to put a shirt on her to prevent infection)

Man, I made one legitimate reply to a dude trying to justify calling people "mentally challenged" for liking things he doesn't like and you guys are already freaking out. Most of that conversation was with the Banana!

I don't remember any if y'all being this excited about my Nisekoi review. Do you need to see the picture of my cat again?

fZ9Vv7d.jpg

You're not the one we're annoyed at.

And oh! cats! I wish there's a corgi version of a cat though.

EDIT: THERE IS.

l-The-Corgi-Cat.jpg

so i'm reading Kingdom the manga right now.

thank god ppl depicted in this manga don't exist in real life,l ol. One person taking out a squad of 50 people in a sword and shield fight. wtf

dumbyugi

Kekkou Kamen 1-14

Published in Monthly Shonen Jump in 1974-1976 this series by Go Nagai is fucking stupid. It's set in Sparta Academy where you get sexually abused and tortured if you get less then 90 on tests or if you do anything the teachers hate. One person stands against this horrible system, Kekkou Mask. She wears nothing but a mask and boots, much to the joy of every single teacher who gets beat down by her. Kekkou Mask also has a theme song that she sings whenever she arrives. The headmaster, Satan's Toenail, wants to find out who Kekkou Mask is and kill her. The other main character is a girl who the teachers keep abusing as bait to lure out Kekkou Mask.

It's really fucking awful. They play off all the abuse as a joke but I just couldn't find any of it funny. Go Nagai is a shitty artist so I didn't find any of it particualy erotic either. The best thing about the series is the headmaster, and that's only because I can't not laugh at his stupid design. I'd post a picture but pretty much every page is NSFW.

LeleSocho

Banned
I'm tired of waiting for the translated Toriko so here i am...

Toriko 248
Ichiryuu explains how to fly?

Kenichi 537

I should be hyped but i am really not...
<3 Shigure though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom