• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Incognita (Alpha) is out now

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
$17 for access to the alpha + updates, the full game when it launches next year, and a spare copy of the full game (AFAICT, the spare key doesn't include early alpha access NM, it does!). There's also a bundle with the soundtrack for $20.

http://www.incognitagame.com/
Alpha trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwmDeIJ-LHw#t=18

Incognita Alpha Launch And Pre-Orders

Hello!

We're excited to announce that Incognita has entered Alpha! Alpha means that we have most of the core tactical espionage mechanics in the game, but we are still in the early stages of development and many major features are still being implemented and aren't in the Alpha build yet.

Alpha means the game is still in a very early state, and we do not have many of our major features implemented! What the game will look like in this state is a single (randomly generated) level, with a few agents and little to no progression. The current Alpha build has most of our core tactical and strategic systems, as well as our engine, UI, procedural generation and so on, but is missing some major progression systems and missing most of our content, which will be developed as we get further along in the process. We do have a timeline for some of these features, so we'll share that with you when we can.

Because the game is still in the early stages, we're expecting the game to change significantly as we test and iterate on major features. We're also expecting major bugs to pop up during the development, as much as we try to avoid them.

We have also opened up Incognita for pre-orders. Pre-ordering the game gives you access to the current alpha build, every public build through alpha and beta, and a copy of the final released game.

Please share your thoughts and feedback with us on the forums, and we'll keep you updated on the development of the game as it progresses.

Thanks!
James L.

We're still working on minimum specs, but here are some recommended specs for the current Alpha build.

Recommended Alpha Specs

------------------
System Information
------------------
Operating System: Windows® XP/Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8 (latest service packs) with DX 9.0c
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
Processor: Pentium® Dual-Core CPU 2.60GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2G RAM

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card Name: Intel HD Graphics 4000

Thanks for the heads up, I was looking forward to this one.

Hopefully, I will have time to check it out soon. Klei is on a roll!

Killthee

That looks just beautiful. The Alpha does sound pretty limited though.
Yeah I was leaning on skipping the alpha due to the content and price, but then I noticed they're also giving out a spare key of the game just like they did with Don't Starve. I'll just hold onto that key and just sell it once the game gets near launch.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Is this game supposed to have multiplayer? Because the mechanics and engine on display seem like a perfect fit for the asymmetrical guard-infiltrator multiplayer game I've had stewing in my head for a couple years now

Killthee

Nice, looks great.

edit: any idea if this will include a steam key later?

edit2: nevermind, it does.
It should also be available via the Steam store later today for anyone who doesn't want to go through the Humble store.

Killthee

Do you know if it will be the same price there?
It should be the same price. The only difference between the versions will probably be that the Humble version includes a DRM free copy of the game in addition to the Steam key while the Steam version might include some Steam perks like TF2 items.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Impressions, impressions, impressions, impressssssssionnnsssssss. Someone tell me its bad please so I dont need to spend 20$ on it :/

CzarTim

Impressions, impressions, impressions, impressssssssionnnsssssss. Someone tell me its bad please so I dont need to spend 20$ on it :/

You can wait for now at least:

Alright, I played a couple of rounds. Haven't gotten very far yet. This is pretty early alpha, if you guys want to hold of a bit until there's more content, it wouldn't be the worst idea.

What I have played seems really promising. Randomized levels + action points makes it feel more like old X-Com with a new Xcom interface.

But really not much to it right now. They dump you into a level with two agents, and that's it. Really looking forward to watching it get iterated on, though. Will play a bit more tomorrow to give it a better run.

epmode

Oh man, I saw this a few weeks back and it looked great.

Klei really is one of the most impressive new developers around. I love how they're not afraid to tackle wildly different art styles and genres.

According to Klei's twitter it will not be up on the Steam Store until it hits beta but the website gives you Steam keys.

I understand that Humble Store gives Steam keys when they come out. I'd buy this immediately except for the fact the only money I'm presently able to spend is tied to my Steam account.

Maybe I'll pick this up next week.

And bought. How could I pass up tactical stealth from the devs behind Mark of the Ninja?

I'll post impressions tomorrow, but for now, I'll say that the minimum specs are lower than those listed. My laptop has Intel HD 2000 and a 2.3 GHz processor and runs the game with zero performance issues

My Incognita impressions:
http://indiegameenthusiast.blogspot.com/2013/09/pc-spotlight-11-incognita.html
Described as turn-based tactical espionage, Incognita is a slick polished experience even at this early stage. Rather than protecting the world from an alien invasion or taking out terrorists, your objective is to steal secrets; fans of cyberpunk and sci fi noir will be right at home in this world of high-tech corporate espionage. Your team of agents must infiltrate each procedurally-generated level, gather information, and escape.

garath

Wow. Looks awesome. To alpha or not to alpha....

I haven't been a fan of many alpha releases of games. I may just wait.

epmode

All I can offer is that the game is rather light on graphics options right now and it's a pain to play on a very high resolution monitor because the UI doesn't scale at all. I don't think this was the case for any of Klei's other games so I expect them to tweak the UI before release.

That said, the game is pretty slick even with a ton of missing content.

FACE

Banned
God, I really want this. But the exchange rate would fuck me in the ass if I got this from their store so I guess I'll wait until it shows up on Steam.

r3n4ud

God, I really want this. But the exchange rate would fuck me in the ass if I got this from their store so I guess I'll wait until it shows up on Steam.
Grief is looking for someone to split the cost in the Steam thread.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
just bought the alpha, it's quite fun even though it's barebones and you can't even save your game. I won't play it often though until it's ready just to avoid burning out - the game can be pretty addicting.

also PROCEDURAL LEVEL GENERATION FUCK YEAH.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
the game automatically saves as I found out. You have only one save per mission so you can continue like in Dark Souls.

Top Bottom