• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ASUS to launch second generation ROG Ally in 2024

Awesome. I want to see an OLED screen and some big battery improvements.

Ideally it would be nice to see some OS improvements too but that's in Microsoft's court. Absolutely love seeing these small form factor gaming PCs grow

Minsc

Gold Member
This become chore for me. Its like phone, not console or handheld. User is expected to buy upgrades like pc. This is why i'm on console/handheld, i dont have to keep update each update to stay updated :/

You don't have a PC or laptop to do work on? Even if you buy a laptop like a Macbook Air/Pro, every year or so they release a newer version, it's no different.

Edit: It really just reads like a joke post, how can it become a chore on the 2nd iteration? This literally is the very first time a new Ally is going to be released (however there are two SKUs of the original - one with a worse CPU for less money). For something to be a chore it has to happen many, many times.

Also, you are not "expected" to buy every upgrade, the original Ally still works fine, like it always has, same as the original Steam Deck. Plenty of people are skipping the OLED version, this will be no different.

Last edited:
Top Bottom