• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GI Scores November Issue

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
New to this kind of thing but didn't see anyone else do it so...

The Orange Box..... 9.75/9.75
NBA Live..... 7.5/7.75
NBA 2K8..... 8.25/8.5
Conan.... 7/7.25
Blazing Angels 2...... 7.5/7.75
Crash Of The Titans..... 7.25
Spyro: The Eternal Night..... 6.25
Two Worlds..... 4/2
Spider-Man: FoF..... 4.5/5.5
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights..... 8.25/8.5
Dirt...... 8/8.5
NBA 08..... 7/6.25
Carnival Games..... 5.5
The Sim 2: Castaway..... 7.25
Victorious Boxers: Revolution..... 6.75
Zack and Wiki..... 8.25/7.75
Halo 3..... 9.75/9.75 GOTM
Mass Effect ..... 9.75/9.75
PGR4..... 8.75/9.25
Ace Combat 6..... 8.75/8.75
FlatOut Ultimate Carnage..... 7.5/8.5
Enemy Territories: Quake Wars..... 8.5/8.5
Medieval 2: Total War Kingdoms..... 9
Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts..... 8.25
Neverwinter Nights 2: MOTB..... 9/8.5 PC GOTM
Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow..... 8.75/9 HHGOTM
DK: Jungle Climber..... 5.75/6.75
Phoenix Wright: AA T&T ..... 8.25/8.25
Mega Man ZX Advent..... 8/7.5
Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron..... 7/7
Crazy Taxi: Fare Wars..... 5.75
Disagea: AoD..... 9
Front Mission 1st..... 7
Sonic Rush Adventure..... 7.25
Final Fantasy Tactics: TWOTL 9.5

COVER STORY

Brutal Legends, Double Fine's newest unpossibly awesome looking game staring Jack Black.

LOOSE TALK

Crisis Core:FFVII for PSP makes them think what
To be continued in FFVII
means. Sadly they are as much in the dark as we are.

All Pro Football to retire. Not so great sales say it's got a 50/50 chance of returning.

What's next for Bungie? Master Chief and Marathon's protagonists to be in one game together that takes place 250 years after Halo?

Pikim Coming to Wii? Renewal of patent for Wii Pikmin. Sure seems likely.

I thought there was supposed to be a Ratchet review in this issue?

The score for Orange Box is much, much too high, unless it's directly based on value.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Yeah, Halo 3, Mass Effect, and Orange box are already paid off :lol

So are FFT and syphon filter.

so poor

AltogetherAndrews said:

The score for Orange Box is much, much too high, unless it's directly based on value.

or maybe all the games are great?

consider that one? toss it in your noodle box, spin it around for a bit. might click.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Mrbob said:
Why didnt Mass Effect and Orange Box get co gotm awards?
No free 360s came with those games.

No seriously though, should have been a three way tie.
And Orange Box is the best value.

Man, i'm having to pay for a new bathroom this month AND get all these games for the 360

Guess i'm going to have the pound the credit card :D

Cheeto

AltogetherAndrews said:

Have you played it?

J-Rzez

jetjevons said:

WTF... Seriously... Unless they didn't want to give away 10's to Ratchet and Uncharted in the same issue as giving H3 9.75's thus raping it of it's GOTM status?

Hehehe...

Honestly, Ratchet hits the end of this month, wtf GI?

mrbob said:
Why didnt Mass Effect and Orange Box get co gotm awards?

You know the answer to this... It's because it's "THAT GAME" that's scored the same with them... In all seriousness, I really believe The Orange Box probably deserves that score and GOTM title more than H3... It's a lot of value for your money, not to mention it's really good stuff... Yeah the HL2 is mainly a rehash (I didn't get to play Ep2 yet though, and there's Portal and TF2 which is amazing fun), but so's Halo 3...

EDIT: And wtf? No CoD4 review either? God damn GI...

Tiktaalik

All three of those titles getting the same score is a funny "political" move. I guess they wanted to minimize the hate mail they would get if any of them scored higher than any of the others.

WhatRuOn said:
Have you played it?

Uh, yeah? I played HL2 almost three years ago, Ep1 some time ago and I'm currently playing Ep2 which so far doesn't seem terribly exciting. Portal is nice, as is TF2, but nothing in here seems to warrants a near "perfect" score, unless it's purely a value for the money score. In my opinion of course, and we all know we should respect those.

GhaleonEB

Halo 3..... 9.75/9.75 GOTM
The Orange Box..... 9.75/9.75
Mass Effect ..... 9.75/9.75

The last game I bought, and the next two, right there. Should be a great run.

Redd

8.25/7.75 wow, I wonder what's wrong with Zack and Wiki. Maybe I should just rent it now before I buy.

Redd said:
8.25/7.75 wow, I wonder what's wrong with Zack and Wiki. Maybe I should just rent it now before I buy.

It's game informer, and expect a few reviews like this. It will fair in the 8.0 range for most reviews, with the occasional site like IGN giving it a 9.0 or perhaps higher.

AltogetherAndrews said:
Uh, yeah? I played HL2 almost three years ago, Ep1 some time ago and I'm currently playing Ep2 which so far doesn't seem terribly exciting. Portal is nice, as is TF2, but nothing in here seems to warrants a near "perfect" score, unless it's purely a value for the money score. In my opinion of course, and we all know we should respect those.

"nice"?

tf2 and portal are fucking awesome. "nice" is a compliment you give a flash game.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
All these X360 9.75s... yeesh...

I'm glad I don't have to pay for X360 games anymore, yikes.
What an expensive holiday.

I already have Mass Effect paid off, and Orange Box is a likely TRU deal game for me.

This year = insanity for 360. Great score for Ace Combat as well, christ. :lol

AltogetherAndrews said:

Humperdinck.jpg

I would not say such things, if I were you...

zod.head.jpg

Why do you say these things, if you know I will kill you for it?

seat

AltogetherAndrews said:
Well, did GI review the 360 version in this issue? Maybe the fact that HL2 and Episode 1 are both brand new to console gamers might have something to do with Orange Box's high score.

v0yce

jetjevons said:
Victorious Boxers: Revolution..... 6.75
Zack and Wiki..... 8.25/7.75

These are a little on the dissapointing side.

I liked the two VBs on the PS2. And the Z&W score is certainly solid, but from a lot of the early impressions I guess I expected a little more. Any text available from the review?

I'm interested to see how other sources handle Z&W.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
seat said:
Well, did GI review the 360 version in this issue? Maybe the fact that HL2 and Episode 1 are both brand new to console gamers might have something to do with Orange Box's high score.

HL2 was released on Xbox. It's not new to consoles.

Top Bottom