• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 5S | OT |

Sailor

I'll be getting a brown one for my white 5 in a few hours, will post some photos then.

Thanks :) I'm most likely getting a white + silver 5S because ios7 is so white and wanted to see the black and brown cases. Really liking the blue as well but it's too light for my taste and gives off a feminine vibe imo.

n64coder

Did they remove the ability to check in store availability from the Apple site? Yesterday I was able to check it with a link that showed up under "Available for pickup" in the sidebar. Now it's gone. I'm also not able to check with the store app anymore.

I was wondering about this myself. I noticed the same behavior today. Sucks.

I don't mind covers, I use a rather thin hard rubber smoke grey and it's been great, then if i'm at home for a few days in a row I take the cover off and clean it up.

Oppo

This phone is... extremely nice.

I'm much more pleased with the finish than I anticipated. I thought "space gray" was a gray panel on the back. It's really just a continuation of the metal that forms the frame.

Burst mode is WTFOMG fast. I didn't even realize what was happening at first. Took 25 pictures in like 2 seconds flat.

Deku Tree

Mine must be on the same plane - did the same. Wondering how they're figuring it'll get here by tomorrow but that's UPS's problem, not mine. Excited though!

Incheon airport is MASSIVE. I know, I've been there. It is very possible that Apple has tons of phones traveling on different planes to all over the world from Incheon.

For my phone I'm convinced the plane is going to be flying direct to my city and UPS will just pick it up at the airport sometime in the early morning and put it directly on a truck that will try to deliver it to my house the same day.

Apath

Apple Store on Madison in Chicago had some silver iPhone 5S' available for in-store pickup yesterday, so. I cancelled my online order for delivery, placed a new one for pickup, and swung by.

Cyklops

Neo Member
But all the bands that are required in UK (1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 20) are all active in the US models, except for band 7. Wouldn't that mean that the US phone will work in the UK under the other LTE bands?

This is mainly because it is wayyyy cheaper for me to buy the phone in US rather than buying it in the UK. Like really cheaper.

Guys, any quick help about this would be really appreciated!

I got an email from AT&T that my 5s has just shipped to the store, but for some reason the site won't load any tracking info or delivery estimates. After shipping, what kind of wait times are you guys experiencing?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Thanks :) I'm most likely getting a white + silver 5S because ios7 is so white and wanted to see the black and brown cases. Really liking the blue as well but it's too light for my taste and gives off a feminine vibe imo.

The brown is a bit lighter than I would like, to be honest. I'd almost call it tan.

If I was picking a cover again then I would probably go with the black because it won't show little marks as easily.

Quick

Banned
Anybody on Rogers not getting LTE?

I set up my phone at the store, but reset and redid the setup again to restore my iCloud settings, and I'm just on 3G.

For the case curious. Decided to go with brown instead of black because I figured the black would just look like a generic plastic ebay case. I really like it. It feels very nice for sure. I would prefer to be case-less and I was for most of the last year but this phone is just so damn slippery and the hard edges aren't very comfortable
v0zLMrU.jpg

obJ4YlD.jpg

dPGgDvz.jpg

So what's the best way of going from the 5 to the 5s? I have too much data on the 5 for cloud backup.

1. plug 5 into macbook
2. backup using itunes
3. Activate new phone via itunes
4. plug new phone into itunes and do a restore

or is there a better way?

TUSR

Banned
So what's the best way of going from the 5 to the 5s? I have too much data on the 5 for cloud backup.

1. plug 5 into macbook
2. backup using itunes

that sounds about right

NYR

1. plug 5 into macbook
2. backup using itunes

Why not upgrade icloud? It's so handy.

Espresso

Banned
For the case curious. Decided to go with brown instead of black because I figured the black would just look like a generic plastic ebay case. I really like it. It feels very nice for sure. I would prefer to be case-less and I was for most of the last year but this phone is just so damn slippery and the hard edges aren't very comfortable
How's the case's fit? Is there any "give" in any areas or does it form a snug fit around the iPhone?

How's the case's fit? Is there any "give" in any areas or does it form a snug fit around the iPhone?

There's a VERY slight give/bowing on the right side. Most people probably wouldn't even notice it. Otherwise it's a perfect fit on all sides. I could probably return it but I'd feel like a chode.

I just took it off and bent it a little and it's already better. Could probably keep working on it.

Iacobellis

Anyone using a bumper? I used an off-brand (only way) black one on my black 5 for a couple months, and the trim got scratched a bit. Would that happen again on a Space Grey model, by chance?

ramyeon

Got my brown case in just before. Since pics have been posted now I won't bother with taking photos of it, but I'll say it does feel good. I expected more durable leather but it feels very similar to the smart cover texture, not necessarily a bad thing but I wonder how tough it is.

It is VERY snugly fit. To the point where I have no idea how to go about getting it off. I tried and saw it was not really working out so just put it back on. It's very tight. And of course it looks fucking stunning. I'm really glad I went with the brown, it goes so well with the white iPhone.

The lock button and volume buttons are slightly less responsive than my last case (Switcheasy Tones), but not too bad. I'm liking it, it's very sleek.

Magnus

My battery feels a bit weaker than it should be. 6 hours of the screen being on rocked it down to 25%, and that's with browsing/messaging only about half the time, and a 2D game played for 20 minutes.

I'm not in a position where I can charge often. Maybe an external battery pack is for me. What's the skinny on packs? Mophie Juice or whatever? Fuck they're pricey. :(

Regardless, damn do I ever love this fucking phone. So gorgeous. Fingerprint unlock is absolutely wonderful.

ramyeon

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to remove the iPhone from the Apple Leather case. I'm thinking its impossible...
I managed to pry it off by pushing in where the cutout for the camera is. I used a thick microfibre cloth to make sure I didn't scratch anything. I had to really force it though and I was a bit worried it would bend or break, managed to get it off after a minute or so and it was fine.

Now it's back on and it's not coming off for a good while lol.

Top Bottom