• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indie Bundle Thread - There's another one?

I had so much fun with King Arthur's Gold

If you like the gameplay videos then grab it, I only had to watch the trailer and knew I would like it. Played it tons :) and I'm definitely eager to go back now that it's in Beta and has so many more features. (i think i saw someone throwing a shark from the water, into our castle)

Joe Molotov

Yes, but you have to pay 9.99 for to get it Steam, technically...

... and the key from Indie Royale doesn't activate the game on Steam...

It's all very confusing to the point where I simply didn't given enough shits to figure it out.

tbh, it's not worth figuring out.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Yes, but you have to pay 9.99 for to get it Steam, technically...

... and the key from Indie Royale doesn't activate the game on Steam...

It's all very confusing to the point where I simply didn't given enough shits to figure it out.

I know this is not relaly a doubt we have, but I sent in an email anyway, with the Subject of "Arkaneiro"

Any chance of getting a Steam Redeemable Key for Akaneiro: Demon Hunters from the last Bundle?

The answer, which game with the subject of "Support Arkaneiro" (which I don't know if it's them telling me to buy the game on Steam or to denote that it's a Support email):

Hi, unfortunately not on this occassion.
Graeme

So there's that.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
IndieGameStand now has a permanent store as opposed to just 96 hour PWYW games. I can't seem to find any information about whether or not they'll provide Steam keys on an ongoing basis for any games sold.

I'm officially at the point where I can't keep track of the games I actually own.

- Humble Bundle will list all the games you own, but to get the Steam keys you need to look up which bundle a given game was in and click through
- Indie Royale does not list all the games you own, so you need to click through all of your bundle purchases to see what's there. It will auto-add the Desura games, which are most of them, to your Desura account... but that's not all of the games offered and you can't get from the Desura games back to your Steam keys. Also, the bundle names appear in images rather than text, so you can't CTRL+F to see if you bought a given bundle.
- Indie Gala relies on you remembering your key address rather than signing in, and you have to click through on a per-bundle basis
- Groupees at least lets you view every bundle you've purchased on the SAME page, but you have to separately click to see the contents of each bundle, but at least it's inline
- IGS has a proper purchases page! Yay!

inm8num2

IndieGameStand now has a permanent store as opposed to just 96 hour PWYW games. I can't seem to find any information about whether or not they'll provide Steam keys on an ongoing basis for any games sold.

I'm officially at the point where I can't keep track of the games I actually own.

- Humble Bundle will list all the games you own, but to get the Steam keys you need to look up which bundle a given game was in and click through
- Indie Royale does not list all the games you own, so you need to click through all of your bundle purchases to see what's there. It will auto-add the Desura games, which are most of them, to your Desura account... but that's not all of the games offered and you can't get from the Desura games back to your Steam keys. Also, the bundle names appear in images rather than text, so you can't CTRL+F to see if you bought a given bundle.
- Indie Gala relies on you remembering your key address rather than signing in, and you have to click through on a per-bundle basis
- Groupees at least lets you view every bundle you've purchased on the SAME page, but you have to separately click to see the contents of each bundle, but at least it's inline
- IGS has a proper purchases page! Yay!

I use a spreadsheet file. One sheet per bundle seller/site. List each bundle with relevant URL and all the games included. Columns for whether the game has DRM-free installers, Steam keys, Desura keys, soundtracks, etc.

At this point setting one up might be a hassle but in the long run it's worth it.

Another option might be isthereanydeal.com. I haven't used them but apparently you can mark bundles as owned so that might help.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

I can live with every issue you listed (and they're all real serious problems, imo), but this is the one that baffles me the most. It doesn't make sense. Just let me login, what the hell.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I can live with every issue you listed (and they're all real serious problems, imo), but this is the one that baffles me the most. It doesn't make sense. Just let me login, what the hell.

It wouldn't be so bad except I've made it worse by using two separate emails to buy from them

I use a spreadsheet file. One sheet per bundle seller/site. List each bundle with relevant URL and all the games included. Columns for whether the game has DRM-free installers, Steam keys, Desura keys, soundtracks, etc.

At this point setting one up might be a hassle but in the long run it's worth it.

Yeah. I actually use a cataloguing program to track my game purchases, I just haven't been diligent about adding low-end stuff that comes with indie bundles (like some of the DRM-free stuff attached to Indie Royales that I bought for some of the higher end stuff). Now that all those games are starting to get Greenlit, I end up being baffled by what I actually own

drizzle

Axel Hertz
It wouldn't be so bad except I've made it worse by using two separate emails to buy from them

You said Groupees shows all your bundles in one page and that's not true.

I have 3 pages of Bundles from Groupees. Pisses me off every single time I go there.

Edit: Humble Bundle has a "show details" where it lists all the links to your bundles and those details are the games of each game inside each bundle. That's pretty cool.

inm8num2

Yeah. I actually use a cataloguing program to track my game purchases, I just haven't been diligent about adding low-end stuff that comes with indie bundles (like some of the DRM-free stuff attached to Indie Royales that I bought for some of the higher end stuff). Now that all those games are starting to get Greenlit, I end up being baffled by what I actually own

I also like the Indie Game Bundle Wiki. They have a "keys added" page listing any games from bundles that got keys after the fact, or games that have been greenlit and should be getting keys soon.

http://indiegamebundle.wikia.com/wiki/Keys_Added

Still, I wish the bundle seller sent an email or other type of notification when a game you own got a new key.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
You said Groupees shows all your bundles in one page and that's not true.

I have 3 pages of Bundles from Groupees. Pisses me off every single time I go there.

You don't see something like this?
ffmo7m4l.png

and if you click on any bundle, it does an in-place expansion rather than loading a separate page:
VBGdlYzl.png

Edit: Humble Bundle has a "show details" where it lists all the links to your bundles and those details are the games of each game inside each bundle. That's pretty cool.

Ah yeah, that's useful for getting the game name, I didn't know about that--of course you can't get the keys from there.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
You don't see something like this?

and if you click on any bundle, it does an in-place expansion rather than loading a separate page:

Yes I do. For 10 bundles. Then there's a <<first <prev 1 2 3 next> last>> navbar.

It only shows 10 bundles per page, and I bought 23 from Groupees. It lists "gifts" as another "bundle", which is somewhat idiotic but understandable. If they didn't have a 10 bundle limit per page.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Yes I do. For 10 bundles. Then there's a <<first <prev 1 2 3 next> last>> navbar.

It only shows 10 bundles per page, and I bought 23 from Groupees. It lists "gifts" as another "bundle", which is somewhat idiotic but understandable. If they didn't have a 10 bundle limit per page.

Brutal, I had no idea :/

I bought the Groupees bundle mainly for Retro/Grade... Only that I just noticed that the game in the bundle was Retrovirus and not Retro/Grade after adding the key to my Steam account :lol.

Oh well. I hope it's good, at least...

Prelithe

How long does the Groupees bundle take to email you? Purchased without an account and it's taking a while to get here. In hindsight I probably should have created an account but oh well.

Tomodachi

New Humble Bundle Weekly Sale featuring Kalypso games.

- Tropico 3
- Skydrift
- Anna
- Sine Mora

Pay 6$ or more for:
- Jagged Alliance: Back in Action
- Tropico 4

One steam key for the first four games and one steam key for the latter two.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Cross-quoting (is that a thing?) from the Steam Thread:

Wonder when Dysfunctional Systems keys will be added to the Groupees doujin bundle. Checked the site and it had a "key when it's greenlit" icon, so yay.

They already are available. Though, you need to register the key on Desura and connect your game from Desura to a Dischan account where a key will be waiting for you.

If that didn't make sense to you, here's something that will.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Although you can download it, which I'm sure people have figured out by now.

I believe the game will be released as early access very soon, in order to iron out the last set of bugs I suppose.

Why are there bugs anyway? I thought the game was complete already. I mean, I finished the Indie Gala (Royale?) version a couple months ago...

I was assuming this was just that verison, but on Steam. If they're adding more stuff, that's a good thing!

Why are there bugs anyway? I thought the game was complete already. I mean, I finished the Indie Gala (Royale?) version a couple months ago...

I was assuming this was just that verison, but on Steam. If they're adding more stuff, that's a good thing!
I am not sure. But the bugs seems to be isolated to 64bit OS. Don't think he added anything else other than Steam achievements at the moment, with Steam workshop support planned down the line.

maty

Although you can download it, which I'm sure people have figured out by now.

I believe the game will be released as early access very soon, in order to iron out the last set of bugs I suppose.

You are correct.

From the Greenlight page:

Steam Launch Soon!
25 SEPTEMBER - MAGICALTIMEBEAN
Progress update: I have the game running in the Steam client. There are a couple bugs to iron out with 64-bit operating systems, but aside from that things seem smooth. Achievements have been added (16 total so far), cloud save is about 50% operational. I'm currently rolling out beta keys to buyers from the Humble Store, and will get to buyers from Desura next. It's possible the game will open up for Early Access really soon, and when things are bug-free, have its long-awaited proper launch.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/updates/92951461/1380123715

Persona7

Banned
New Humble Bundle Weekly Sale featuring Kalypso games.

- Tropico 3
- Skydrift
- Anna
- Sine Mora

Pay 6$ or more for:
- Jagged Alliance: Back in Action
- Tropico 4

One steam key for the first four games and one steam key for the latter two.

Are all of these steam only again? No DRM free downloads?

Goody

This was posted by Stump over in the Greenlight thread, but thought I'd spread the good word here too: Frogatto & Friends, from the current BAB, is now up on Greenlight and the developer had this to say...
Also worth mentioning that we have no problem at all with providing Steam keys for those that have purchased the game elsewhere when we get there, in the future.
So, yeah, throw that one in your bundle and go vote for it, or something.

Quixzlizx

It's too bad I missed the Groupees doujin bundle, but at least I owned all of the shmups on Steam and War of the Human Tanks already. Were any of the other games noteworthy?

Top Bottom