• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X and Y Leaks, Releases Early

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiamant

Come on Skrelp, you're the only freaking posion pokémon we've seen so far, you have to evole into something beyond my imagination.

Pretty pleaaaaaaaaaaaaseeee?

Come on Skrelp, you're the only freaking posion pokémon we've seen so far, you have to evole into something beyond my imagination.

Pretty pleaaaaaaaaaaaaseeee?

You can expect this in Skrelp's color scheme.

MJl1bQd.jpg

It would be really cool if they took the "dragon" part further and made it resemble classical chinese dragons.

UberTag

Can someone link me the differences between X and Y? Is it just the pokemon?
For the moment.

We know X is getting Mega Charizard X, Mega Mewtwo X, Clawitzer, Slurpuff and Xerneas.
We know Y is getting Mega Charizard Y, Mega Mewtwo Y, Skrelp & its evo, Aromatisse and Yveltal.

It stands to reason that some returning Gen 1-5 pokemon will be exclusive to one version of the game as well.

Kirlia

Banned
Is it odd that the thing I feel most disappointed in is the story apparently (according to reviewers) not being that great? I really liked B/W's story, so it's a little disappointing to hear that, even though story isn't typically what people look for in Pokemon games.

-GJ-

Is it odd that the thing I feel most disappointed in is the story apparently (according to reviewers) not being that great? I really liked B/W's story, so it's a little disappointing to hear that, even though story isn't typically what people look for in Pokemon games.

The story gets way better in the second half of the game, but the first half is just
"Hey *insert name here*. Why don't you find out what the secret is behind Mega Evolution? K thx bai!"

Unfortunately I can't talk about what happens in the second half, but let's just say the overall story of the game isn't nearly as good as the story in Black and White.

Espada

Team Flair/Flare didn't look nor sound like they had the most interesting premise or goals. To hear that they're a crappy team isn't all that surprising to me.

Anyway, I think I'm going with X. GF has steadily chipped away at Y, for whatever reason.

UberTag

For the moment.

We know X is getting Mega Charizard X, Mega Mewtwo X, Clawitzer, Slurpuff and Xerneas.
We know Y is getting Mega Charizard Y, Mega Mewtwo Y, Skrelp & its evo, Aromatisse and Yveltal.

It stands to reason that some returning Gen 1-5 pokemon will be exclusive to one version of the game as well.
A whole bunch of rumored past-gen version exclusives is showing up in the OT and not in the leak thread oddly enough.

Here's the post.

The rumour I saw said Bagon for Y, Gible for X (Both found in a similar spot). It makes more sense than Bagon/Axew since Bagon and Gible are more comparable.

Growlithe and Heracross for X and Vulpix and Pinsir for Y.

Take it with a grain of salt. There will be differences like this but trading is easier than ever apparently.

Honestly not seeing a lot of new Pokemon I'd use. Guess that's what I liked about Gen V. On top of forcing new Pokemon on ya, there were also a lot of interesting variants to choose from.

Dawg

That guy was wrong about one thing though, but I can't blame him. It's something a lot of people don't seem to know.

You see, you get the exp item real early in the game so everyone thinks the 100% xp you get from switching is from the item.

For example: you're battling against an enemy pikachu and your current pokemon is squirtle. You then switch squirtle to a different pokemon and that pokemon to another pokemon till you have switched your entire team... When the final pokemon then hits and defeats pikachu... All six pokémon get the same amount of xp -> 100%

Thing is, you always get that amount. I noticed this by accident because I already caught a second and third pokémon really early in the game. I remember defeating a lvl 5 pokemon and getting 80xp or so. I then defeated the exact same pokémon again but I switched around. Everyone received 80xp.

TL;DR: every pokemon you switch in to defeat an enemy pokémon will get 100% xp, even without exp share

ramyeon

Recap of the last day or so of leaks from /vp/

>BASED SLIGGO
>You can hit Pokemon in Amie
>New Move: Venom Drench - Pretty much spits a pile of venom on a poisoned Pokemon and lowers Speed and Sp. Atk
>New Key Pokemon, Klefki
>Mega Gyarados!
>Ice Chunk Pokemon
>BASED BINACLE's EVO
>Almost all reviews were 9/10 or 4.5/5
>Serena/Callum falls in love with you at some point in the story
>Dat fucking overworld man..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4vuGUoWVW8&feature=youtube_gdata_player
>Korrina gives you her Lucario that warms up to you
>You can ride Furfrou in Lumiose
>Routes each have their own names
>Oorotto Pre-Evo Discovered
>Pumpkin Pokemon Discovered
>Nitx, Bug/Dark Bat Discovered
>Glow Punch's ENG name is Powered-Up Punch
>New XY Movie teaser shows unknown Pokemon
>Mega Gardevoir accidentally popped up in a review, no pics of it
>Crafty Shield is a new move learned by Klefki that is like a Protect for non-damaging moves like Attract
>The starting town isn't actually Vaniville, and you move to Vaniville after your mum is done with a short tutorial
>Ground/Fairy Pokemon dropped by Kotaku
>70 New Pokemon rumor debunked
>Instead of dust clouds in caves and rustling grass, there are new signals in the overworld that replace them. Falling dust in caves and and bushes on routes are the replacements.
>Yveltal is catchable during the main game unlike Kyurem
>Sabyleye possibly has an evolution
>Grass Field and Fog Field are two new weather-like moves
>Make-up can be used in customization
>You can see your Pokemon interact in the overworld at the Daycare
>The Vanillite Taxis can be used to get around Lumiose City
>Some cafes/restaurants do special types of battles, like having to beat an opponent in X turns...because that's how much time it would take for your meal to cool down and be able to eat, apparently.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
The story gets way better in the second half of the game, but the first half is just
"Hey *insert name here*. Why don't you find out what the secret is behind Mega Evolution? K thx bai!"

Unfortunately I can't talk about what happens in the second half, but let's just say the overall story of the game isn't nearly as good as the story in Black and White.

Damn, expected but still disappointing. Seems like they go way too much into the hey here's your crappy pack of goody two shoes friends. Black and White actually explored some mature themes.

Seem like the gym distribution is pretty poor once again. Carbink completely ignored in the Rock gym, no Phantump or Pumpkaboo in the Grass gym, no Pangoro for the Fighting gym, no Floette in the Fairy gym, no Malamar for the Psychic leader, sigh. Also, only 3 Bugs yet there is a Gym?

ramyeon

Did I miss the memo on this one?
Yeah I think I did too. Anyone who can clarify?

A few more:

>You can tip all sorts of people for performing services at said cafes/restaurants/other locations. If there's a benefit to doing so, I haven't found it yet.
>Battle Tower-like facilities are scattered all across the region, one Josh and other reviewers came across was a Factory-like facility
>35 hours in and neither Josh nor Kenpachi had gotten past the 5th gym
>Team Flare's base is in some kind of volcano and its leader has a Mega Gyarados
>Clauncher's evo, Clawitzer, discovered!

ivysaur12

Banned
Recap of the last day or so of leaks from /vp/

>Nitx, Bug/Dark Bat Discovered
>New XY Movie teaser shows unknown Pokemon
>Mega Gardevoir accidentally popped up in a review, no pics of it
>Ground/Fairy Pokemon dropped by Kotaku
>70 New Pokemon rumor debunked
>Yveltal is catchable during the main game unlike Kyurem
>Sabyleye possibly has an evolution
>Grass Field and Fog Field are two new weather-like moves

I missed this. wut.

-GJ-

Damn, expected but still disappointing. Seems like they go way too much into the hey here's your crappy pack of goody two shoes friends. Black and White actually explored some mature themes.

Yes, exactly. It was the only disappointing thing for me about the game. Besides the occasional framedrop when in battle and the lack of 3D in the biggest part of the overworld. Gave the game a 9, but the story a 7.

ramyeon

I missed this. wut.
Nitx was apparently leaked by someone who was legit based on their other leaks. No pic but he drew a picture of it. Take with a grain of salt until we see it in game.

Mega Gardevoir was accidentally published in a review then removed, no pics.

Yveltal was caught by Kenpachi before completing the game, so yeah.

Others I'm still looking for confirmation on.

Edit: I'm just relaying straight from the recap thread on /vp/ guys so don't shoot the messenger :) I'm looking into what's true and what's speculation though.

UberTag

When I capture my female Skrelp in Y, I'm going to nickname it Rhonda.
"Skrelp me, Rhonda! Skrelp, skrelp me, Rhonda!"

GAMERG0D

Nitx was apparently leaked by someone who was legit based on their other leaks. No pic but he drew a picture of it. Take with a grain of salt until we see it in game.

Mega Gardevoir was accidentally published in a review then removed, no pics.

Yveltal was caught by Kenpachi before completing the game, so yeah.

Others I'm still looking for confirmation on.

Edit: I'm just relaying straight from the recap thread on /vp/ guys so don't shoot the messenger :) I'm looking into what's true and what's speculation though.
I read the Gardevoir one in the actual review that also mentioned Gengar. That Ground/Fairy that Kotaku talked about might be interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom