• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4: Two people can play on the same account at the same time.

Tripolygon

Banned
Yes if im understanding your correctly...

when you take the Knack disclaimer into account...

its implied when he says

SHE can play on HIS console...while HE is on the other...different accounts
Nothing is implied, the Knack disclaimer says you have a licence that is tied to your account with 1 designated as the home console, you can play that game on 2 different consoles as long as you are signed into that account. SHE, HE, THEY, THEM means nothing.
captureyjawf.png

So you're wrong, until they come out and expand on it and or say otherwise.

Metfanant

Yeah, so it is basically 360's method I have to be online to sign into another console so you need internet, which is worse than how PS3 had it where I could just use one of my activated PS3's when I traveled not worrying about having to sign in online somewhere that may not have internet.

yes, it is more restrictive than the PS3's method

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I'm going to bed but here's my point about Warhawk..

capturebtjwj.png

This is one of the restrictive games on PS3 right now. Knack SEEMS that way even though the wording is different. The main point is that we have this on PS3 right now so it may be on a game by game basis.

frizby

Wrapping up with a few points that may or may not help, and then I'll just let people be wrong in there wrongness and just sit there and be wrong.

1. Try to picture a home account and a mobile account, because that is, in effect, what you have.
2. If your home account logs in, your mobile account gets logged off. Period.
3. Your home account is tied to your home PS4, and any other user that logs in with their own account can access all of your content, including online play.
4. Sharing as you know it is over. I'm sorry. But you can get pretty close, if you're creative.

Thanks and good night...and may God have mercy on your souls. ;)

TehPabz

It's pretty much only useful if you have 2 PS4s at home and don't wanna buy 2 copies of each game you'll just basically set one console as your home console on your psn ID and play on the other one online all the time.

Metfanant

Nothing is implied, the Knack disclaimer says you have a licence that is tied to your account with 1 designated as the home console, you can play that game on 2 different consoles as long as you are signed into that account. SHE, HE, THEY, THEM means nothing.
captureyjawf.png

So you're wrong, until they come out and expand on it and or say otherwise.

OH EM GEE....

dude, i think you're confusing yourself lol...its really not that hard to understand...

I can play my content on any PS4 i want...but if YOU want to play my content using YOUR account...you have to be on MY console...OR i have to let you use my PSN name...but that means we wont be able to play together....

Lol, sure.

pointing out that Sony's policy has become more restrictive than it was on the PS3...and is more in line to what MS is doing is not showing some sort of "intention" its just a fact...

Tripolygon

Banned
OH EM GEE....

dude, i think you're confusing yourself lol...its really not that hard to understand...

I can play my content on any PS4 i want...but if YOU want to play my content using YOUR account...you have to be on MY console...OR i have to let you use my PSN name...but that means we wont be able to play together....
We'll have to agree to disagree.

BigDug13

I'm reading this tweet as home console is signed in as nobody and game is playable because it was bought for that machine, and external console is signed in as game owner.

UNCMark

Banned
obviously youre trying to imply that the Xbone is amazing and the PS4 sucks!

/s

I'm not saying that at all. In fact the Xbox One's method appears to be identical to PS4's, which are then both more restrictive than 360's method. And it appears to be that way on both to make Live/PS+ sharing feasible. 360 has no account sharing, so you can basically make any 360 your "home"console per purchase.

Tripolygon

Banned
dude, how can you just "agree to disagree?" i mean is that how you debate? when faced with overwhelming evidence contrary to what you WANT to believe you just "agree to disagree?"
This is not a debate, Yoshida made a statement, and we both interpreted it differently. There is no overwhelming evidence, just people grasping at straws, KNACK disclaimer which by the way is the only PS4 title that has that disclaimer of the 2 PS4 titles up for pre-order on PSN. If that was a standard PS4 disclaimer, it will also be on Warframe.

Bazooka

Banned
What if it is justified?

Seeing as we have mounting evidence that says other wise and the fact this is the mans second language or the fact that even if you do take it at face value he never says the original account has to be logged into both consoles to work.

frizby

I'm reading this tweet as home console is signed in as nobody and game is playable because it was bought for that machine, and external console is signed in as game owner.

That is what it says, but she would have to log in as "somebody" and it couldn't be him. It's a minor omission but one that a few people are clinging to desperately despite evidence to the contrary.

Tripolygon

Banned
I'm not saying that at all. In fact the Xbox One's method appears to be identical to PS4's, which are then both more restrictive than 360's method. And it appears to be that way on both to make Live/PS+ sharing feasible. 360 has no account sharing, so you can basically make any 360 your "home"console per purchase.
Let me help you out.
Yeah, the home console thing makes it more restrictive than ........360 and Xbox One.

UNCMark

Banned
This is not a debate, Yoshida made a statement, and we both interpreted it differently. There is no overwhelming evidence, just people grasping at straws, KNACK disclaimer which by the way is the only PS4 title that has that disclaimer of the 2 PS4 titles up for pre-order on PSN. If that was a standard PS4 disclaimer, it will also be on Warframe.

We don't live in a vacuum. We have his tweet plus Mortimer's tweet, plus an official video from Sony explaining exactly how it works.

Warframe was regarded as a service, as far as I know on PS3 services can not be shared and is tied to the account, did anyone buy knack? was it a service or just a download? just curious

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
That is what it says, but she would have to log in as "somebody" and it couldn't be him. It's a minor omission but one that a few people are clinging to desperately despite evidence to the contrary.

Yes, I'm starting to doubt my original thoughts on it now because of that. You couldn't have two Gribblegrungers playing online at the same time, as someone already pointed out.

UNCMark

Banned
Let me help you out.

Yeah, I was mistaken about the Xbox One portion of that statement. The Xbox One method is every bit as restrictive as the PS4. I personally don't think that was enough for you to accuse me of having an agenda though. That's pretty rude.

Metfanant

Warframe is a Free-2-Play (emphasis on FREE) title....there is no need for a disclaimer about OWNING something that is FREE for EVERYONE...

Let me help you out.
dude, you can stretch it all you want and try to paint him as a fanboy, but its not gonna stick...this policy more restrictive...period...it has nothing to do with console allegiances...i prefer PlayStation to Xbox...and im only getting a PS4 at launch and waiting to grab an Xbone when i can get it for less than $400...and im in TOTAL agreement with him and see no bias in what he has been saying...

We don't live in a vacuum. We have his tweet plus Mortimer's tweet, plus an official video from Sony explaining exactly how it works.

exactly...all evidence must be considered...

Tripolygon

Banned
Speak your mind boy, don't rely on condescension. What are people desperate for? For their console to have a good game sharing policy or are people desperate for PS4 to have a terrible policy so they feel there is some parity between the other console sharing policy.

frizby

As for who's more restrictive, PS4 and Xbone policies are precisely the same as far as I can tell. There might be some little nuance with how access to online play works on Xbone, but I don't see it.

UNCMark

Banned
Speak your mind boy, don't rely on condescension. What are people desperate for? For their console to have a good game sharing policy or are people desperate for PS4 to have a terrible policy so they feel there is some parity between the other console sharing policy.

You're not really interested in having a mature conversation, are you?

BigDug13

Wrapping up with a few points that may or may not help, and then I'll just let people be wrong in there wrongness and just sit there and be wrong.

1. Try to picture a home account and a mobile account, because that is, in effect, what you have.
2. If your home account logs in, your mobile account gets logged off. Period.
3. Your home account is tied to your home PS4, and any other user that logs in with their own account can access all of your content, including online play.
4. Sharing as you know it is over. I'm sorry. But you can get pretty close, if you're creative.

Thanks and good night...and may God have mercy on your souls. ;)

The creative bit would be to simply not log on to PSN on the home console and play whatever games are loaded, the away console can then log on to the PSN account the owns the purchased games and also play at the same time.

You don't have to log on to PSN at all on the home machine to play locally purchased digital games, right? So just unplug from the internet on the home machine to enable 2 simultaneous games on one purchase, right?

frizby

No agenda here. Only facts with evidence.

I do only have a PS4 preordered and took the time to understand this policy months ago, if that helps mitigate whatever paranoia you're harboring.

UNCMark

Banned
The creative bit would be to simply not log on to PSN on the home console and play whatever games are loaded, the away console can then log on to the PSN account the owns the purchased games and also play at the same time.

You don't have to log on to PSN at all on the home machine to play locally purchased digital games, right? So just unplug from the internet on the home machine to enable 2 simultaneous games on one purchase, right?

You dont need to do that. The home machine is allowed to be online playing. Just not using the Home PS4's users account. But you can still play his/her games because it is the Home system.

lucius

Going all digital is getting less and less appealing, they need to update the system to add external USB drives, then that and remote Vita play might make it more worthwhile.

Metfanant

if youre accusing me of being "desperate for PS4 to have a terrible policy so they feel there is some parity between the other console sharing policy." and some sort of Xbox fanboy you've got another thing coming...

i want you to take a look at my Xbox Live profile lol...

would an Xbox fanboy even jokingly have this information in their profile??...look me up on Black Ops 2...my clan tag is "PS4" and my emblem says "PS4 > Xbone" lol

UNCMark

Banned
if youre accusing me of being "desperate for PS4 to have a terrible policy so they feel there is some parity between the other console sharing policy." and some sort of Xbox fanboy you've got another thing coming...

would an Xbox fanboy even jokingly have this information in their profile??...look me up on Black Ops 2...my clan tag is "PS4" and my emblem says "PS4 > Xbone" lol

Reported... I mean LOL.

Here's my opinion
-1 Home system. Anyone can log in and play your games using their account.

-2nd system. I can log in and download all my games on the 2nd system. NO ONE besides me can log in and play the game. They can possibly play offline but we don't know yet.

So using famousmortimer scenario as an example. His wife wants to platinum Knack. So in order to do this, she's only able to play on the Home system with her account. If famousmortimer wants to play Knack as well. His only option is to play on the 2nd system. She cannot play on the 2nd system using her account.

I think yosp only confirmed you CAN play the game at the same time but only under those specific instructions. Judging by his response it looks like offline sharing (being able to play offline on the 2nd system) is gone. But we'll see.

Satchel

Banned
Rather than being able to use the same account on multiple machines, I'd prefer to be able to have multiple accounts (i.e. multiple regions) on one machine, like the PS3 (but not the Vita).

Has that been addressed yet?

Wait what? We can't have multiple accounts on one PS4? You sure?

Tripolygon

Banned
No agenda here. Only facts with evidence.

I do only have a PS4 preordered and took the time to understand this policy months ago, if that helps mitigate whatever paranoia you're harboring.
Don't care what console you have preordered. I know some people's shtick on GAF, they do it so often and in every thread related to one console or the other. Condescension gets you nowhere in life so speak to someone else that way. On PS3 and PS Vita, the policy was changed to 2 home consoles and 2 handhelds can be activated to play the same game at the same time. On PS4 1 console has to be designated as home while the other you have to be actively signed in to play.

What i interpreted Yoshida as saying is, you can be playing a game on the home console and someone else or you can sign in to another console with your account to play your game at the same time.

I'd like to be correct but Yoshida's statement is open to interpretation so until they say otherwise in no uncertain terms, good day or night to you.

UNCMark

Banned
Here's my opinion
-1 Home system. Anyone can log in and play your games using their account.

-2nd system. I can log in and download all my games on the 2nd system. NO ONE besides me can log in and play the game. They can possibly play offline but we don't know yet.

They can't.

Wait what? We can't have multiple accounts on one PS4? You sure?

Multiple accounts are allowed. Just like how it works on 360/PS3(different regions etc).

Tripolygon

Banned

I'm pretty sure i never quoted you and said "Your intentions are pretty clear" and I really don't care what console you own. All i want is for the console i own to have a decent sharing policy and i hope Yoshida's statement means what i interpreted it to mean.

Replicant

So using famousmortimer scenario as an example. His wife wants to platinum Knack. So in order to do this, she's only able to play on the Home system with her account. If famousmortimer wants to play Knack as well. His only option is to play on the 2nd system. She cannot play on the 2nd system using her account.

On PS3, all you have to do is to have your account on the 2nd console (thereby activating that console as the 2nd console), and any other account on that 2nd console can also play the game. I don't see a reason why they'd change that.

Top Bottom