• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Half Life 2 mods (ive never heard of).

rezuth said:
The main game is like Empires but more indoors and action oriented. They're making some really cool modes and addiontal gameplay that makes for a nice and unique experience.

Wow that looks pretty good. Actually I am really impressed.

battleMAUS said:
so many good recomm. ive played all except synergy, i need to dl it

i'll add
zombie master (not much server activity but still alive, either way it will keep u entertained until u have enough dough for a new game)
look into the future:
zombie panic
natural selection 2

A few people were playing Zombie Master from one of the Steam Chat rooms I was in...People were talking about it and it seems pretty popular, though from your post it seems like maybe it's just those people playing it.

Zenith

Banned
WHOAguitarninja said:
That's one of the most professional looking mods I've ever seen. Very impressive.

Unfortunately the team isn't. The mod leader (don't know if he was the DICE guy) bombards HL sites complaining itf his mod doesn't get prominence in news or forums. Gary (of Garry's mod) mentioned this on his blog and the guy actually phoned him up and spent an hour shouting down the phone at him.

rezuth

Zenith said:
Unfortunately the team isn't. The mod leader (don't know if he was the DICE guy) bombards HL sites complaining itf his mod doesn't get prominence in news or forums. Gary (of Garry's mod) mentioned this on his blog and the guy actually phoned him up and spent an hour shouting down the phone at him.
The guy might have an ego but he has it for a good reason. I actually don't recall the Gary stuff that well but was it not something about him saying Nuclear-Dawn was vapourware?

Here is more of the e-drama

I'm going to pretty much give you a breakdown on what Garry said, and what happened. Just to warn you the two are usually very separate entities, so be prepared.

But before I do that, let's take a look at the completely biased vocabulary Garry uses to reinforce his somewhat flimsy claims (might I say that have no evidence).

[“Professional” mod makers at the moment. Mod developers that work on their mod for 5 years before actually releasing anything (if they ever do).]
Care to give an example? Since none of these mods have been released, and none of them have been worked on for 5 years, how can you even substantiate that claim, even as a hypothesis? If you have an example, I'd like to hear it.

[over-zealous mod leader]
Well, if that's not carefully worded to give us an impression of what this person's like before you even tell us what they've allegedly done, I don't know what is.

---

Garry said:
Mod Leader X, who has been alluded to as being DaveL from Nuclear Dawn, contacted HL2.net to ask them to remove all negative comments about Nuclear Dawn.

There can be no doubt that Munro was contacted, but anyone who was reading that thread will be able to corroborate the fact that there were comments that were verging on open personal attacks in that thread. I wasn’t surprised that comments were removed, what surprised me was that Munro managed to remove a whole slew of comments *while still leaving in several negative comments*. Check the thread and you'll see this. So, if DaveL asked Munro to remove all negative comments, why did Munro leave in negative comments? If DaveL was the tyrant you make him out to be, why would he not have insisted that the other negative comments be removed?

Samon, a member of HL2.net staff saiys in that thread:
"My post has been deleted, when it was perfectly just."

Sort of disproves the attempted character assassination one might accuse Garry of there, doesn't it?

If you want proof you can read the original thread and a second thread written to complain about the removal of posts without reason.
Original Thread: http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=101146
Complaint to Munro: http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=101025

Garry said:
"I basically said that I had seen the beta of this mod and it definitely wasn’t going to be released when the timer reached zero, it was a dicktease."

I think you're a bit confused, Garry. You see, the ND team are still alpha testing, so how can you have seen a beta? If you are talking about an alpha test, how did you get to see it, and do you have proof? Did you play a full version, or see a screenshot taken on a test map? Just how much did you really see, Garry? All of this smells like an unsubstantiated claim to me.

If I were in this guy's shoes I'd definitely be contacting Garry. I'd be PMing him in IRC to ask him to kindly desist from (1) telling big phat lies about having seen an alpha test. Or if he had seen one, I'd be asking for some proof (non internally-published screenshots should suffice). But I'm guessing you wouldn't be able to come through on any hard evidence, Garry.

Garry's made a great mod, but some of the stuff he comes out with make me wish he didn't have so much sway with gamers, or better yet, that gamer's wouldn't be so damn gullible when buying in to comments that have *absolutely no evidence* to corroborate them.

I guess there is one way we can tell just how much elaboration (or actual raw truth) there is in Garry's statement about the ND alpha (or was it beta, Garry?). If Nuclear Dawn is released on time, Garry will be proven wrong. But if you read the threads linked above you'll probably have already made your mind up on just how much Garry's comments can be trusted.

I'm so ready to be proven wrong, but alas... I may end up waiting an eternity.

Zenith said:

That makes me think he's passionate and confident about his work.

rezuth

Oh yea! I also love the fact christian communities hate them :)

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

Hello, my name is <CC>< Made in Canada... I am apart of a Christian Gaming Community of people that play Counter-Strike: Source and we are Boycotting you untill you edit your game... Your game has affected our whole entire community of Christians... We would like you to remove anything that insults the Christian Faith... Untill you do you will be boycotted, I have also alerted several churches in Toronto, Ontario, Canada about your game and several News Stations in Toronto, Ontario, Canada... I would also like you all know that we have alerted http://www.steampowered.com about your game... We would like you to know that no suicide bombing groups are Christian... They are under the impression that God has told them that they are to kill people... God has told them no such thing... There are over 2 Billion people in the world that are Christian... And you putting this into your game is turning people away from Christianity... Also... I am prepaired to take Legal action if you do not edit the game... Thank you...

<CC>< Made in Canada

Also: We have over 1,200 members so we are able to stop people from playing your game... Have a great day

Zenith

Banned
bigmit3737 said:
That makes me think he's passionate and confident about his work.

That makes me think he's a moron with no grip on reality, and certainly not professional enough to lead a mod. Talk about damage control. yes, harrassing people is a good thing... :lol

and the original post from G's blog:

http://www.garry.tv/?p=72

There seems to be a new trend of “Professional” mod makers at the moment. Mod developers that work on their mod for 5 years before actually releasing anything (if they ever do).

After typing 4 lines about one of these mods in a chatroom their over-zealous mod leader took the time to look up my phone number and gave me a call demanding that I do not say negative things about his mod (I basically said that I had seen the beta of this mod and it definitely wasn’t going to be released when the timer reached zero, it was a dicktease).

In the 33 minute call he explained that his plan was to hype everyone up with media for a year before releasing (he made it clear that it wouldn’t be released for at least year). It became clear that he didn’t really have any design docs to accomplish this, but he did have cool concept art, a team of artists and some cool scenarios in his head.

He noted that one of his worries with the CS style “community involved” beta system was that they might release their first beta and everyone will think “it’s a load of shit” and never play it again. Yeah, of course this is a risk, but with it comes benefits.

Hyped up single release system

+ Hyped up community looking forward to release
+ Internal beta - stronger community/team?
- Unbalanced in public servers
- Stagnant community
- Demoralised team
- Bored community (How much fun can you have with screenshots)
- Over-expectant community
- Release date extended because it doesn’t live up to the hype
- First release will definitely not live up to expectations of hardcore community
- Constantly worrying that you’ve wasted your time
Classic Mod Release

+ Thriving Community
+ Gameplay Tweaking
+ Faster bug finding
+ Faster development
+ Motivated Team
- First release may not be received well if the mod has been hyped
+- Can tell if you’re wasting your time almost immediately
You see, with the classic mod releasing method the first release is a base. Any releases after that are really appreciated by the community because it’s an upgrade - and people love upgrading stuff. People will be more likely to join your community if it’s going somewhere and they have something to look forward to.

That’s why CS grew from what it was to what it is. They didn’t try to compete with any other mods and hype it all up. They just added new stuff and people loved that. New weapons, new maps, new scenarios. The guy that phoned me said that the CS way is dead because gamers are fickle now. I don’t think that’s true, GMod proves it isn’t. The first GMod release was just a simple base that I built upon, if I didn’t use the CS method it would only have half the stuff I have in it now (with 5x the bugs (yeah, 5 million bugs)).

If you keep stuff locked up and dicktease your community they will get unrealistic expectations that you will never be able to fill - and it will all end up in tears.

Update 1: PM on IRC from ‘Mod Leader X’ demanding the removal of this blog entry
Update 2: 3 Missed calls on phone from ‘Mod Leader X’

and from the comments:

Garry Newman:

There’s only one person it can be.

It’s the same person that phoned admins at HL2.NET to remove negative comments about his mod.

The same person that complained to PHL that his announcement wasn’t stickied - only to have the post removed. So he complained to IGN and they made them put the post back up.

Garry Newman:

As for the whole me having the Nuclear Dawn beta thing (Or alpha - it doesn’t matter what you call it). I only mentioned it once, in a chat room - where I typed 4 lines about it. I was telling people that it definitely won’t be released when the timer reaches 0 because it isn’t even nearly done. That’s all I said.

rezuth

Zenith said:
That makes me think he's a moron with no grip on reality, and certainly not professional enough to lead a mod. Talk about damage control. yes, harrassing people is a good thing... :lol

and the original post from G's blog:

http://www.garry.tv/?p=72
Well you have to remember that this is Garry talking. The biggest A-Hole on this planet and I would never take his word over someone else. I belive the truth is somewhere in the middle and I honestly belive that Garry was just jealous.

Edit: Did you even read my post?

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
I would love Black Mesa: Source but its kinda like DNF at this stage. Until I play it, it really doesn't exist.

Zenith

Banned
rezuth said:
Well you have to remember that this is Garry talking. The biggest A-Hole on this planet and I would never take his word over someone else. I belive the truth is somewhere in the middle and I honestly belive that Garry was just jealous.

Edit: Did you even read my post?

Stretching the truth a lot aren't you? Why would Garry be jealous of NuclearDawn? they're completely different mods, and ND is unreleased whilst GMod is on sale and is endorsed by Valve. And why the personal attacks, why you couldn't be an .....ND fanboy!

and yes I read your post, it was a load of unsubstantiated bullshit that proved nothing and dodged a lot of the issues.

Everyone in the HL2 community knows ND are the most defensive lot on the net. say anything against their mod and it's like having scientologists angry at you, as evidenced by all of the above posts. phoning people up over forum posts = crazy, no matter how you zealots wish to portray it (lol that whole "it makes him look professional and confident" still makes me laugh. harassing people to have posts and threads removed makes him insecure, not confident).

Jenga

Banned
The HL2 mod scene is much more centered around multiplayer this time around. I wonder when mods will start to upgrade to EP2 tech.

rezuth

Zenith said:
Stretching the truth a lot aren't you? Why would Garry be jealous of NuclearDawn? they're completely different mods, and ND is unreleased whilst GMod is on sale and is endorsed by Valve. And why the personal attacks, why you couldn't be an .....ND fanboy!

and yes I read your post, it was a load of unsubstantiated bullshit that proved nothing and dodged a lot of the issues.

Everyone in the HL2 community knows ND are the most defensive lot on the net. say anything against their mod and it's like having scientologists angry at you, as evidenced by all of the above posts. phoning people up over forum posts = crazy, no matter how you zealots wish to portray it (lol that whole "it makes him look professional and confident" still makes me laugh. harassing people to have posts and threads removed makes him insecure, not confident).
I think you are full of bullshit. It is a wellknown fact that ND got so much attention and got featured in PCGamer over several pages which pissed Garry of. When Garry wanted to be in the alpha testings and was turned down he got on some sort of rampage trying to discredit the mod. You can call me a ND fanboy if you like but you as well as me know that you have no proof of anything.

Zenith

Banned
rezuth said:
It is a wellknown fact that ND got so much attention and got featured in PCGamer over several pages which pissed Garry of. When Garry wanted to be in the alpha testings and was turned down he got on some sort of rampage trying to discredit the mod.

"You can call me a ND fanboy if you like but you as well as me know that you have no proof of anything."

Pot, meet kettle.

Like I said, they use scientology tactics. None of the above ever happened (except for the PCGamer spread).

Draft

People are still looking forward to Nuclear Dawn? Game looks like everything that's wrong with the modern mod scene. Nothing but a pretty face (albeit on of the prettier ones I've seen.)

Jedeye Sniv said:
Anyone else a bit disappointed by the achievement of the 'mod-community' this gen?

Yes, but it's to be expected. It takes a lot more skill and energy to make a Source Engine mod in comparison to Half-Life 1. Plus, from what I've heard from a few friends who knew how to make maps and mods in HL1, the Source Engine SDK is a buggy piece of junk. Speaking personally, during one of the many times I tried to get in to mod development, the Source SDK royally screwed itself over so that it'd crash every time I launched anything but the HL2 Model Viewer. All I did was run Hammer (the map editor) once and the rest of the SDK just died.

It's just not as easy to sit down and fudge around with the HL2 source code as it was in HL1. It's a lot more complex and you have to be a lot more detailed, otherwise it just looks like crap. The bar on Source Mods has been raised too high for most people to reach.

rezuth

Zenith said:
"You can call me a ND fanboy if you like but you as well as me know that you have no proof of anything."

Pot, meet kettle.

Like I said, they use scientology tactics. None of the above ever happened (except for the PCGamer spread).

There can be no doubt that Munro was contacted, but anyone who was reading that thread will be able to corroborate the fact that there were comments that were verging on open personal attacks in that thread. I wasn’t surprised that comments were removed, what surprised me was that Munro managed to remove a whole slew of comments *while still leaving in several negative comments*. Check the thread and you'll see this. So, if DaveL asked Munro to remove all negative comments, why did Munro leave in negative comments? If DaveL was the tyrant you make him out to be, why would he not have insisted that the other negative comments be removed?

Samon, a member of HL2.net staff saiys in that thread:
"My post has been deleted, when it was perfectly just."

Sort of disproves the attempted character assassination one might accuse Garry of there, doesn't it?

If you want proof you can read the original thread and a second thread written to complain about the removal of posts without reason.
Original Thread: http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=101146
Complaint to Munro: http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=101025

Zenith

Banned
That post doesn't deal with any of the stuff you posted or any of the other points you dodged. it didn't answer anything the first time, what makes you think it would the second?

It is a wellknown fact that ND got so much attention and got featured in PCGamer over several pages which pissed Garry of. When Garry wanted to be in the alpha testings and was turned down he got on some sort of rampage trying to discredit the mod.

This is still a total fabrication, as in made up by rezuth just now for this topic. What exactly are the rules dealing with baseless accusations? If I accused someone (in all seriousness) of being a paedophile but provided zero evidence for it would I get banned or what?

rezuth said:

How, in any way? that's the flimsiest explanation I've ever seen produced. You have literally no explanations for any of the stuff mentioned. and the links you posted PROVE the guy went on a meltdown and threatened HL2.net, just like Garry said. the mods even say that that the comments weren't personal attacks but valid criticisms. wait, were you trying to support my side of the story?

from various HL2.net forum admins:

the fact that its year old concept pictures ( which you yourself initially deleted the story for ) and the ones which questioned Dave's well known bad behaviour ( yes the "mod" does look but his actions are less than great on occasions ) or commented on the mod in a mildly sarcastic fashion were all removed as far as we aware by the direct request of Dave.

Given that one of his stated community aims for when ND is up and running is the creation of and i quote "Drama" between people, staff etc I find this atittude not only laughable but hypocrytical.

Well the point being certain posts were deleted as by Munro as I understand it upon the direct request of dave.

Apparently, he's threatening injunctions or something against people who speak negatively of his work, which is laughable. But sadly, a lot of people hear the word "sue" and start cowering.

-Angry Lawyer

Munro deleted everything (negative) about DaveL (like my story about my first encounter with DaveL), not only mod stuff.

I'd especially like to know why no reason was given for the mass deletion of totally harmless posts.

Yeah, it is abit out of line. My post was deleted for no good reason. No warning. No nothing. How on the earth DaveL can snap his fingers and Munro float down from his fluffly never here cloud and erase just criticisms is beyond me.

the above is from 5 different moderators.

Bossman

Just had a nice game in Empires. We were losing badly but we managed to destroy the enemy team's commander vehicle with a quick tank rush. It really amazes me how they managed to create such large maps with lots of vehicles using the HL2 engine.

rezuth

Zenith said:
That post doesn't deal with any of the stuff you posted or any of the other points you dodged. it didn't answer anything the first time, what makes you think it would the second?

This is still a total fabrication, as in made up by rezuth just now for this topic. What exactly are the rules dealing with baseless accusations? If I accused someone (in all seriousness) of being a paedophile but provided zero evidence for it would I get banned or what?

How, in any way? that's the flimsiest explanation I've ever seen produced. You have literally no explanations for any of the stuff mentioned. and the links you posted PROVE the guy went on a meltdown and threatened HL2.net, just like Garry said. the mods even say that that the comments weren't personal attacks but valid criticisms. wait, were you trying to support my side of the story?

from various HL2.net forum admins:

the above is from 5 different moderators.
I love how you ignored what the person who deleted it said ;) Very sneaky :) Like making a documentary about 9/11 and not interviewing any of the victims.

Here is what he said.

I don't take kindly to people posting offensive messages directed at people even if they do deserve it. I especially didn't like some of the comments coming from staff members who are meant to be here to moderate the site and not add to it. The forum thread was to discuss Nuclear Dawn's media release, not to slag off the mod or its development team.

Zenith

Banned
I love how you ignored what the person who deleted it said ;) Very sneaky :) Like making a documentary about 9/11 and not interviewing any of the victims.

Here is what he said.

:lol How in any way does that comment vindicate the guy? You have one person vs a bunch of staff and a whole lot of irate forum-goers. You have to agree the content of that thread supports my side of the argument much more than it does yours. And they weren't personal attacks which renders Munro's explanation invalid. and here's what the staff said about the guy:

I wonder how much deleting Munro would have to do if that Incoming mod phoned him. Oh my.

Awaiting Munro's reaction. He's not responding "strategically" , hoping this will just blow over....

and is 9/11 the new Godwin's Law?

plus still doesn't change the fact that the NW guy pressured Munro to remove them in violation of their own rules, still no proof about the claims vis-a-vis Garry, still doesn't change the fact you tried (and failed) to defend the guy making threatening phone calls, still have yet to provide a single plausible explanation of any of the above.

Why don't you make up some more stories about how Garry kills kittens, or that DaveL harangued IGN to sticky the topic about his mod for the good of the universe?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
People.... any more mods? I downloaded all the ones mentioned here, and Ia m loving them. More please?

rezuth

Insects Infestation
http://www.insectsinfestation.com/

The Insects Infestation concept combines diverse combat capabilities and strategy oriented gaming. In fact, it does

not only allow you to shoot anybody at anytime but it emphasizes on team play tactics.

Obviously based on the insects point of view, II will offer its players to choose among three different insect

species, Ants, Termites and Alliances. Each of these will have its own set of unique weapons, powers, behaviour and

abilities. To add a little interest, species will be available in two main starting classes: Soldiers or Builders.

Classes will eventually evolve into six distinct classes as you play, again to give even more diversity to the game.

t_image_35646.jpg

Iron Grip: The Oppression
http://www.isotx.com/

Iron Grip : The Oppression has a completely new kind of gameplay, combining First Person Shooter with Real Time

Strategy elements in a way never done before.

One team consists of one human player, playing a full RTS style game, building and commanding AI troops while the

opposing team consisting of human FPS players only!

The new techniques provide the gamer with rising tension in a full scale city war. The beautiful fantasy

architecture and other elements which colour this mod brings the player right into the Iron Grip conflict. The small

cooperative aspects of the FPS team intensify the need for teamwork to an ultimate level.

thumbmoty_46762.jpg

Plan of Attack
http://www.planofattackgame.com/

Plan of Attack is all about gameplay. Strategic gameplay. Players are faced with important decisions each round that

affect themselves and their team. What objective to attack, planning your defense, acquiring money or experience,

bankrupting the enemy team, choosing your skill class, and planning your path to victory.

1066_2_2.jpg

Substance
http://ludus1942.ngi.it/

HL2: Substance enhances the HL2 single player experience John Woo style, has a new action oriented gamestyle, deadly

challenges and extra gorish killings make it the best choice for HL2 veterans who hunger for more replay value.

Welcome to the real Substance, what action is made of!

7f8.jpg

The Battle Grounds 2
http://www.bgmod.com/

BG places you in the time period of the revolutionary war in America. American rebels are fighting for their

freedom and the troops of the british crown are trying to keep control of the colonies.

bgmod.gif

The Hidden
http://www.hidden-source.com/

Mission Briefing : Hunt down an invisible enemy.

The Infinitum Research Intercept Squad (I.R.I.S.) is on the hunt for a fugitive, the subject of a secret genetic

experiment, who is known only as Subject 617. The Good News : The IRIS team is well trained, well armed and

co-ordinated.

The Bad News : The genetic manipulation has given Subject 617 enhanced speed, mobility and incredible strength - he

can pounce like a tiger, cling to any surface and is known to pin victims up for feeding. Worst of all, the

experiments have rendered him nearly invisible to the human eye. This is why he is simply known as ... The Hidden

IRIS_Members_03.jpg

Decloak: Source
http://www.decloaksource.com/

Decloak is a round based game where the rebel team tries to escape to a certain point in the map before the combine

stop them. The rebels have the ability to cloak which makes them completely invisible. While cloaked, the rebels can

use their crowbar and gravity gun as tools to success. When uncloaked, they can use any weapon in their arsenal.

Unlike the combine team, the rebels have the ability to pick up stronger weapons in the map.

The combine, however, start out the round with medium-strength weapons and a decloaking device integrated into their

flashlights. Any part of a cloaked object that falls into the cone of this enhanced flashlight will be decloaked.

Unfortunately, the battery life is limited and must be recharged over time. The goal of the combine is to protect

the escape point while hunting down rebels.

The rebel team wins if 50% or more of the team escapes successfully. The first rebel to escape each round is awarded

with additional points.

decloak2.jpg

Awakening
http://awakening.hl2files.com/

You are Adrian Shepard, in stasis since the debacle at Black Mesa. But fortunate for you, a situation occurs where

you come of use again. and so the G-man comes back to bring you out of stasis.

aw04s.jpg

Jailbreak: Source

Jailbreak is a modification for Half-Life 2, it's simple: Two teams, two jails. When you kill a member of the opposite team, they respawn locked up inside your jail. When a member of your team is killed, they respawn inside the enemy jail.

Your objective is to imprison every member of the enemy team. The twist is, you can break out members of your own team, by fighting your way to the enemy jail and opening the doors! The game goes back and forth until one team is entirely locked up, the losers executed (in a variety of customised ways), then the next round begins!

wmm.jpg

MACe
http://www.few.vu.nl/~mace/

MACe the Adventure is a puzzle-oriented adventure game. You take on the role of our heroine, who decides to visit the local arcade center, owned by the eccentric Minos. Unknown to her, this is the start of a strange journey...

mace02.png

http://www.freewebs.com/cryshieldhl2/

In this Single Player Mod, Gordon is back in a whole new story. In this episode you fight your way through a Combine Prison only to find yourself established into a secret Rebel force called The CryShield. This mod only contains one other mission after your fight through the prison. Its short but sweet.

th_rech2b0024.jpg

Fortress Forever
http://www.fortress-forever.com/

Fortress Forever is a Team Fortress mod for Half-life 2's Source Engine. Our independent team is creating this mod entirely from scratch.

Fortress Forever should please those who have stuck with or been a part Half-life: TFC over the years while at the same time doing more for new TF players than any prior Fortress attempt.

0031cb.jpg

Absence
http://bitkari.com/absence/

Using the Half-life 2 engine, the game centers around a young girl, Lily, who wakes to find that she has lost her memory. The player must guide
Lily around the city, meeting the various citizens of the city and solving puzzles to progress through the game.

screen1.jpg

Perfect Dark Source
http://www.pdark-mod.com/

Perfect Dark : Source

It is the result of a common passion... Player yesterday, creator tomorrow... The concept of this game is the dream of all fanatic players... We are making this MOD for our pleasure... And undoubtedly for yours! !

thumbmoty_53089.jpg

Goldeneye Source
http://goldeneyesource.com/

GoldenEye: Source is a modification of Half-Life 2, with only one goal in mind; to bring the memories and experiences from the original GoldenEye64 back to life using Source Technology.

GEs.jpg

Eclipse
http://www.eclipsegame.com/

Eclipse is a third-person total conversion of Valve's Half-Life 2 . It is an action adventure that features tactical, puzzle based combat, which forces the player to interact with the surrounding environment in order to survive. You play as a young Sorceress named Violet who has learned the secrets of Telekinesis. This allows Violet to easily find objects in the environment that she can pick up and throw. Once the player gets used to picking up objects and throwing them at targets, the movement of Violet becomes very important. Based on where an enemy is Violet might want to pick up one or more objects and then move about in order to get a good angle on her enemy before sending the objects flying in that direction.

pic_1.jpg

HL2: Assault
http://duo-hosting.com/fallendj/hl2as/

HL2:Assault aims to bring all the fun of 'Red vs Blue' style defend and attack gameplay, with a twist that only the Halflife world can bring. Take on the role of a rebel trying to bring down the enemies defenses, or hold out against the attacking foe by joining the Combine forces. Set in the timespan between Gordon and Alyx leaving Nova Prospekt and rematerialising a week later, only you can hold the fort until the arrival of the Free Man...

d1_canals_060015.jpg

School Adventures
http://school-adventures.tk/

In this mod I created... world of my school.
After Combine invasion...:)
With sewers, underground, secret Combine labs.

SourceForts
http://www.sourcefortsmod.com/

SourceForts is a Half Life 2: Deathmatch mod where Combine and Rebels face off in capture-the-flag action with a big twist. Players build bases and other structures with blocks and plates in the "build phase" to protect themselves and their team's flag (which is actually a ball), and then fight it out and try to capture the enemy's flag in the "combat phase". Once the combat phase has ended, it's back to build, where players can repair, improve, and change their creations to ready them for the next combat phase.

thumbmoty_51344.jpg

Dodgeball: Source
http://www.dodgeballsource.com/

Dodgeball:Source is a Full Conversion Mod based on the Source Engine. Touting a unique blend of Sports, FPS, and Arcade style gameplay, Dodgeball:Source is able to entertain a wide varitey of gamers. Dodgeball:Source is based around the popular playground/ gymn game that we grew up playing.

00003422.jpg

Half Life 2 : WiiMote Mod
http://wii.hl2world.com/

Half Life 2 : WiiMote Mod aims to bring the new Wii remote technology to Half Life 2 while also allowing full customization of the wiimote input and offering new gameplay centered arround the Wii Remote!

193183670460ff6e402246.jpg

Revolt The Decimation
http://thedecimation.lanclan.com/

While the stalemate continues, the Empire begins to cleanse their “impurities”. A staged game of execution is broadcasted as entertainment to the common people of the Empire. Thousands die and are cheered for their staged heroics.

70176795.jpg

FLIPSIDE
http://www.playflipside.com/

You have just escaped from a mental institution. You’re on the run. The sun is shining, the birds are singing. You are jumping happily from cloud to cloud. You know that the only way to freedom is by reaching the ship at the end of the level. A cute bunny is jumping towards you, blocking your path. By pushing a button the whole world flips around and shows its dark side. The bunny is now an evil nurse who is trying to stop you from getting away. You headbutt her, clearing your path. With a push of the button the world flips back and shows its light side again.

flipside_002-custom;size_390,243.jpg

Causality Effect
http://www.onboarderror.com/

What if everything that went wrong on "A Red Letter Day" was not caused by what you thought? What if your teleport ripped a hole in space and time? Now you must travel through time to correct the events and set right your past.

NMRiH_Firearm03.jpg

Lethal Agents
http://www.lethalagents.com/

A fast paced team strategy mod introducing new multiplayer elements that infuse an intensity and depth into already celebrated multiplayer game-types. In addition to the portentous multiplayer content, the single and coop modes will immerse all types of players and offer a new perspective on counter-terrorism. You'll be on the edge of your seat...

Choose your Player Configuration & Get ready for Action!

LA_Ingame01.jpg

Shredded Sails
http://www.teravisiongames.com/ss.html

This game Mod was developed for two main purposes:
1-Display our abilities to develop next generation assets.
2-To have a sample of our capacity to work with a next gen game engine, following a QA process that ensures that the assets we create work smoothly within your game engine.

img_3.jpg

Ballocks
http://ballocks.ofn.dk/

Ballocks is a total conversion originally inspired by the 1986 movie "Critters".
You play the role of a Ballock, a small hairy creature with a craving for female blood. The Ballocks race is evolved from the men into selfreproducing animals that lives in dark forrests and has no need for women. Meanwhile the women of the planet has hardly evolved, but they have grown fond of pink laser weapons, and they are indeed dangerous.
Your goal is to free your ancestor who is kept alive by the females in order to serve as a sperm donor.

14749.jpg

Mammouth Party
http://mammouthparty.free.fr/en/

Mammouth Party is a delirium mod (based on HL²) using the Source engine : 4 primitives clans (the teams) have to find the greatest amount of meat outside of their base camp and to bring it back in the clan's pot. The 4 clans are ennemies, all the characters have the same skills to avoid balance problems between the characters.
The meat is obtained by killing animals tripsing round on the maps: mammoths, caribous...

52fbd691f666655d181b1156d7041.jpg

Age of Chivalry
http://www.age-of-chivalry.com/

Age of Chivalry is a total conversion for Half-Life 2 currently being developed by Team Chivalry. We are a close group of friends who are dedicated to creating a fun story driven multiplayer experience set in a fantasy world in the medieval ages. We are creating a fast paced and fun first person melee combat system that will take the player to a new level of immersion. The players will be able to take part in sieges, town raids and open war in a story driven game.

thumbmoty_49083.jpg

Dragonball Source
http://www.preknown.com/dbsource/index.php

DB:Source (Dragonball Source) or DBS is a Half-Life 2 Modification based on the hit Anime/Manga, Dragonball Z.

This game will feature Multiplayer with fast paced FPS style gamplay in third or first person (gamers choice), and it will also encorporate RPG elements into the game so that you can upgrade attacks and your characters stats.

goku1-med.jpg

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Holy, shit... awesome rezuth, a thousand thanks, all of those look so amazing that I am downloading them. And if you have more, then please share them, because I am loving this! :D

Decado

Anyone mentioned SDMOD? That thing is just messed up. VERY open...but takes a while to adjust the settings as per your preference.

rezuth

Relix said:
Holy, shit... awesome rezuth, a thousand thanks, all of those look so amazing that I am downloading them. And if you have more, then please share them, because I am loving this! :D
Added more :) Just for you

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
rezuth said:
Added more :) Just for you

Holy shit you are my hero. WOW, over 5GBs of Mods downloaded in just one day. Really, THANKS a lot, this is why this thread was created. If you have anymore, you can keep adding them =P. Shit, i have finals this week, you are screwing up my studying time :lol

Ferrio said:
I really wish Alien Swarm source would come out. It was easily my favorite mod for UT2k4

I just got UT anthology, maybe a should make a thread about UT 2004 mods. I have to try out that one still.

Jenga

Banned
bigmit3737 said:
Holy Shit. I love you too.

I just tried out Zombie Master. It was really odd. We have to hit a ball through the goal while avoiding zombies.
Soccer map. The maps for ZM have a wide range of objections.

bigmit3737 said:
I just got UT anthology, maybe a should make a thread about UT 2004 mods. I have to try out that one still.
Actually, I'm pretty much in the dark when it comes to UT04 mods. I'd appreciate a UT04 mod thread

rezuth

Half-Life 2: Wars
http://hl2wars.hlrse.net/

Half-Life 2: Wars is a Realtime Strategy modification in the hl2 universum.
The mod is has most basic features you would exspect from a rts game, including unit control, objectives, mission

structure, rts navigation and a fog of war. To gain resources, there are points that can be captured, and generate a

slow income. Mapping documentation is also available on the forum.
Base building is not possible yet, but will follow in the next release. Same for fully worked out sides and

multiplayer.

media2_thumb.jpg

Eternal Silence
http://www.eternal-silence.net/index.php

Eternal-Silence 2 is a multiplayer modification of the Source (Half-Life 2) engine created by VALVe Software. The

mod puts you in the role of a soldier helping to fight the war between the United Terran Forces (UTF) and Neo

Galactic Militia (NGM). The mod allows for extremely open-ended gameplay, allowing you to fight fast-paced dog

fights in space, bombard an enemy capital ship with a heavy payload, or invade the enemy capital ship by foot and

attack from the inside.

thumbmoty_45409.jpg

Obsidian Conflict
http://www.obsidianconflict.com/

Obsidian Conflict is a cooperative modification created for Half-Life 2. It is a community based mod with focus on

fun, cooperative, and physics-related puzzles. The mod has an open story, but is still set in the Half-Life 2

universe.

oc_umizuri_g0004.jpg

Weekday Warrior
http://students.guildhall.smu.edu/~weekdaywarrior/contents/html/home.html

Set inside a modern corporate office environment the player takes on the persona of Doug Smith, a very bored

man with the untapped potential for greatness. Because of Doug’s status as a corporate drone, the only way for him

to explore his potential is to fantasize himself into a more exciting life. Doug, as an avid comic book fan,

particularly likes to imagine himself as a character called The Mongoose, a James Bond like super-spy. Enter a plot

from the upstairs office that could get Doug and all his co-workers fired and suddenly the player will have to

navigate Doug through the drama and political struggle that ensues. Doug has the will to save his office, if only he

had the means. Can Doug save all his coworkers from certain doom? Or actually, who cares about the rest of them, can

he save himself? The Mongoose could do it…can you?

s_ww_20060623_4_tn.jpg

Half-Life 2 Missing Information
http://www.vgpro.com/file/10850_MI_14_Install.msi.html

This mod is a recreation of the E3 demonstrations that were shown to promote the game.A chance to play cut levels

such as the one on Borealis.

582864_20041110_embed027.jpg

Art of Ascension
http://aoa.gamemod.net/

Art of Ascension is a free RPG modification for Half-Life 2. Art of Ascension combines the spirit of online role

playing games with the faster battling pace of classical first-person shooters. Players increase their character's

level and enhance their abilities by battling to gain experience. With higher levels comes training points to

upgrade their weapons and attributes.

grenade-dm_runoff0035.jpg

Leon’s Coastline to Atmosphere
http://www.planetphillip.com/posts/leons-coastline-to-atmosphere-single-player-half-life-2-mod/

This mod continues the story where Half-Life 2 finished and offers one possible scenario. After the big

explosion you fall to the ground and are very badly injured. Some people find you and take you home to a small

village outside the city where the citadel was built. After 3 months you’re strong again and want to fight on.

You have never seen Alyx or any of the others since the explosion. But you try to find new people that will fight

with you against Breen. Nobody wants to help, some are afraid, others think that Breen has learned his lesson and

won’t start again. It also seems that most of his organization was lost in the explosion. Then you hear that along

the coast Breen is starting again and trying to take control again. So you decide to go to the coast. There you take

a little boat and go along the coast so the Combine won’t notice you coming.

sml-leons-cta-image-61.jpg

Gutter Runners
http://gr.hl2files.com/

Gutter Runners is a first person shooter Half-Life 2 modification that brings you face to face with your opponents

in the city of Skavo and the surrounding areas. Human forces must defend the city at all costs while the stealthy

rats attempt to invade.
Gutter Runners was originally designed as a “fast mod” to be completed in a couple of weeks. As Mattias and Niclas

continued to work on the mod they realized it could become much more than
just one man and one rat. The mod began to evolve as new ideas and concepts were implemented culminating in the

Gutter Runners you see here today.
Now players can choose from six different classes in all and play across multiple battlegrounds. The defending human

forces consist of the watchman, marksman, and assassin, while the infiltrating rat forces have access to the

stalker, warlock, and defiler classes. Each class is armed with unique weapons ranging from a standard sword to a

lightning shooting claw. Battles are fought on the streets, rooftops and gutters in and around Skavo.

Globadier_ingame_ss02.jpg

SMOD: TACTICAL
http://www.smod-tactical.com/

SMOD Tactical is a modification of SMOD(Super Mod) for Half-Life2. This mod is meant for people who enjoy

"realistic" military games like "Rainbow 6", "Operation Flash point", "Red Orchestra", "Infiltration, etc.

thumbmoty_49353.jpg

Iris the Game
http://tomsweb.dk/Projekter/Irisenglish/tabid/62/Default.aspx

The game is an adventure game in which you control a woman in a world where something is totally wrong. Our heroine

has a special ability that allows her to jump back to her childhood. In order to solve the main mystery you will

have to explore this special ability to solve a number of puzzles.

08%20Restaurant.jpg

Synergy
http://www.planetdawson.com/synergy/

Synergy is, as the name suggests, a cooperative Half-Life 2 mod. Synergy was previously known as two separate mods,

"DC Coop 2" and "DevCoop". We merged and are now bringing you the best cooperative experience possible.

The main objective in Synergy, is for all players to complete the given objectives for each level; Escape, Assault,

Defend, etc. You work together as a team to finish the level.

Synergy also supports Deathmatch and Teamplay (Combine vs. Rebels). We encourage the use of NPCs in all levels, even

if it's Deathmatch. We try to give the level artists much more customizability than Half-Life 2 already provides.

You can see the Features list for details.

hl2spc_03.jpg

CSS SCI FI
http://www.amphibian.myzen.co.uk/css_sci_fi/

CSS SCI FI is a single-player mod for Half-Life 2. Using the latest version of SMOD, which is included, the mod puts

the player through 27 intense combat missions set in Counter-Strike: Source maps. Each map contains a unique

scripted scenario which is enhanced by random scripting so that the game is never the same twice. Players will fight

everything from Striders to slave Vortigaunts, plus a range of Combine enemies armed with many new weapons.

cs_militia0044.jpg

DoomEd
http://www.desq.co.uk/doomed/index.aspx

DoomEd is a single-player first person shooter learning game that combines science and history with FPS action,

taking players through the horror of bio-terrorism and WWII chemical experimentation gone wrong.

screen-home3.jpg

The Way
http://scurvylobster.googlepages.com/home

You are The Bard. Honouring the tradition of your people, you have come to the ruins of old Kc'tall to face

The World-Eater. Eons ago, in The Time of Legends, your people worshipped The World-Eater as Qu'tall, God of

conquest. In his name you subjugated an entire continent, countless cultures and vast lands. But left with nothing

more to conquer, Qu'tall went mad, turned inwards and swallowed whole his own people. Your tribe was the sole

survivor of the cataclysm. The Bards and Storytellers of the culture, you were sheltered by your patron God, Itotia,

God of Arts. It is in her honour that your people, once in each generation, send a Bard to face the World-Eater.

You wield The Instrument. You have mastered its sacred songs. Songs of power and beauty. So powerful they can

shatter stone, so beautiful they can lull even Gods to sleep.

theway01-full.jpg

Hypercube
http://www.cubedude89.com/hypercube.html

Hypercube: Source is a Half-Life 2 Deathmatch modification. It takes place in the same style of cube that was seen

in the movie "Cube 2: Hypercube". It has traps inspired from all three cube movies. The object of the game is to get

out of the cube alive any way possible.

166100ss_sm2.jpg

Follow Freeman
http://www.mercilessdevelopment.com/

This is a Cooperative mod of the award winning game Half-Life 2. This mod provides
multiple game modes to suit players of all ability levels and styles of play. After many years of experience,

playing as many coop games as possible (because we love them), we found
that the greatest game-play flaw in coop gaming was the fact that players have no
motivation to stay alive as when they die they can simply re-spawn and continue with no penalty, so we addressed

this issue with some new innovative ideas which we believe will be well received and give many hours of gaming fun

to all the Half-Life community. We will also release the resources that level designers need to add their own maps

to be played in any of our game modes.

ff_rlc_ravenholm_8_t.jpg

Kreedz Climbing
http://kzmod.com/news.php

Kreedz Climbing or KZMOD is a Half-life 2 Modification game. To play it, you will only need to have the Half-life2

game installed.

Kreedz Climbing is a unique, Non-violent, puzzle-type, 3D-First Person game where the player attempts to climb or

jump his way to the top of any given environment, in a race against time and against other players. There are no

lock-n-load type weapons in this game. The player is equipped with a climbers tool which is primarily designed to

use against environmental obstructions that can be broken.

12173.jpg

BlockStorm
http://sdk-project.com/?cat=3

Everybody loves a bit of retro gaming and BlockStorm brings that back with the addition of some snazzy graphics. Two

modes are included, one based on Arkanoid (A Breakout clone) and another based on good old Pong. You’ll find your

mind drifting off to a time when games were simple, yet just as fun as anything today. What really tops it off is

the fact that not a single bit of source code was touched–BlockStorm is created entirely in the Hammer map editor!

thumb_50080.jpg

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Wow, Source is really great. So many cool games, thanks again Rezuth, you are my hero! (There goes my studying time, AGAIN).

Atrophis

Black Mesa still not been released? Damn its been a long time coming.

Kreedz climbing is great and totally unique. Has some nice maps that are really challanging. Climbing up really deep caves and all over buildings and such. Last i heard though the guy who ran the mod had his hard drive crash and he lost everything because it wasnt backed up? I shall be installing again tonight if its been resurected.

Jenga

Banned
ThaiGrocer said:
Dystopia definitely was an impact for me. Play it! and when it's upgraded to the newer source SDk, play it again! :D
It will? I'll definitely be around for it then, more people play whenever an update comes along. and god knows dystopia needs more players.

Top Bottom