• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who's getting the Wii U version of COD Ghosts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wii U Pro controller is the best controller i've ever used for a shooter.

Same here. I honestly like it better than the hands-on time I've had with the DS4. Feels a lot more solid, and the triggers are still nicer.

I played about 50hours of online gameplay and thoroughly enjoyed it, but the small community allowed me to demolish fools online. I'm not even elite, but i don't suck. I'm a normal 1.4ish K/D guy on 360 and only play TDM. I was straight up beasting on Wii U because the competition really isn't as good since the online community was only about 3-5K online at once, so better players dominate more. made me feel good, but it also made it stale.

It's the opposite for me. I'm lucky to average a 1:1 on the U, so the lower barrier to entry is a major plus.

I'm probably gonna be hamburger in Shadowfall.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Assuming the game is a solid port like Black Ops 2 was, I think I'll pick this up for Wii U. In the last title, I got some great use out of off-TV play, and when using the TV I could switch to wiimote-nunchuck for better precision. The online was solid, but unpopulated in BO2 for Wii U. You could always get a deathmatch going, but rarely any of the other modes. I think Ghosts will sell better on the current install base. I am just going to assume it will be a solid port, but has any Wii U footage been released?
Define "solid".

The Wii U version of Blops 2 ran slower than any other version of the game. It matched the Xbox 360 version resolution wise but performance was much slower overall. That's not even taking into account the tiny player base.

It wasn't a great port by any means.

That said, I would imagine after a year that Ghosts will actually run better on Wii U than Blops 2 ever did. It should be a very decent version of the game. I doubt it will match the 360 version performance wise but it should be very close.

dark10x

Yep. Might be a multiplatform title, but you can only get pointer controls on one system.
THAT is actually kind of strange to me as the Move is as much an accessory for PS4 as the Wii-mote is an accessory for Wii U. Neither motion controller is included with the system.

Malvingt2

Are there other things missing only in the Wii U version?

Probably DLC's and

Coming from the official FAQ...

Q: Why is there a new Clan system for Call of Duty®: Ghosts?

A: Clans in Call of Duty®: Ghosts will include deeper in-game integration and more features, from in-game Clan Management and Clan–specific playlists to the all-new Call of Duty® Clan Wars game mode available in the new Call of Duty® app. This year also introduces cross-platform Clans, allowing players to create and/or join a single Call of Duty®: Ghosts Clan across the following platforms: including Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®4 and Windows PC.

Emmanuel Bagirov @BagirovEmmanuel
@OneOfSwords Why is the Wii U excluded from the clans feature in your FAQ?

Dan Amrich [1oS] @OneOfSwords
@BagirovEmmanuel I am basing it on this document, which does not list Wii U as supported by the Clans system: http://ow.ly/qgyzT
9:14 PM - 28 Oct 2013

Define "solid".

The Wii U version of Blops 2 ran slower than any other version of the game. It matched the Xbox 360 version resolution wise but performance was much slower overall. That's not even taking into account the tiny player base.

That said, I would imagine after a year that Ghosts will actually run better on Wii U than Blops 2 ever did. It should be a very decent version of the game. I doubt it will match the 360 version performance wise but it should be very close.

Nobody in the real world gave a shit about the DF nitpicks. It was a quality port.

Define "solid".

- wiimote
- Off tv play
- Local multi player on game pad and on tv simulatneously

Bits of info regarding the WiiU version from: http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200787850#.UnFY0xCYYnE

- Treyarch's Wii U Dev Team is the same Dev Team that brought Black Ops 2 to the Wii U. We didn't create a completely different game for the Wii U

- Wii Remote - same as BO2 with a handful of fixes/adjustments left over from BO2 feedback. Nothing major, so you should be good to go

- Headset support will be the same

- Netcode improves from project to project. I'm hoping to see improvements on this title

- Our version was optimized for the highest quality Wii U experience

What resolution is the game running at? And are the graphics current gen, inbetween, or close to next gen?
Can't answer this one.

Is the look acceleration option from BO2 returning? The turning on MW3's CCP was a bit unpleasant and having the option to turn it off is fantastic
Look acceleration - yes

Does this game have footsteps?
Yes

Does the Wii U version run at 60 FPS or at least close to it?
Yes

Frodo

If it is a solid port as BLOPS II was, with pointer controls and multiplayer on two screens and whatnot I might get it.

At least I won't have to pay to play online (not that I play online much anyway. I guess that haven't been a game I played online for more than one hour since Mass Effect 3).

Edit: oh! Look at this post above me! Looks like the port is going to be good! :D

trixx

Already preordered and waiting.

It was a pleasure playing BO2 on the gamepad.

5 player local.

there is no 5 player local in BO2. The game cannot do split screen on gamepad when more than 2 people are playing which is bs cause Sega racing has 5 player support

THAT is actually kind of strange to me as the Move is as much an accessory for PS4 as the Wii-mote is an accessory for Wii U. Neither motion controller is included with the system.
lol...move? For pointer controls?

For someone who so adamantly preaches about performance, why would you bring up move?

gogoud

I might get it but a few months down the road once they announce whether not we will get the dlcs or not. Blops2 was fantastic on wiiu. A lot less of that mature 360 crowd but still pleasantly enjoyable online. Also pointer controls...

Isnt treyarch handling the wiiu port?

Btw its funny how treyarch now is considered the better dev compared to infinity ward.

If trey is handling the port, that's good... but i'm still doubtful of the game since it's IW that made it and Trey is porting their stuff. I hope it's a good version.

I do find it funny as well. I remember the "IW >>>> Trey" days back when world at war came out. IW isn't really the same team as they were years ago and Trey was never garbage at CoD. I loved their iterations in the series.

Jrs3000

I might but I'll probably stick to xbox since my friends are on it and they don't have the clan support for wii U for whatever reason. It kills me nintendo doesn't help advertise these games for their system.

Shauni

I'm debating it. All of the friends I play with either aren't getting Ghost or are upgrading the next gen. The lack of DLC is a minus, but the map packs are always hit or miss, and I didn't even buy the last few BLOPS II ones. The small community worries me, too.

But I am enjoying my Wii U and am looking for more things to play on it. Off TV play is fun, too, be cool to just chill in bed and play a couple of rounds.

dark10x

Nobody in the real world gave a shit about the DF nitpicks. It was a quality port.
Uhh, I gave a shit the day I bought it before any comparisons were made. It ran much worse than I expected.

lol...move? For pointer controls?

For someone who so adamantly preaches about performance, why would you bring up move?
Honestly, I had more fun with the pointer controls in Killzone 3 than any other pointer based shooter to date. I thought it felt absolutely incredible.

actually wii remotes will be included with lots of wii u systems very soon
They weren't from the beginning, however, which is the point.

Effect

I prefer pointer controls but I'm not sure yet. The Wii U version doesn't seem to be getting the FreeFall map and I think that's going to hurt adoption which already is going to be an issue. Population was a real issue for me as I enjoy playing a lot of the other types of matches. I simply couldn't play them on the Wii U due to the population. That's a big part of why I sold my copy. I'm very close to possibly getting the PS3 version instead. It might come down to a coin toss in the end unless I see something, anything that gives the impression things are going to be okay population wise.

LtOrange

The lack of support and small community for Black OPs 2 really left a bad taste in my mouth. The gamepad support was awesome though and might be worth it alone.

Claneko

I'm getting it. Had a lot of fun playing BO2 with my brother when he visits us and the advantage of having our own screens and going online together was great. I would buy for PS4, but I only recently decided I wanted one of those and don't see myself being able to get one anytime soon if it ends up being hard to find. Heck, the primary reason I bought the Pro Controller was for Call of Duty as I use the gamepad for every other game.

Same here. I honestly like it better than the hands-on time I've had with the DS4. Feels a lot more solid, and the triggers are still nicer.

It's the opposite for me. I'm lucky to average a 1:1 on the U, so the lower barrier to entry is a major plus.

I'm probably gonna be hamburger in Shadowfall.

hahaha. playing on wii u was a super ego booster once i learned the maps. i was pulling double my 360 K/D and my accuracy was up to (that one is thanks to the pro controller).

NateDrake

I'm getting it. Played a ton of BO2 on Wii U and love the use of the GamePad with the game. Ghosts for Wii U was an obvious chose for me. Hope the online community grows with Ghosts.

If trey is handling the port, that's good... but i'm still doubtful of the game since it's IW that made it and Trey is porting their stuff. I hope it's a good version.

I do find it funny as well. I remember the "IW >>>> Trey" days back when world at war came out. IW isn't really the same team as they were years ago and Trey was never garbage at CoD. I loved their iterations in the series.

World at war was a damn fine game. It was kind of underrated when IW was considered to be the best thing ever (as cod4 was great) but it was apparent once MW2 shipped that treyarch is better.

gemoran4

I'd get it, but while i enjoyed BLOPs 2 i did feel a bit burned on it in terms of DLC and low player base. Even at it's peak population it was tough playing all the game modes, and while I understand why they didn't add additional COD maps, it still was a little disappointing.

I also have a lot of games I want to buy this holiday, unlike last year where there wasn't a lot to choose from that I particularly excited about.

Nicko

If I get it, will get for Wii U. Currently have a decent backlog, so will most likely not get until Christmas/early next year.

I was surprised how much I enjoyed BLOPS II on Wii U. I would consider myself a novice to intermediate level player, so it was fun actually being able to run around the levels and get some pretty good kill streaks. I am just no where near the level of most players on 360, so my K/D ratio was crap and I would barely be able to explore the maps due to getting killed so fast.

I expect Ghosts to sell significantly better than BLOPS II, simply because it's coming out on all consoles simultaneously, instead of months later like the last game.

Dicer

Banned
Nope. Looks shit :)

Junior morons in full effect, since we have seen zero footage...

OT: Yes, I had fun with Blops2 on Wiiu despite missing extra maps and shit (such bullshit btw) they did patch it along the way which is good, just need to still get used to 60fps pointer aiming.

JCX

I'd like to try a demo first, but I am strongly considering it. I am abysmal with dual sticks aiming, so the wiimote aiming would be nice.

prag16

Banned
Define "solid".

The issues were limited to the single player campaign. The online was not affected. Anecdotally, two friends of mine played BOTH and PS3 and Wii U versions extensively and they both said the Wii U version was a much smoother online experience.

Rizsparky

This thread has got me rather excited for Ghosts on the Wii u. Anyone pre-ordered this in the UK? I cant find a good price other than the extortionate £43.99 on amazon..

I really enjoyed BOPS II on Wii U, so I'll probably pick up Ghosts at some point. Dat off screen play/pointer controls=good shii

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
My yearly ritual of pointer aiming fraging. A tradition since MP3, how can I miss it? Specially since looks like it's the only avenue left. The day pointer aiming is gone is the day I'm done with console FPSes for good. I might sill give them a chance on Mobile.

Zalman

If I was getting the game at all, I would probably get it for Wii U. Pointer controls + off TV play > slightly better graphics.

prag16

Banned
"Once you realize what a joke the wii u is, being the comedian is the only thing that makes sense"

Some of us have our big boy pants on and are discussing a topic that interests many of us.

Others do not, and are here only to be goofy internet tough guys.

Less of the latter, more of the former, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom