• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | November 2013 | Tearaway into a new world

cyborg009

Banned
Thats how I did it. I split them up and defeated one and then went after the other.
I have no idea on leviathan.

If I had to pick the twin griffin and phoenix quest was the hardest.

10711214636_ccaf27cc6b_c.jpg

Oh btw I am 25/75 build.

ugh I hated that mission.

But did you try the dlc bosses?

Someone please convince me to get a Vita :( having doubts over games and memory stick prices but I think I still really want one

I don't understand this attitude. It's a 1 time cost, for the most part. Just make sure you do your research and buy the one that best suits your needs. There are deals on cards if it's that much of an issue. Hell, I'm selling my 32gb card over in the BST thread for anyone interested. :p

The only time the memory should be a factor is if you *plan* on juggling memory cards and want to have 2+ for reasons of multiple accounts or something, I guess. Otherwise, it's simple enough -- figure out what you think you need. Double it. Buy that card at the best price you can find and stick to retail if you're worried about it. ;)

With all that said, the system is fantastic. I haven't really touched any other console in months. It's amazing and I can't recommend it enough.

fuck me sideways, bought Super Stardust Delta and EDF 2017

Bought Dragon's Crown against my better judgement.

I'm spending too much time with it while neglecting my assignments.!

Good choices all around. Bravo.

Thanks for that. All the previous talk of customs had me a bit worried

Mine got stuck in customs for a few days, but that was it.
I think if you do a more expedient service, you'll be fine (I went with SAL - Registered).

nampad

First game of the localization effort from Sony?

You're one to talk, Mr. "I abandoned EDF for Dragon's Crown and left Frost all alone". :p

It's more like "why does frost live in a third world country where they are awake when I sleep?" Sorry bro but the time difference is brutal sometimes. I also moved from Dragon's Crown (need to get back to it) to Muramasa (need to finish Kisuke campaign), Batman, Proteus and now Castlestorm and have several games in the backlog just for the Vita, not to mention my consoles, which I haven't really played for ages.

Still need to get back to the game and finally start playing Palewing though so it will happen. BTW, we wanted to play LBP or did you already finish trophies?
I can only play in your afternoon like now. Actually, I have an hour to kill before watching the football game. EDF, Dragon's Crown, Killzone?

I've been really lazy about that recently.
What's your ID again? I'll add you tonight.

Same as here, nampad. With the friends limitraised I can finally add even more Vitagaffers.

DagsJT

Dragon's Crown on "sale" for £31.49? Meh, kinda expected a bit more than £3.50 off for something costing £34.99 to begin with.

killatopak

Gold Member
ugh I hated that mission.

But did you try the dlc bosses?
I have defeated every DLC boss at level 5. :p except the gods.

Iron maiden is my favorite from the bunch. She is brutal and so fast.

Damn. You guys make it sound like SS solo is pretty hard. I have the game but I don't have an online pass so I can't go online. Some tips to a beginner would be nice.

Same as here, nampad. With the friends limitraised I can finally add even more Vitagaffers.

Maybe you can add me too? :)

Makes me wonder. Why don't we have another lists of PSN IDs of VitaGAF members since the friend limit has increased?

Redhood

Damn. You guys make it sound like SS solo is pretty hard. I have the game but I don't have an online pass so I can't go online. Some tips to a beginner would be nice.

Its not that hard provided you are using the right sigils and spells for each boss.

I would say the off all avalon pacts only chapter 9 and 10 are the ones that are a bit hard. Rest all are easy peasy.

The PSO2 localization situation is borderline criminal. It's videogame high crime on a colossal scale. If there's been anything worse than this, it's not coming to mind.

killatopak

Gold Member
Its not that hard provided you are using the right sigils and spells for each boss.

I would say the off all avalon pacts only chapter 9 and 10 are the ones that are a bit hard. Rest all are easy peasy.

Is it easier if I play it 'solo' or real solo like no companions with me? I heard the A.I. will do dumb stuff later on but so far they've been meat shields for me.

The PSO2 localization situation is borderline criminal. It's videogame high crime on a colossal scale. If there's been anything worse than this, it's not coming to mind.

Grand Knights History. Fully translated but was cancelled a month before the intended release.

nampad

Makes me wonder. Why don't we have another lists of PSN IDs of VitaGAF members since the friend limit has increased?

Well, I would need your ID for that ;)

We already had several lists going around and they always die pretty soon. Guess it has something to do with Lurkers and overall people losing interst.

I have to say that you should get an online pass. Soul Sacrifice is much better online.

cyborg009

Banned

http://www.destructoid.com/soul-sacrifice-tips-and-starter-guide-252680.phtml

Use monster elemental weakness and when its in (elemtal weakness hell) hit it with that elemental weakness. For example harpy is weak against fire and when it goes into burning hell hit it with a ice attack to stun it.

killatopak

Gold Member
Well, I would need your ID for that ;)

We already had several lists going around and they always die pretty soon. Guess it has something to do with Lurkers and overall people losing interst.

I have to say that you should get an online pass. Soul Sacrifice is much better online.

Yes, I'll finally have 3 friends. Imagine how happy I am.

PSN: killatopak312

Nah, I'm getting PS+ instead since I haven't subscribed yet. I was hoping some guys buying a PS4 with an existing PS+ subscription will give me his 2 weeks trial so I can have time to make some money to buy a real subscription. Besides its free on NA PSN PS+.

http://www.destructoid.com/soul-sacrifice-tips-and-starter-guide-252680.phtml

Use monster elemental weakness and when its in (elemtal weakness hell) hit it with that elemental weakness. For example harpy is weak against fire and when it goes into burning hell hit it with a ice attack to stun it.

I think I've done that to a boss already and there's no explosion or something. There was an effect like freezing then I used a fire type spell but I don't see the difference. Does it only work if the element used is a weakness of the boss or can you pull it off when you have that hell effect on any monster?

I think I've done that to a boss already and there's no explosion or something. There was an effect like freezing then I used a fire type spell but I don't see the difference. Does it only work if the element used is a weakness of the boss or can you pull it off when you have that hell effect on any monster?

Hitting something in Frozen Hell with fire does nothing.
Hitting it with lightning, on the other hand... BOOM.
At least, I think that's what works, if I remember correctly.

You hit Frozen Hell with bolt.
You hit Infernal Hell with ice.
You hit Shocking Hell with stone.
You hit Petrified Hell with venom.
You hit Venomous Hell with fire.

killatopak

Gold Member
Hitting something in Frozen Hell with fire does nothing.
Hitting it with lightning, on the other hand... BOOM.
At least, I think that's what works, if I remember correctly.

You hit Frozen Hell with bolt.
You hit Infernal Hell with ice.
You hit Shocking Hell with stone.
You hit Petrified Hell with venom.
You hit Venomous Hell with fire.

Oh, so that's where I'm wrong. I guess my life long knowledge on ice being weak to fire on RPGs are useless on this game.

marrec

Banned
Alright, I caved and pre-ordered a physical copy of Tearaway.

Last game I preordered was Diablo III.

I love Diablo III

Oh, so that's where I'm wrong. I guess my life long knowledge on ice being weak to fire on RPGs are useless on this game.

hahaha, yeah, that one gets a little confusing -- but for the most part, it's more of ice = water. ;)

water (ice) extinguishes fire.
fire burns wood (venom).
lighting electrocutes water (ice).
stone disspates lightning.
Plants/roots (venom) crack stone.

What's the difference?

Phantasy Star is a popular series of video games by Sega dating back to the late '80s. After a long hiatus, Sega brought back Phantasy Star in the form of the first online RPG for consoles to modest success, and in the 10+ years since it's release, became a revered classic. By popular demand, Sega released PSO2 for the PC and Vita but it only saw release in Japan, neglecting the fanbase around the world for no good reason.

Grand Knights History is a very good Vanillaware game that unfortunately didn't get released outside of Japan because they were too busy making their new game.

killatopak

Gold Member
hahaha, yeah, that one gets a little confusing -- but for the most part, it's more of ice = water. ;)

water (ice) extinguishes fire.
fire burns wood (venom).
lighting electrocutes water (ice).
stone disspates lightning.
Plants/roots (venom) crack stone.

Haha, yeah, I got confused. Thanks for the list. Now I'll know how to beat them bosses easier.

Phantasy Star is a popular series of video games by Sega dating back to the late '80s. After a long hiatus, Sega brought back Phantasy Star in the form of the first online RPG for consoles to modest success, and in the 10+ years since it's release, became a revered classic. By popular demand, Sega released PSO2 for the PC and Vita but it only saw release in Japan, neglecting the fanbase around the world for no good reason.

Grand Knights History is a very good Vanillaware game that unfortunately didn't get released outside of Japan because they were too busy making their new game.

Oh, didn't know PS was revived. I thought it was a very active title seeing them release many of the PS games on the PSP.

Grand Knights History not coming over still pains me

Such a great title and would have done really well in Vita's drought period (when it was supposed to release)

Could you imagine having a gorgeous online conquest jrpg in that timeframe?

Grand Knights History not coming over still pains me

Such a great title and would have done really well in Vita's drought period (when it was supposed to release)

Could you imagine having a gorgeous online conquest jrpg in that timeframe?

It was disappointing for sure, but at least in that case we got Dragon's Crown as a consolation prize.

Anyone import PSO2? Is it doable, like on the PC?

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
can't wait to hear your impressions and see if gaf-hype failed you or not.

Oh? What did you get!? Tell us!
I'd love to. But, my Vita is doing this thing where it decides that it's randomly out of battery and then turns off, and then when I turn it back on, it's full. I think it might have started with 3.0 and I already did the "Rebuild Database" thing.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
It was disappointing for sure, but at least in that case we got Dragon's Crown as a consolation prize.

Anyone import PSO2? Is it doable, like on the PC?

Phantasy star online 2, other than the localization itself, needs online infrastructures, so it's understandable why it doesn't come to vita(way less on pc though).

Type 0 is my pain, it was the best final fantasy of the gen and it was already partially localized...

Tygamr

One of my friends picked up Killzone: Mercenary, and we've been playing the multiplayer together, but dang does the match making system suck when playing with friends. Majority of the time, we end up on opposite teams, and there isn't any way to switch teams... So annoying. Party doesn't make any difference at all. The only thing I've found that works most of the time is to join a public game, wait for someone else to join, and then have a friend join using the join friend function. It really is a pain though, because you need to join a room with three empty spots...

Yasumi

Banned
Waiting for AmiAmi to put up the new Vita bundles. ¥22,000 isn't bad for a system + 16GB memory card and the PS1 Toro game.

Is there a list of regular Vita players from GAF and their PSN ID's?

I second this. I'd love to have some more GAF friends to play games with.

On a different note, I just got Batman through Gamefly this afternoon, and I gotta say, I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. I will say, though, I'm
following the Penguins blood trail right now, and I'm wondering if it opens up any further later on.

RalchAC

I have to say... I FUCKING HATE P4G RIGHT NOW T.T

I mean (spoilers, obviously)
how they kidnapped Nanako! She is the first child in a JRPG I loved (she is adorable and sometimes saddening D:) and they have to do this?

Those guys are evil... :(

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a list of regular Vita players from GAF and their PSN ID's?
We have one that gets passed around from time to time. For privacy purposes it gets posted in email tags since we've had random people from gamefaqs reading this board share the list publicly. Quote this post and go to the url in the email tag to visit it.

Tygamr

Thinking about trading in Need for Speed and Assassin's Creed. Should I do it? I already platinumed both, and can't see myself playing them again anytime soon. Need for Speed is good, but I've done every race so many times that I honestly don't have much of a desire to play it. Assassin's Creed: Liberation I've beaten twice (due to the save glitch), and there's the enhanced HD remake coming, so it's not like I'd ever play it again (I wanna get the HD version). If I kept them, it'd pretty much be for collection's sake.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Thinking about trading in Need for Speed and Assassin's Creed. Should I do it? I already platinumed both, and can't see myself playing them again anytime soon. Need for Speed is good, but I've done every race so many times that I honestly don't have much of a desire to play it. Assassin's Creed: Liberation I've beaten twice (due to the save glitch), and there's the enhanced HD remake coming, so it's not like I'd ever play it again (I wanna get the HD version). If I kept them, it'd pretty much be for collection's sake.
No reason to collect games you don't like when you could put them towards a new game that you do like.

nicolajNN

For those asking for list of VitaGaffers if you go back to post 60 of this thread Aytrial linked to a spreadsheet with names.

Feel free to send me a friend request(PSN ID same as gaf username) just remember to state that you're from VitaGaf

EDIT: or just look at perorist's post further up :(

omg_mjd

Excited for Project Diva f. Still a couple of trophies short of the Plat in the JP version but I don't mind playing through the US version again. I hope they bring in the DLC or include it as part of the package.

Top Bottom