• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Only possible on Xbox One"

RdN

It's an exclusive title, so only possible TO PLAY on Xbox One.

It's the truth and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
I know no one wants to hear about the cloud, but this is the game who has been using it the most. Drivatars sound awesome.

Well it turns out you were wrong. It's just a bunch of posts saying the same thing.
True.
oh look another MS bash thread.
Wrong, not my intention. Just bringing next-gen's version of "Only On" to people's attention. I don't have allegiances I'm afraid.
So what is there to discuss? This falls into the same realm as a car company saying "best SUV." That phrase isn't necessarily true, but marketing is allowed to use it so long as they don't get too specific.
And if this was a car forum, we might be discussing that :)

I thought Microsoft's latest marketing strategy might make for some interesting discussion.

1kyVfUX.jpg

Cloud anyone? It's clearly next-gen's
xbox-only-logo-ylw.gif

1371234169.jpg

Ominym

Banned
In this thread, we learn basic marketing principles that every single industry and company uses. But try to shit on Microsoft exclusively for doing them.

NinjaBoiX

How? Forza is exclusive to MS, hence only possible on Xbox One.
Semantics. The implication is clearly that this game is only technically possible on Xbox One.

I'm not sure if that's true or not, but it's clearly the intended conclusion, the other statement is entirely superfluous as it's platform exclusive.

Only on Xbox was a much better marketing line imo.

No matter what pr MS throws at us, saying that this game cannot be made for a competing (more powerful at that) console is just laughable.

No, that means its only available on the Xbox One. Meh, semantics I guess. Microsoft are clearly trying to insinuate that the Xbox One is so powerful this game can only run on it. But hey, marketing. Slight grey area though in my opinion.

Didn't Sony do that several times with the PS3? But we all know now that anything done on the PS3 is definitely possible on Xbox 360. So there you go, marketing!

Minyobi

As was stated, this kind of marketing has been around forever. It didn't just start now, and it sure as hell isn't exclusive to the video game industry.

frayne182

Banned
True.

Wrong, not my intention. Just bringing next-gen's version of "Only On" to people's attention. I don't have allegiances I'm afraid.

And if this was a car forum, we might be discussing that :)

It clearly looks like you are trying to spark a "lets bash what MS is doing thread"

Skeff

Why is this a thread?

It is only possible on Xbone though because of the driveatar feature.

The Drivatar feature is doable on any platform with servers, Forza could be made on PS4/XB1/PC It's only a marketing slogan but it's pretty stupid, Only on Xbox made much more sense. This will especially look stupid if they attempt to brand games such as Titaanfall/Zoo tycoon like this.

Super Mario 3D World is only possible on the Wii U

Gran Turismo 6 is only possible on the PS3

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds is only possible on the 3DS

I can go on.

TheCloud

Banned
Did somebody say Cloud?

Seriously though, you guys talk shit about cloud technology and I don't really understand why...at least not when it comes to gaming.

The future will likely see high graphics compute handled by server clusters, with clients remote accessing on tablets and other devices. Eliminating the need for a hardware box that loses its performance value as the years pass.

jred2k

We hear "only possible on/with the power of _______" about 15 times every E3 during the press conferences. It really is one of the more go to phrases marketers like to use.

Farsight

In a similar(ish) vein, anyone remember the UK Dreamcast campaign advertising its online play?

iaiDMsU.jpg

I remember Watchdog reporting on complaints about it at the time.

Top Bottom