• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OPERATION DEAD ANGELS: Bringing Bayonetta 1 to the Wii U

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Just buy a cheap X360 and the game. Play it, enjoy it, then sell it all off if you like. This isn't getting ported to the Wii U.

What's with all the Vita owners shitting Wii U threads? It's not Nintendo that pissed on their parade, it was Sony doing it. And you would think they have some empathy, as being in the another sinking boat.

If people want to play Bayonetta on their system and Kamiya said he could do it fast, who are you to say otherwise? Porting police?

i havent read every post here, so sorry if someone else stated it before, but didnt people say, if you want to play part 2 get a wii u to people being dissapointed about part 2 being wii u exclusiv?

well, how about everyone who wants to play part 1 plays it on a ps3 or 360?

The difference is that Bayonetta 2 is funded by Nintendo and exclusive to Wii U forever. Bayonetta 1 is not exclusive to a console, if it gets the funds it can be ported. Even more, the game's director posted on twitter about the possibility and his will to do so, while for Bayo 2 he hinted that it will be ported when Zelda and Mario will be, so never. A little bit of information on the subject you post wouldn't hurt.

Randam

i havent read every post here, so sorry if someone else stated it before, but didnt people say, if you want to play part 2 get a wii u to people being dissapointed about part 2 being wii u exclusiv?

Bayonetta 2 is funded by Nintendo and therefore exclusive.
The first game is not exclusive to any platform and can be ported to any other if funds are there.

Now leave.

To contribute even more, here's a logo for our awesome operation:

i5Mq4Bqtx2xXY.png

(I can produce this logo in any size possible, just ask if you need something bigger/smaller than this)

Good luck, I suppose. It's a good game.

It wasn't a great commercial success though even on much healthier platforms. At this stage I doubt there's much commercial potential for Bayonetta 2, let alone the original. So I can't see Nintendo greenlighting further investment.

Frodo

Well, I already did. On the PS3. Ages ago. But I want a new port, and I want to buy the game again. And it would also be good to familiarise Nintendo's fan base with the franchise.

And also because Kamiya wants it to happen.

very nice

I find it amusing that so many come into the thread just to shit on us lol but at least we have some truly helpful people helping out too

Ignore the haters and keep on doing what you're doing.
It's the only solution to survive this.

So many people simply don't understand that there are many people who DO want Bayonetta 2 but didn't even have the opportunity to play the awesome first game (I see MANY of them in Miiverse right now, actually), either because they didn't buy it for the 360 or PS3, or even because they didn't have either of these consoles and were stuck with a Wii and/or PC only.

This operation is meant for these people, as well as those who are willing to double dip simply to support Platinum Games and/or the Wii U. I personally want to support both.

If some ignorant people can't see that, then all I can do is feel sorry for them.

Frodo

To contribute even more, here's a logo for our awesome operation:

i5Mq4Bqtx2xXY.png

(I can produce this logo in any size possible, just ask if you need something bigger/smaller than this)

Omg! This is awesome!

I'll add it to the OP now, but I'm on my phone, so I won't be able to judge the size :p

Thank you so much! :D

akaoni

Banned
I don't get it... You've already played it right ? How does porting the same game on another system make you buy the said system right away? Sorry, I dont get it

It is 60fps on the X360.

Bayonetta runs like shit on PS3 and I've been very tempted to buy a 360 just to play a single game, so a Wii U version would be the icing on the cake as I need to buy the console anyway for other stuff.

It's kinda interesting to read that quite a lot of people own only a PS3 and not a 360 but don't want the PS3 version of Bayo1 due to technical reasons (although I heard some issues were fixed with a patch, yet the game still has blurry-ass textures and a sub-60 framerate?).

There should be quotes in the OP from users with that and similar issues as to why they didn't/couldn't experience the first game.

EDIT: This awesome thread made me forget that I still have Pacific Rim on pause! I hope there are more posts here after I finished watching it, OR ELSE! >:O

Frodo

It's kinda interesting to read that quite a lot of people own only a PS3 and not a 360 but don't want the PS3 version of Bayo1 due to technical reasons (although I heard some issues were fixed with a patch, yet the game still has blurry-ass textures and a sub-60 framerate?).

There should be quotes in the OP from users with that and similar issues as to why they didn't/couldn't experience the first game.

Loading times were fixed. The textures are still blurry, and frame rate drops a lot. It is playable, but when you see the 360 version, the PS3 one looks like a complete mess.

Good idea about the quotes. I'll add them later when I get home.

This feels like something Nintendo should have initiated without fans having to clamor for it.

Prof. Layton vs. Ace Attorney walks a similar way. The game should have gotten localized shortly after being released in Japan, yet we still have to wait till 2014 to get it and I don't even think it has been announced for the US yet.

There are MANY games that should be released either on this or that console/handheld or in the west, which are essentially no-brainers, but sometimes (like in this case) publishers and/or developers have to be made aware that there actually is a big enough audience for their franchise to make it worth bringing it over.

This is the nature of the industry, I am sure in a few years there will be a TITANFALL thread like this.

I am more upset at Nintendo for not doing this right in the first place. When they announced Bayonetta 2 was now a Wii U exclusive thing Bayonetta 1 would have been a Launch Window game. It would have set up PG to sell The Wonderful 101 better.

But no they are half-assing this like always. Nintendo fans have not played the original I know I have not.

this is not 1990 when you could walk to a Blockbuster Video and rent a console with your games.

I do not have the spare cash to go buy a 360 to play a game and then look for someone to buy my 360, I'm too lazy for shit like that. I don't even leave home I download all my games from eShop these days.

I am not going to troll PS4 fans and tell them go buy a PC or X1 if they want to play Titanfall because the port is a business decision made by multi-billion dollar companies.

The port of a game is easy they have the money. Paying $60 is easier for an average gamer than it is to spend a few thousand to own all consoles so they are not hurt by exclusive bullshit.

I never asked Bayo2 to be exclusive to Wii U it makes no sense to me it is a shitty thing companies do but it is such a stupid move to not provide Bayo1 to the same platform

Nintendo should have never funded this if we have to beg them for Part 1 it is just a stupid thing to do to your fans.

Gamerloid

Let's do this! They should release a Bayonetta Bundle with 1 & 2 if we succeed, that would be a good way to get hardcore gamers an incentive to purchase a Wii U.

Whatever the case, if we get this game we have to really make sure it sells well.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Let's do this! They should release a Bayonetta Bundle with 1 & 2 if we succeed, that would be a good way to get hardcore gamers an incentive to purchase a Wii U.

Whatever the case, if we get this game we have to really make sure it sells well.

Physical if there is a bundle please. I don't trust Nintendo with my ownership of my Bayo games.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity

EDIT: This awesome thread made me forget that I still have Pacific Rim on pause! I hope there are more posts here after I finished watching it, OR ELSE! >:O
I've played it for 60 hours on PS3. It's not a disaster. Yeah it's not as pretty as the 360 version and the framerate fluctuates a lot more but it's perfectly playable and *gasp* enjoyable.

Physical if there is a bundle please. I don't trust Nintendo with my ownership of my Bayo games.
This too.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
I think it's a good idea to port it but I have to admit that I probably wouldn't buy it unless it was super cheap. I've already played the game through multiple times on the 360 and I can't imagine they would spend any time adding extra stuff to make a purchase worthwhile.

Having said that, if those sneaky bastards included a demo of Bayonetta 2 on the disc then all I just said goes right out the window.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
They responded to the region-free campaign by country-locking the NNIDs. I guess they might cancel Bayonetta 2 after this operation ;//

The NNIDs were country locked from the beginning. The issue with the 3ds is that you can't have multiple NNIDs as on Wii U.

sörine

Banned
A cheap Bayonetta Climax Edition plus having Bayo playable in Smash 4 would he the best way to lead into Bayonetta 2 next fall. After Wonderful 101 did so terrible Nintebdo really has to do something to prepare an audience this time. Sort of like what Capcom did with MHG leading into Tri on Wii in Japan.

Drago

Yakuza is well established on PS platforms.
Then why didn't they bring over the PS3 version? :<

Anyways, hope something comes out of this. I don't currently have a 360, dont think I'll be getting another all that soon, and I'd really like to play the original game without having to play the bad PS3 port. A good WiiU port would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom