• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OPERATION DEAD ANGELS: Bringing Bayonetta 1 to the Wii U

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xav

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAADYUV6qe9Q-rg

Here's my contribution.

t9AOJ8i.png

popyea

Will absolutely buy. Off-tv play is so well suited to action games. You don't feel bad endlessly replaying something when you've got the screen to yourself.

-Horizon-

What's in it for Nintendo?

Build some fan base for Bayonetta on the Wii U before the second game comes out so that it might maybe sell better?

There might be Wii U / Wii only owners who have never played the game before who could be introduced to the series.

Rulp

When I clicked the first link in the op, I knew signing on would be the right thing to do. Done. I am going to go back to dreaming of an enhanced Bayonetta port.

Sakujou

Banned
the voices of the internet for this franchise was vital, but a tenth of you guys have played or bought the game. and thats the major problem.

joined the party already late in 2010 but was totally worth it. this is a true game.

i highly doubt that i will double dip, but i hope the few nintendo fans get a chance to play this on a nintendo console.

So looking around, the campaign's been posted at Sonic Stadium, Wii U IGN Boards, and GameFAQs' Wii U board.

Not too bad, but hopefully people are spreading elsewhere.

Edit: Tweeted to Emily Rogers, hope she passes it along.

jph139

Yeah, I'd be all over that - no real interest in Bayonetta 2 but I'd pick up the first one and if I enjoy it...

Hopefully at reduced price, but we'll see. My support is had!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

Really depends on the contract. Given SEGA's name being plastered over the Bayonetta 2 announcement, I think SEGA still retains ownership/rights to the franchise as a whole, even if Nintendo has licensing/publishing rights and exclusivity to Bayonetta 2 as an individual product.

Dremark

Banned
I'm not willing to put any effort into convincing Ninty into putting the game out on WiiU and even if I was I don't use social media anyway.

However if they do it I'll buy it and grab the second game if I like it. I passed on the original as the PS3 version was a mess.

Dremark

Banned
At a rough guess, 99.9999999% of people who want to play B1 have already. It'd be a waste of money. Nintendo need to spend that money on better things.

Honestly I could see a lot of WiiU owners not owning a 360 and not having the chance to play it before. Sure it's not money Ninty needs to spend but it could help grow the franchise and they have no shortage of money.

Besides it's not like much else is happening on the WiiU anyway.

At a rough guess, 99.9999999% of people who want to play B1 have already. It'd be a waste of money. Nintendo need to spend that money on better things.

That's a hell of a rough guess.
Especially with people still wanting a PC port.

Buuuuuuuuut 99.9999999% it is because reasons.

Really depends on the contract. Given SEGA's name being plastered over the Bayonetta 2 announcement, I think SEGA still retains ownership/rights to the franchise as a whole, even if Nintendo has licensing/publishing rights and exclusivity to Bayonetta 2 as an individual product.

I said no not because of IP ownership EC but because if it was up to SEGA no action would be what they do. Why would they pass on Bayo2 and go ahead on Bayo1 port for Wii U this late?

still Sega is a strange company

If the series is finished at Bayo2 which I think it will because I don't see PG wanting the IP to be tied down by SEGA it is even more reason for SEGA to be less excited to make moves for it.

The Anime did not look all that impressive to carry the brand forward

Nintendo said they want to growth the franchise, so I'm not sure if its finished after 2. Kamiya might not be interested in it, but there is still Hashimoto.

Nintendo said they want to growth the franchise, so I'm not sure if its finished after 2. Kamiya might not be interested in it, but there is still Hashimoto.

maybe they meant in context to why they funded Bayo2 when the project was all but dead?

I find it hard to see Nintendo growing any IP outside of Mario and Family

maybe they meant in context to why they funded Bayo2 when the project was all but dead?

I find it hard to see Nintendo growing any IP outside of Mario and Family

Nah it sounds like the want the franchise to become bigger and expand upon it. That doesn't mean they changed their mind since then, but who knows.

Frodo

So looking around, the campaign's been posted at Sonic Stadium, Wii U IGN Boards, and GameFAQs' Wii U board.

Not too bad, but hopefully people are spreading elsewhere.

Edit: Tweeted to Emily Rogers, hope she passes it along.

Emily Rogers retweeted, as did 13 others as of right now! :D

https://twitter.com/GoldMetalSonic/status/404106109557817344

Cool! :D

Added a few posts that were missing. Would be good to create some new posts daily and keep them popular.

Neff

Between the PS3 version being terrible (and assuming a new port would be handled by PG themselves) and a lack of exposure of the IP generally, I think a Wii U version of Bayo 1 is a fantastic idea.

"Bring it."

ikb.png

Is posting in the W101 community the smartest idea? Do you think that's where we'll grab Nintendo's attention?

I think so, yes. Nintendo monitors all boards, and W101's is unquestionably the largest Miiverse representation of the audience they're attempting to lure with their Bayo 2 investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom