• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT19| 793 Posts, And None Worth Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuchsdh

Can I haz Mister Chief armor for my Spartan in Halo 4 or Halo Xbox One?
- JDHarbs

That would be pretty awesome for 343 Day or specialty playlists, actually. Have time-limited armor unlocks to dress up like an idiot.

What are you planning to do with the Arbiter and that of the Sangheili, in both the story and gameplay?
- kaine nar rano

Can’t talk about it. But a lot.

tumblr_m7diig61WG1qe6nyz.gif

What is your favorite weapon, generally speaking?

The one I’ve used most consistently across the series is the Plasma Pistol – as a secondary to strip shields or stop vehicles. As a utility weapon, either the H3 BR or the H4 DMR.
For the record, if we do not get AR/Pistol starts in the way I've been suggesting, I'd be perfectly fine with DMR starts. Just please for the love of everything holy do not force me to use a burst fire weapon every damn match....... I've had enough of that shitty, inconsistent weapon.

I can't stress enough how much I want a single shot, precision weapon to spawn with that doesn't have some fucked up bloom that'll make me miss even though I'm being 100% accurate. Shit's not fun man ;\

oI29T6m.png

It's been like this for a month. The key is to not come here and deal with the Shit Post Triumvirate.

Leave that shit where it belongs.

For the record, if we do not get AR/Pistol starts in the way I've been suggesting, I'd be perfectly fine with DMR starts. Just please for the love of everything holy do not force me to use a burst fire weapon every damn match....... I've had enough of that shitty, inconsistent weapon.

I can't stress enough how much I want a single shot, precision weapon to spawn with that doesn't have some fucked up bloom that'll make me miss even though I'm being 100% accurate. Shit's not fun man ;\

I'm down with this, personally I was quite happy without a BR for Reach/4's launch after playing 2/3 for so long. The 4SK BR dominates in team play or small/mid maps now. However, I have fallen back in love with the BR these days but I'd still like to see a single playlist or vote variant without the BR at all. Totally agree bloom is an unnecessary mechanic in Halo games.

What are you planning to do with the Arbiter and that of the Sangheili, in both the story and gameplay?

---

Will we see more development and "humanization" of the Covenant in the future, similar to what they received in Halo 2/3?

Yes and more “alienization” too.

Yesssss....

Yessssssssssss....

Holy HD gif.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Nice bulletin, but man, it's hard to get excited after all the promises that came with Halo 4. Like the "trust us" stuff that other people have already noted. I love Halo and will always get excited over it, but I'm not buying into the Halo 5 hype train just yet. Regardless, Frank interviews are always fun to read.

Edit : Oh yeah, and I switched back to one of my favorite old avatars. Being a Gui impostor just felt too wrong.

Tzeentch

Will we see more development and "humanization" of the Covenant in the future, similar to what they received in Halo 2/3?
Yes and more “alienization” too.
The new novel seems to be exploring the dark side of the ONI/Spartan program. I think it would be interesting if they took a look at historical Spartan history and explored some of those threads, such as the colonials being comparable to helots and the (unintentional but still interesting) comparison of the entire Halo Spartan project to the krypteia.

Next gen Halo hype mission complete. Of course the best moment will be the next game and we'll just have to see it to believe it etc.

Heh. I sincerely hope we recover Cortana within Halo 5, and the story isn't extended into Halo 6. My first thought was recovering Cortana and Chief having a heartfelt and revelation that he cares for someone and is human upon the reunion, or something.

Or Palmer dying. Whatever.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
We already had a Cortana rescue + reunion story arch in the first trilogy. They can't do that shit again. I just wish they would have kept Cortana in the first place. :-\

We already had a Cortana rescue + reunion story arch in the first trilogy. They can't do that shit again. I just wish they would have kept Cortana in the first place. :-\

I agree, Cortana dying was cool for a "Oh my god Emotions!" feel in Halo 4, but it kind of just halts the story. You KNOW Chief is getting her back, so now a lot of the story will be around getting her back. Might as well have kept going on forward and not side-tracked the story with a sub-plot that's already been done.

Also, the "Is it okay to be bitter against Microsoft" thread just reminds me of what we lost.

Give your family access to your entire games library anytime, anywhere: Xbox One will enable new forms of access for families. Up to ten members of your family can log in and play from your shared games library on any Xbox One. Just like today, a family member can play your copy of Forza Motorsport at a friend’s house. Only now, they will see not just Forza, but all of your shared games. You can always play your games, and any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time.

;~; Never Forget. ;~;

What feedback have you taken to heart the most, and what changes have 343 made to their multiplayer philosophy and approach to reflect said feedback?

I think we’ll start answering it honestly and directly in due time. So I won’t touch on philosophy here, other than to say you’ll see a lot of those learnings when we start showing things. So we will be open and receptive and honest with ourselves.

What is your favorite moment in Halo, be it in novels, games or any kind of media?

You haven’t seen it yet. But I have.

My logical side says I should probably keep my expectations in check...
....buuuut, I'm aboard the hype train now.

My logical side says I should probably keep my expectations in check...
....buuuut, I'm aboard the hype train now.

No harm in being excited. I'm officially excited until I have reason not to be (We see Gameplay/Hear news about features that sound awful). Gonna give 343 the benefit of the doubt, since Frankie seems to be really driving the point home that they have listened to fan feedback.

FYC

Banned
So who I send my clips then?
Can I send from Reach and Halo 3 too?

If you need someone to capture your clips, send them to Ozzy Onya A2Z. If you've already captured your stuff, upload it on dropbox or mediafire and send it to me. You can use Reach and Halo 3 clips too.

Does the Master Chief wear boxers or briefs?
- FearlessNoba

Is this a comic-con panel?

:lol Reminds me of Is Master Chief A Virgin?

Good Q&A Frankie!

Vico

Damn Frankie is a wizard.
He just knows perfectly how teasing works.

Does the Master Chief wear boxers or briefs?
- FearlessNoba

Is this a comic-con panel?

I actually know the guys who asked that question at HaloFest.
That's the french humor.

Woorloog

Banned
Does Halo 3 or Halo 4 have more players currently?
Will get a Live Gold card from a friend so we can play Halo in XBL again.

So basically the question boils down to: Are search times in Halo 3 acceptable? Not something that takes forever like they used to be but more like what they were before Reach? (And am i being over-optimistic?)

Nebula

Does Halo 3 or Halo 4 have more players currently?
Will get a Live Gold card from a friend so we can play Halo in XBL again.

So basically the question boils down to: Are search times in Halo 3 acceptable? Not something that takes forever like they used to be but more like what they were before Reach? (And am i being over-optimistic?)

Think Halo 4 was/is hovering around 17k Daily. Search times shouldn't be that bad with JIP. Halo 3 wasn't that bad when it released on Games with Gold but I've not played it since.

Good update Frankie, I still don't understand the philosophy keeping everything under wraps so long. Why let Destiny and the competition keep showing off their footage and gaining an edge?

I want to be hype about Halo.

Vico

Would Joe Staten be able to leave Bungie and his new baby Destiny if it meant working on a big Halo tv series with Steven Spielberg?

gAg CruSh3r

Good Q&A. I'd love more stuff like this in the future. With other members of the team too.

Yeah, I really enjoyed that Q&A. I hope to see more like that :)... Great teasing Frankie. I can't wait for more Halo (5) info/teasing.

Hype train here we come!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom