• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max: The Curse of Brotherhood on Xbox One tomorrow (20 December)

Gowans

I love the artstyle of this game, it has great IQ.

Please can someone confirm resolution and framerate as soon as they've had a go?

Many thanks :)

The quick play I had it seemed like defo 1080p and 30fps cutscenes & 60? Gameplay? I could be way off tho.

ViciousDS

Banned
it's funny I have been more excited for indie titles starting this generation then anything else......when does Below come out as well?

Also I will be downloading and playing this when I get home from the holidays and I cannot fricken wait!

Somnia

a game by a danish developer.. for a console that can´t be bought in Denmark... yeahhhh

Par7738792-1024x681_806113a.jpg

Knack a game by Japanese developers that can't be bought in Japan... Yeahhhh

sangreal

it's funny I have been more excited for indie titles starting this generation then anything else......when does Below come out as well?

Also I will be downloading and playing this when I get home from the holidays and I cannot fricken wait!

Indie? Aren't these guys owned by MS?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Charming and well produced, paced well, fun to play, and even to watch. Quite the nice little game so far, and this isn't even a genre I generally flock too all that swiftly.

The production value really carries it for me; everything is nicely detailed, full of nice motion, it restarts lightning fast, the voicework is just enough to keep you interested, and it has some nice moments of music.

Is the drawing mechanic a vital gameplay feature or more of a gimmick?

It's vital. Like a grappling hook or moving platforms in other games.

Caayn

Just played through the first two levels and I love the artstyle in this game. Also the gameplay is really fun thusfar, something else from the basic kill everything in your path.
One thing that I find a little strange is that this game would lend itself perfectly for a companion app via smartglass. Drawing the rocks/waters/etc with a tablet seems like a logical thing to implement.
I love the artstyle of this game, it has great IQ.

The quick play I had it seemed like defo 1080p and 30fps cutscenes & 60? Gameplay? I could be way off tho.
The gameplay(60fps on the Xbox One) is butter smooth and the cutscenes seem to suffer from a low framerate which is kinda weird.

Edit: I'm curious does anyone know what resolution this game runs in? I agree with Gowans that it looks like 1080p.

sangreal

wow, this game really looks great. that gamedvr compression doesn't do it justice

edit: and yeah, the cutscenes stutter for me too. not sure why since they look to be pre-rendered? at least the intro

iMax

Just played through the first two levels and I love the artstyle in this game. Also the gameplay is really fun thusfar, something else from the basic kill everything in your path.
One thing that I find a little strange is that this game would lend itself perfectly for a companion app via smartglass. Drawing the rocks/waters/etc with a tablet seems like a logical thing to implement.
The gameplay(60fps on the Xbox One) is butter smooth and the cutscenes seem to suffer from a low framerate which is kinda weird.

Edit: I'm curious does anyone know what resolution this game runs in? I agree with Gowans that it looks like 1080p.

It's 1080p!

Lima

Great game so far.

Can't shake of the feeling though that this would be fun to play on the PS4 with the touch pad.

Saw it in the store before I went to bed, but it wasn't buyable yet. I can't wait to get home later and grab it...really interested in this.

-PXG-

Eh. I'm drunk. Bought a fuck load of art books and a Nexus 7. Might as well vuy this. Steam sale sucks ass so far anyway. Thank god I got my Xmas bonus today

Top Bottom