• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What To Expect on Day One with Xbox Game Pass Core

And MS actually backs up your saves for free. The most annoying thing about Sony.

To an extent I understand why that's the case (Microsoft own Azure, which is probably what they use for storing those saves), but it does say something about Sony being unable to offer even a limited amount of space for cloud saves for free.

Granted, even a 100 MB free limit, to cover all potential console owners (let's say 125 million), would be about 12.5 petabytes. That's a lot of SSDs.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I must had missed it or forgot, but google says MS announced in July this change was coming.

Same price, same perks, but a selection of rotating older games replacing those 2-3 monthly shitty games gamers value at a nickel, while MS promoted them as full price freebies?

A much better deal for you guys not on the higher priced Game Pass tiers.

It’s just 60 USD per year buddy.
Lol he’s not even the target audience for this the casuals will love it it provides a good deal for them with a wide set of games if you’re an avid gamer ofc this doesn’t matter to you probably played all if not half of those games

StereoVsn

To an extent I understand why that's the case (Microsoft own Azure, which is probably what they use for storing those saves), but it does say something about Sony being unable to offer even a limited amount of space for cloud saves for free.

Granted, even a 100 MB free limit, to cover all potential console owners (let's say 125 million), would be about 12.5 petabytes. That's a lot of SSDs.
Don't need SSDs for that. It's a few mil $ basically for redundant storage. Considering how much Sony charges 3rd parties, it's nothing.

Steam can provide that, so can EA, Epic and Ubisoft. It's a ridiculous proposition and if they don't want to do that then Sony should allow individual save backups similar to PS4 days.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
And MS actually backs up your saves for free. The most annoying thing about Sony.

This comes in incredibly handy for game pass games that are on both console and PC.

I can seamlessly bring my console save over to PC, cheat-engine it up a bit, then take it back to console :messenger_beaming:

Works great for RPGs like Crimson Echoes, Sea of Stars etc.

Havoc2049

Lol he’s not even the target audience for this the casuals will love it it provides a good deal for them with a wide set of games if you’re an avid gamer ofc this doesn’t matter to you probably played all if not half of those games
There was some hardcore online gamers on Xbox who didn't convert over to Game Pass and stayed on Live. Some hardcore online multiplayer gamers dedicate the majority of their time gaming to only a few titles each year and don't nececarrily see value in Game Pass, as they only buy 2-5 games each year. I play a lot of online games and I have some people on my friends list that fall into that category. I myself almost fall into that catagory, but jumped on Game Pass Ultimate a few years back.

Top Bottom