• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Surfer girl nonsense, resistance and killzone fans go away please

SolidSnakex said:
Breakdown was all about immersion as it was one of the few first person games to be more some floating body parts. I'd imagine that could only be enhanced with the PS3 and 360. Mirrors Edge is doing a good job of showing that.

NAMCO BANDAI.

As in: No.

VonGak!

Banned
WrikaWrek said:
Let me guess, he's buying Ubisoft.

That won't get Nintendo seal of approval, or maybe it will...

Get it!?

No need to buy, they are French and will surrender for free. ^.^

Mojovonio said:
What?

Its breakdown 2!

I must have been residing in a cave to miss this one. :(

Cardon

WrikaWrek said:
Breakdown was all about motion sickness.

In any case, do we have footage on Mirrors Edge?

No footage has been released so far but I'm hoping for a GDC appearance. The only media released so far has been 2 in-game shots and a bunch of concept art.

WrikaWrek said:
No videos. I was just interested because of solidsnakex comments.

SO we don't really know if Mirrors Edge is pulling the whole movement well without making the player feel sick after a couple of minutes.

If Breakdown made you feel sick that ME probably will too since it seems to be all about simulating full body movement to an even greater degree than Breakdown did since its based around parkour.

jet1911

What's with a ll this talk about Breakdown 2 on Wii? Fuck you! Breakdown 2(if it exist) needs to be on a next-gen platform! :(

Draft

A game's that all about punching people from the first person perspective is tailor made for the dumb Wii. Even I know that.

Keikoku said:
45819927bad59038d642e4c5a2c92.jpg

Where is this picture from and how did you guys pretty much unanimously deduced that the sequel to Breakdown - which this picture supposedly depicts - is probably coming to the Wii ? I tried to read the last few pages, but I'm kind of lost here.

Kafel

Banned
Stormbringer said:
Where is this picture from and how did you guys pretty much unanimously deduced that the sequel to Breakdown - which this picture supposedly depicts - is probably coming to the Wii ? I tried to read the last few pages, but I'm kind of lost here.

No one really said it was coming to Wii AFAIK.

Stormbringer said:

I think the picture was created by a fan a while back (can't help having some faint memory about it) and the idea of a sequel is just hot air (I mean, a "you will be raped" -pedobear avatar gives a certain amount of non-credibility...). The picture itself is taken from a scene in Breakdown (first encounter with the depicted character Solus), but with more polish.

Sure, I want to believe and all that, but this is a rumor topic. ;)

Kafel said:
No one really said it was coming to Wii AFAIK.

Well, first there was...
Keikoku said:
and this...
VonGak! said:
Wow, is it Tekken, a new franchise or home made (by a very talented person)?

EDIT: Damned, it's a Wii title :(

...and now some people are already like "OH NOES" or "OH YES"...So I thought that they had a kind of pseudo-confirmation from a random source that started this rumour. Not that I intended to propagate or even believe this rumour anyway. Simple curiosity.

Zeitgeister -> Yup, that's what I thought.

pswii60

Keikoku, where did you get that screen from? I liked Breakdown although I agree about the nausea!

Indiana Dunes has put more stuff up.

Random things to start the day

1. First-party piano tutor game coming to Xbox 360 later this year as part of Microsoft's new casual game ammunition. The game will include a wireless music keyboard and teach you how to play. Alledgedly suitable for beginners to the more advanced, it will also include a Garage-Band centric part of the game to encourage composition and a Guitar-Hero type mode for those who just want some fun.

2. The next Bioshock will be a prequel.

3. Project Offset has finally found a new publisher after getting dropped last year. If that leaked video was anything to go by, they still have a long way to go. Ditch the terrible animations and first-person views fellas! Your artwork is superb, don't let it go to waste.

4. Wii Fit has the highest budget for any TV marketing campaign for a "videogame" in UK history. Expect similar amounts to be spent in the rest of Europe and the US.

Some SEGA tidbits for you

5. Yakuza 3 coming to NA this fall.

6. SEGA's racing studio working on a brand new installment of Daytona USA for current-gen consoles

7. Mario to also star in the Wii and DS versions of SEGA's upcoming All-Star Tennis game.

Daytona! Gimme now!

De-mon

pswii60 said:
Keikoku, where did you get that screen from? I liked Breakdown although I agree about the nausea!

Indiana Dunes has put more stuff up.

Daytona! Gimme now!

Surfer Girl says no.

- Hey, surfer girl, is Daytona USA 3 in the works yet?
- No.

Indiana is bullshit, it seems.

pswii60

De-mon said:
Surfer Girl says no.

- Hey, surfer girl, is Daytona USA 3 in the works yet?
- No.

Indiana is bullshit, it seems.

Well, that's if SurferGirl is not bullshit, or if this isn't the same person. Who knows, eh! I want Daytona man, Daytonaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Rlan

pswii60 said:
7. Mario to also star in the Wii and DS versions of SEGA's upcoming All-Star Tennis game.

It'd be awesome if Master Chief was selectable in the Xbox 360 versions, and Ratchet in the PS3 one :lol

pswii60

sionyboy said:
I've always wanted to learn piano, perhaps "Jeff Bell presents Brian Ferry's Piano Master" will get me on my way.

I want the Old Skool Piano House edition. Let me see those pianos in the air!

Darji

Banned
there is a new guy in Town. Gamesblow^^

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=145154342&blogID=354269864

I've been talking about this game ever since I left the convention center back in August. This game floored everyone when it was shown and for good reason.

It was hands down the most spectacular looking game anyone had ever laid their eyes on. I've been talking it up and up and up on forums, only to be given the 3rd degree on when's this "so-called" game going to show up. Industry insiders know what I'm talking about.

Due to Embargoes and legal issues I guess they're not talking about it until it's finally revealed. Me, on the other-hand, adhere to no one. I'm Gamesblow and report the news without restraint.

What I can tell you from the trailer we were shown

- It's a Street fighting, no holds barred, bare knuckle, back alley, bar brawler.

- It's the most spectacular looking game I've ever laid my eyes on.

- The damage sustained carries over to the next round, but here's the catch. There isn't rounds.

- Bones break, eyes swell shut, fatigue sets in, clothes get torn, hair gets messed up. Everything that has an action has a reaction, handicapping you or your opponents

- You will fight until you simply can't fight no more. You will start in central locations but the game is not restricted to one setting or level. Every location in the game is connected as a hub. If you wanna carry it out into the streets from a bar, you can.

- Reputation is everything. It's all about how much you fight. the more fights, the more experience. The points you gain thru your fighting experience will then be distributed across several key stats. Even if you lose a fight you still learn from the experience, however. This will open up a new bracket all together, full of defensive skills. It's more in depth than this, but this is the basics.. Trust me.

- Crowds act accordingly... If you or your opponent has a following your friends in the crowd they'll back you up or them up. These will give you or them burst of energy during the fight. < But not in an arcade way. The game is not an arcade brawler at all. It's very fast, yes... but it's nothing like you've ever seen. Again, trust me.

- The biggest catch to the game... It's online only. Think Warhawk... only... a straight up brawler. You create your fighter from scratch and literally everyone in the game... bystanders at the bar... people on the streets, etc.... they are all people with Ps3's.

I know what you're thinking... how is that possible, right? Well, here's another catch. Everyone is going for the rank of number 1 bad ass of the streets. While you will do your share of fighting... it's always wise to talk and interact with other fighters. Learn from them. Get their back in a fight to boost their spirits, maybe even help them win and they can return the favor for you.

The more fights you watch... the more you learn aswell. So it's always encouraged to be a bystander and to make friends in the "tears of Blood" universe.

- Basically, every location in the game is a server or room you will meet other fighters in.

- Weapons are any and everything you can pick up. See a trash can lid... Use it. Wanna bring a knife to a fist fight? You can do it. This, however, comes at the cost of your reputation and will label you as a dirty fighter and they have a system that will in turn handicap you in later fights as you progress.

These are just some of the main features in the game... The video/demo we saw was nothing short of amazing. It's the 1st truly revolutionary fighter ever made. Sony's ambition far surpasses what is mentioned here too. Make no bones about it. It's being made by Cambridge Studios and SEO.

The game is going to be unleashed this GDC for the 1st time and there is nothing... and I mean nothing that will rival it when it hits. Trust in Gamesblow, folks. I've been talking about this, blogging about it, since Last year. It's going to be huge for Sony and the PSN.
Sounds like Air master or Grappler Baki^^
:lol :lol

but the concept sounds awesome^^

here his post about the GDC

I just know "somethings" remember that...

Xbox 360:

-----------

Ninja Gaiden 2

"new" Project Gotham racer

Fable 2

Too Human "on 2 screens"

Gears of War 2 "teaser trailer... no gameplay probably just title and coming soon and some music and shit like that"

New Halo project laid out "might be Halo wars???"

Project Offset "has a new name.. I don't know what it is"

GTA 4 expansion packs talked about in detail.

PS3:

-----

MGS4 more of the same ol' same. Online shown off.

Home demoed off "as usual"

Killzone 2 played

Resistance 2 "teaser trailer... probably no gameplay here either. I could be wrong"

White Knight Story

"A" Square Enix Game shown off ... "I don't know which of the 3 it'll be"

Afrika shown off with home "It's going to utilize home avatars for it's characters"

Motorstorm 2

Tekken 6

Eight days "which has a new name"

Infamous "which looks very bland"

Sing star

GTA 4

The Getaway will be demonstrated off showing the new tools of the Havok engine. Actual gameplay is a big ??? Right now, though.

PSN games touched upon. < typical.

Little Big Planet gets a release date of September 08.

NCSoft is going to show off some stuff and SEO is going to tout the Agency a bit... we won't see either for a year or better.

Wii:

Kingdom Hearts 3: Palace of prominence < This could be a Ps3 game... but all signs I've seen point to wii. Don't kill me if this goes either-way. I'm not sure... but I do know Nintendo has something huge to announce. Maybe this is it. I'm putting it under the wii just in case it is and I can then say "told you so"

ha...

Anyways... that's about the gist of what I know. I probably missed a few things ehre and there but the bulk of it is intact. Sure we'll see new sku's and colors of shit... that's irrelevant, though.

Thanks for hangin' around and supporting the site.

Darji said:

Ugh. No, it really doesn't.

A fighting game that fundamentally rewards people who've spent a long time not just playing it but watching other people play it more than individual skill?

Do not fucking want. In the slightest.

Snah

Banned
Darji said:
there is a new guy in Town. Gamesblow^^

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=145154342&blogID=354269864

Sounds like Air master or Grappler Baki^^
:lol :lol

here his post about the GDC

Well at least this guy gives us some info that we can instantly discredit if it doesn't appear at GDC (I fully expect it to be a joke).

That concept sounds pretty interesting, I have to say...don't know how they'd prevent it from being too chaotic though.

Snah

Banned
Ok...those other predictions are just ridiculous. What is GDC supposed to be? E3?

Also, another PGR announced so soon, if at all? Don't believe it.

Busty

Banned
...I'm Gamesblow and report the news without restraint.

I'd love to believe that Dutchess. Really I would. But I don't know......

Gamsblow said:
Kingdom Hearts 3: Palace of prominence

Announced.... at GDC......rly?

*tilts head*

Rly?

*tilts head further*

Rly?

Gamsblow said:
Make no bones about it. It's being made by Cambridge Studios and SEO.

If....if.... this is true, I can't see how SOE have anything to do with it beyond perhaps advising Sony Cambridge on implimenting their online structure for this game.

All signs point to a firm no.

*sighs*

But as ever.... we shall see.

.....radio static had it that Sony Cambridge are developing a disc based game, which this doesn't sound like....at all...

Busty

Banned
I said it once, and I'll say it again.

Enjoy these blogs while they last, because they never do.

Same thing happened before Nintendo announced what the 'Revoultion's' new hardware innovation was.

Over night we got dozens of supposed insider blogs, all of which were claiming things from internal rotating gyroscopes to controllers that heated up when you touched them.

And you know how many turned out to be true? None. Not one.

This GamesBlow chap seems to have dug a very deep hole for himself. I hope he enjoys the attention that it's getting. Because after GDC, he's not going to have any loyal blowhards left.

DuckRacer

Busty said:
Announced.... at GDC......rly?

*tilts head*

Rly?

*tilts head further*

Rly?\
I laughed harder than I should've at this.
Snah said:
Ok...those other predictions are just ridiculous. What is GDC supposed to be? E3?

Also, another PGR announced so soon, if at all? Don't believe it.
Yeah. If they announce one it'll be at X08 at the very earliest.

And 8 Days, Getaway, and KH3 for Wii will all be at GDC as well. Riiight. Gamesblow blows.
Zenith said:
Street Fighter 4(ARC/Capcom/summer '08)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=236163

Does this mean RE5 this year?
Possibly. Then again, I doubt it's coming out that early and the developers have already said '09, so...

gbovo

Mr. Pointy said:
The game Gamesblow is trumpeting sounds like The Con MMORPG.
That's exactly what I was thinking. But the CON was a shitty game that was made by Sony Japan, not Sony Cambridge.

WrikaWrek

Banned
"The exclusive that you are dying to know has been on the PS3 for ages, nope I ain't talking about MGS4 here, the game has been in development since like forever and was showcased as a genre defining on PS3 title at one point, but Sony seems to have completely forgotten to provide sufficient dev support, so the company knocked on Microsoft's doors who are pretty impressed with the project and are trying to bail them out of the mess Sony created..."

From Skaterboy blog in the comments section

"its something like "the crossing" or in better words something very similar to the agency being developed on the PS3, the thing is that after NCsoft got onto the PS3 bandwagon Sony completely forgot about the studio which was one of the teams working on the online front, so now MS is pumping in the money to bring on this game onto their platform...."

I have no freaking idea what game this is.

Busty

Banned
WrikaWrek said:
"The exclusive that you are dying to know has been on the PS3 for ages, nope I ain't talking about MGS4 here, the game has been in development since like forever and was showcased as a genre defining on PS3 title at one point, but Sony seems to have completely forgotten to provide sufficient dev support, so the company knocked on Microsoft's doors who are pretty impressed with the project and are trying to bail them out of the mess Sony created..."

From Skaterboy blog in the comments section

"its something like "the crossing" or in better words something very similar to the agency being developed on the PS3, the thing is that after NCsoft got onto the PS3 bandwagon Sony completely forgot about the studio which was one of the teams working on the online front, so now MS is pumping in the money to bring on this game onto their platform...."

I have no freaking idea what game this is.

I'm fairly sure that this particular 'insider' who seems to only post in the user comments section is a complete joke.

There are alot of them kicking around.

ram

so much bullshit now - with surfergirl it was one (who has yet to be proven 100% correct), but now with all the other fakes...ugh...maybe this thread should be closed for good.

Madman

ram said:
so much bullshit now - with surfergirl it was one (who has yet to be proven 100% correct), but now with all the other fakes...ugh...maybe this thread should be closed for good.
They could just be banned one by one as they get stuff wrong.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Busty said:
I'm fairly sure that this particular 'insider' who seems to only post in the user comments section is a complete joke.

There are alot of them kicking around.

Skaterboy confirmed. In a response to the original poster who asked the question he mentioned how his question had been answered already.

ram said:

Why?

It's a rumor thread, don't like it don't come here.

Top Bottom