• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SOCOM Confrontation - The thread (bringing back the REAL!)

Dast

recklessmind said:
My opinion: you're way off. Stick to Resistance dude. Socom I and II are some of greatest maps ever featured in a shooter. And near-perfectly balanced.

Resistance isn't my type of shooter, really... but I don't fault the game for that. There isn't a game out there that tops Socom's 8 vs 8. Certainly not Resistance... you're so off on this man. Which is weird, because you're one of the better Gaffers. You just don't know your Socom.

Socom 2 was terribly balanced Terr guns were useless aside from m14 and m16 for the most part. Seals had the Ra14, Ak105 etc. as new guns, for terr they nerfed the AKS. The frame rate in many maps was shit and the hit detection compared to S1 was shit.

Kittonwy

Banned
recklessmind said:
My opinion: you're way off. Stick to Resistance dude. Socom I and II are some of greatest maps ever featured in a shooter. And near-perfectly balanced.

Resistance isn't my type of shooter, really... but I don't fault the game for that. There isn't a game out there that tops Socom's 8 vs 8. Certainly not Resistance... you're so off on this man. Which is weird, because you're one of the better Gaffers. You just don't know your Socom.

I'm not suggesting 40 players for SOCOM, but they've already decided on 32 players, as long as it's balanced why is that a problem? I'm not even saying SOCOM 3 maps were good, they were not, they were too big even for 32 players, they obviously need to beta new maps but I don't see the reason to not have new maps at all and just have all the old maps, don't get me wrong, I'm not against old maps but it would be good to have new and old maps, and not just 8v8 maps.

Doel

Kittonwy said:
On the PS3 the most successful shooter is 40 player (ie. Resistance). they need to come out sooner though because Resistance 2 is coming in winter 08 and that's going to take up a big chunk of the player base. I don't know why you guys are so against 32 players, if it's done well, it can be great, unless you don't have confidence in Slant Six in which case it's not like you can be sure they can execute even the existing concepts well anyway.
Indifferent2.gif
It's not about it being great, its about it feeling like 'SOCOM'. If I wanted a great game with 32 players I'd go play Resistance, but what I (and the fans) want out of SOCOM Confrontation is for it to feel like the original SOCOM experience.

Kittonwy said:
How many of these old socomers are even playing nowadays? How many of them actually own a PS3? They need a viable userbase for the game, it's a business. It's not like having new maps would mean shitty gameplay, it might even make the game better, if you want to play exactly the same game as SOCOM 2, why not just play SOCOM 2? I'd like to see how many of these "old veterans" actually have a PS3 before we start talking about this kind of loyalty nonsense.
Ummm I can tell you right now that there are a hell of A LOT of them waiting for SOCOM Confrontation to come out before they buy a PS3, and I know and see some of them. This game is going to noticeably move consoles when it hits, and I don't think people even realize it. A lot of these SOCOM gamers are not people you'll find on message boards, but they when they see/hear about SOCOM for PS3, they are going to run out and pick up a PS3.

Arsenic

Kittonwy said:
How many of these old socomers are even playing nowadays? How many of them actually own a PS3? They need a viable userbase for the game, it's a business. It's not like having new maps would mean shitty gameplay, it might even make the game better, if you want to play exactly the same game as SOCOM 2, why not just play SOCOM 2? I'd like to see how many of these "old veterans" actually have a PS3 before we start talking about this kind of loyalty nonsense.

1. Loyalty nonsense? They are loyal to the fucking GAME.... not Sony. If they released a Socom for the PS3, they WILL snatch up a PS3 for socom. More than half of my old clan (which is around 20-25 people) are actually waiting for socom for a ps3. Only a few gave up, and for reasons related to real life, not other games.

2. If the same designers behind the ingenious Socom 1/2 maps are still under employment, sure, I would love new maps. But the old ones are just too good to just forget about them. Im sorry Resistance is not like that.

3. Fuck that bullshit "Just go play socom 2 again". Thats nonsense. Socom 2 wasnt perfect, so if they did retain everything good with it and upgraded the graphics, sound, motions and animations.... more tuned aiming and a much better framerate with a better netcode, why pass that up? That pretty much all we want.

4. Shouldnt you be jerking off to the Resistance 2 announcement, honestly? Socom is obviously not for you, stop trying to convince us that your way is the better way. No one here wants to change your favorite game, why try to change ours?

Kittonwy

Banned
Doel said:
It's not about it being great, its about it feeling like 'SOCOM'. If I wanted a great game with 32 players I'd go play Resistance, but what I (and the fans) want out of SOCOM Confrontation is for it to feel like the original SOCOM experience.

Maybe they'll have 16 player maps, who knows.

Doel said:
Ummm I can tell you right now that there are a hell of A LOT of them waiting for SOCOM Confrontation to come out before they buy a PS3, and I know and see some of them. This game is going to noticeably move consoles when it hits, and I don't think people even realize it. A lot of these SOCOM gamers are not people you'll find on message boards, but they when they see/hear about SOCOM for PS3, they are going to run out and pick up a PS3.

Well I hope so because it looks like Slant Six is trying to appeal to the SOCOM vets more than trying to attract new players.

Kittonwy said:
I'm not suggesting 40 players for SOCOM, but they've already decided on 32 players, as long as it's balanced why is that a problem?

Kitto, Resi isn't a good comparison here. One errant bullet or nade in SOCOM and you might be sitting there for the next 5-10 minutes waiting for the next round. Thats a significant part of SOCOM's appeal. Getting fragged means a bit more when you can't respawn. 8 v 8 is perfectly balanced for those sort of stakes. Expanding the field threw that balance for a loop (among other things) and folks don't want to see that happen again.

Kittonwy

Banned
hukasmokincaterpillar said:
Kitto, Resi isn't a good comparison here. One errant bullet or nade in SOCOM and you might be sitting there for the next 5-10 minutes waiting for the next round. Thats a significant part of SOCOM's appeal. Getting fragged means a bit more when you can't respawn. 8 v 8 is perfectly balanced for those sort of stakes. Expanding the field threw that balance for a loop (among other things) and folks don't want to see that happen again.

I was going to suggest that they should allow respawns (sacrilicious I know) but I don't want to be mobbed.
gstongue.gif

I'm not against 8v8 but it seems Slant Six has already made up their mind with their max number of players allowed (32p), I reckon they'll have 16p maps, if people want to play 8v8, it's not like they can't.
Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy said:
I was going to suggest that they should allow respawns (sacrilicious I know) but I don't want to be mobbed.
gstongue.gif

:lol Yeah there's certain lines you don't want to cross.

I think you need to appreciate the hardcore SOCOMers are pretty much stuck in their ways. It's like we're from the 50's and you youngins with your free lovin' respawns, scandalous party systems and illicit use of matchmaking are a bunch of dirty fucking hippies. In summation, get off our lawn!

oneHeero

Since when could you not limit games to 4v4 or 5v5 or 6v6 or 8v8 or even 16v16?

I mean some of you are bitching and demanding Socom: conf be 16max when they can do 32 and you can still enjoy 16max by creating a private match.

I mean most "real" hardcore socomers dont play in pubs, but play in matches that get setup, and if thats the case, why cant you go play a s1/s2 map and limit it to 8v8?

Leave Kittowny alone! RAWR!

Doel

oneHeero said:
Since when could you not limit games to 4v4 or 5v5 or 6v6 or 8v8 or even 16v16?

I mean some of you are bitching and demanding Socom: conf be 16max when they can do 32 and you can still enjoy 16max by creating a private match.

I mean most "real" hardcore socomers dont play in pubs, but play in matches that get setup, and if thats the case, why cant you go play a s1/s2 map and limit it to 8v8?

Leave Kittowny alone! RAWR!
Umm, you had that choice in SOCOM 3 and Combined Assault, but those games were terrible. Why? Because the maps were built to be all things to everyone. They were designed around support for multiple modes and anywhere from 1v1 to 16v16. And I'm not even just talking about the maps built with vehicles, I'm also talking about the maps that didn't have vehicles. They were all poorly designed because they weren't stuck to a single layout and single mode. They expanded and were built around support for multiple modes.

These are two things I've been trying for a very long time to communicate to Sony, Zipper, and now Slant Six. With over 5000 hours under my belt, I know the first two games in and out and what made that franchise so popular. I can break down exactly what made this franchise have the nickname "Socrack" and why SOCOM 3 turned it into "Socrap".

Dibbz

Doel said:
Umm, you had that choice in SOCOM 3 and Combined Assault, but those games were terrible. Why? Because the maps were built to be all things to everyone. They were designed around support for multiple modes and anywhere from 1v1 to 16v16. And I'm not even just talking about the maps built with vehicles, I'm also talking about the maps that didn't have vehicles. They were all poorly designed because they weren't stuck to a single layout and single mode. They expanded and were built around support for multiple modes.

Well it looks like we're getting maps from the original Socom games, so I don't know why your complaining about map designs etc.

You will still be able to do 8v8 Crossroads etc. I don't see a problem here at all.

Doel

Dibbz said:
Well it looks like we're getting maps from the original Socom games, so I don't know why your complaining about map designs etc.

You will still be able to do 8v8 Crossroads etc. I don't see a problem here at all.
Crossroads is one of the few symmetrical maps, which is why it was always used as a tie breaker map in wars. I'm more interested in how they are designing their new maps, and if they are building them around a single mode and then adding more modes based on what makes sense.

But if they are designing their new maps around multiple modes, then I'm really afraid for how they are going to turn out.

I just wanted to come in here to say that SOCOM 1 was my first online shooter and I really hope the series can return to the former glory that it was. Since SOCOM 1 I've played countless other shooters, Rainbow 6, Halo 2 and 3, Ghost Recon, and none can match the fun that the original gave. Any old SOCOM 1 vets still around? I don't even own a PS3 but I'm really rooting for this game.

Ravenn17

Dast said:
Socom 2 was terribly balanced Terr guns were useless aside from m14 and m16 for the most part. Seals had the Ra14, Ak105 etc. as new guns, for terr they nerfed the AKS. The frame rate in many maps was shit and the hit detection compared to S1 was shit.

Is this Dastardly? Anyway, yeah, everything you just said is true. Remember the beta? The AKS-74 was almost an EXACT replica of the s1 version. Then a bunch of whiny kids told Zipper that the weapons were in-balanced (mainly due to all the M203's the terr had...remember Fish Hook? LMAO).

BuddhaRockstar said:
I just wanted to come in here to say that SOCOM 1 was my first online shooter and I really hope the series can return to the former glory that it was. Since SOCOM 1 I've played countless other shooters, Rainbow 6, Halo 2 and 3, Ghost Recon, and none can match the fun that the original gave.

This is exactly how I feel as well. I am seriously hoping Slant Six delivers in this series, because Zipper sure as hell hasn't been.

Andokuky

Banned
Dast said:

I don't agree with most of that. The terrorists had the STG-77, which was great. The 552SD was also much MUCH improved from the first game. They also had the automatic shotgun, which was brutal on some maps.

I only remember frame rate problems on Fish Hook, Bitter Jungle and Blood Lake. For the most part I think the rest were ok.

Arsenic

Terr guns may have had worse accuracy than seal weapons but they were more powerful for the most part. And even though some of you may think Socom Terr weapons were shit ( I disagree.. ) the map advantages more than make up for it. Yes, Fishhook anyone? lol

Andokuky said:
I only remember frame rate problems on Fish Hook, Bitter Jungle and Blood Lake. For the most part I think the rest were ok.
Vigilance as well.

Doel

Great post from Slant-Six this week:

Hey SOCOMers,

It’s been another crazy week. The team is cranking on important milestones right now and the game is looking and playing better than ever. I didn’t get a chance to post last week for which I apologize, although I admit that it took some pressure off not to come in and tell you guys that here is no news! As per usual, nothing has been announced since I last posted, but I *believe* that the information drought is going to improve towards the end of February. The team is firing on all cylinders in full production mode, building, tuning, tweaking and testing and with more content and features coming online every day, the game has never been more exciting to work on. Hang in there guys, it will be worth the wait!

SealTeam-6

End of February you say? GDC perhaps? :D

Sounds like the game is really coming along.

Doel

I know it's not much, but it's worth posting:

SamBishop said:
That's kinda what I meant. There will be a press presence very soon. Sony isn't going to just let their biggest online PS2 game flap in the wind come PSN time. From what I've heard, it will make SOCOM fans all creamy in their jeans.

:D

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
Andokuky said:
I don't agree with most of that. The terrorists had the STG-77, which was great. The 552SD was also much MUCH improved from the first game. They also had the automatic shotgun, which was brutal on some maps.

I some what agree.

The Frame Rate problems were real and existed on every map sometimes unprovoked, sometimes provoked by flow.

As for the guns, I agree that I didn't really have any strong opinions on the balance. Each side had some high points. Like I was a big fan of the 9mm. It may sound crazy, but it had some crazy strength and accuracy when used in bursts. IT took me months to master it. By the time i moved on to SOCOM 3 I would swing it like a shotgun lol. It made people so mad. I can't remember a game where I actually had to work hard to be skillful with a gun and the results be so strong.

Well actually I take that back. The scout in CS:S lol.

:lol Yeah there's certain lines you don't want to cross.

I think you need to appreciate the hardcore SOCOMers are pretty much stuck in their ways. It's like we're from the 50's and you youngins with your free lovin' respawns, scandalous party systems and illicit use of matchmaking are a bunch of dirty fucking hippies. In summation, get off our lawn!
That was too funny huka :lol

Doel

News has been a little slow lately, so I'm going to post something that I posted on the playstation.com SOCOM boards. There are a lot of people that don't get SOCOM. Maybe they didn't give it much of a chance, maybe the technical issues (like the hit detection) got to them, who knows. But when I'm asked how SOCOM compares to what's out there I think I'm in a pretty good position to make a statement.

I'll try to be objective as possible.

I've played many online shooters. And I don't just mean played once, but rather I've actually been a part of many online communities over the years. I've been deep into Halo 2, Call of Duty 4, Rainbow Six 3 & Vegas, Ghost Recon, Counter-Strike, Battlefield 1942, Quake III, and the list goes on. Now I can say that without a doubt, even with all it's flaws, that SOCOM 1 & 2 are the best online shooters I've ever experienced. It has to do with everything from the community down to it's round-based format. The only issues the games have are technical (hit detection problems, frame rate slow down, and the occasional lag), but otherwise it's a fully realized vision, unique to anything else that's out there, and just an overall incredible experience.

The attention to detail in the first couple SOCOM games are 2nd to none. There are so many little things that made SOCOM what it is, which is why we are all so worried that Slant Six will forget something when making Confrontation. We need it to retain that SOCOM feel and that deals with everything from the way the lobby system is set up, to keeping its best of 11 round format, to the maps being designed around a single mode.

PuMa

Lol. Well said.

J-Rzez

Doel said:
News has been a little slow lately, so I'm going to post something that I posted on the playstation.com SOCOM boards. There are a lot of people that don't get SOCOM. Maybe they didn't give it much of a chance, maybe the technical issues (like the hit detection) got to them, who knows. But when I'm asked how SOCOM compares to what's out there I think I'm in a pretty good position to make a statement.

I agree with this. I also think it was one of the first games to really emphasize teamwork and strategy, at least on consoles, because when you're dead, you're not coming back til the next round. Yeah, other games can do that one life to live mode but when it's an arcadey twitch type respawn based shooter, that mode doesn't "feel" right. Just like respawn socom practice matches don't feel right either. While other games can kinda feel like others, SOCOM is pretty much unique feeling that's been tried to be recaptured like in Ghost Recon but it GR failed that total.

WTH... Where's our real info's and updated gameplay vids already? If there's one online game now to pull me away from WoW, it's looking to either be SOCOM or Resistance 2.

*day dreams about how awesome Conf is going to be with dedicated servers, and good hardware to back it up*

J-Rzez

This is getting very tiring already Slant Six. For a title that was supposed to hit in Nov last year, you'd think they'd give us something to look at by now. And I thought we'd see something possibly at GDC, but guess not. Disappointment Total.

dralla

Why should I care? New developer Slant Six is looking to make Confrontation very much a community affair, with party systems, customizable clan uniforms, and in-game rewards for accomplished players. But it's the all-new engine that's getting us excited: Expect lots of destructible items, more lifelike physics, and some positional audio wizardry that'll make stealthy behavior even more important.
http://www.1up.com/do/feature?pager.offset=1&cId=3166087

Andokuky

Banned
Call of Duty 4 is making it very easy to pass on this and a PS3 until a real SOCOM game hits. Especially since there are delays and a big lack of info about the title. I think it means what they have isn't too good and they don't want to show it.

Kittonwy

Banned
Andokuky said:
Call of Duty 4 is making it very easy to pass on this and a PS3 until a real SOCOM game hits. Especially since there are delays and a big lack of info about the title. I think it means what they have isn't too good and they don't want to show it.

It wasn't ready to be shown, obviously the visuals wasn't polished enough. Not sure why COD4 would make it easy to pass on a PS3 when COD4 is already on PS3.
Indifferent2.gif

Doel

Andokuky said:
UGH, please go away.

From a REAL SOCOM fan (clearly I am) THIS IS a real SOCOM game, and I'm tired of people who don't understand this franchise or the community, saying otherwise. This game got a much needed break from Zipper, and almost everything they've talked about so far is showing us that they want to bring the real SOCOM fans back and pretend like SOCOM 3 and CA never happened.

This game is what we want. Confrontation will easily be the closest thing to SOCOM since SOCOM II.

J-Rzez

Kittonwy said:
A bit disappointing.

A bit? It's massively disappointing I think. Socom has a pretty loyal and rabid fanbase, and this is getting frustrating already that we've basically been kept in the dark now since they decided to hold it back to clean it up. We've barely gotten any text on this game even outside of that little 1up article a little while ago.

Andokuky

Banned
Doel said:
UGH, please go away.

From a REAL SOCOM fan (clearly I am) THIS IS a real SOCOM game, and I'm tired of people who don't understand this franchise or the community, saying otherwise. This game got a much needed break from Zipper, and almost everything they've talked about so far is showing us that they want to bring the real SOCOM fans back and pretend like SOCOM 3 and CA never happened.

This game is what we want. Confrontation will easily be the closest thing to SOCOM since SOCOM II.

:lol :lol

I'm not a real fan? Please. I guarantee I spent more time on the 2 good SOCOM games than you.

If they wanted to bring back the REAL SOCOM, the Crossroads clone they showed would have been a lot smaller and only 8 on 8, not SOCOM 3 style "8 on 8.... or 16 on 16 if you want" bullshit. I was super hyped for this game when it was announced because I too want a return to the real SOCOM style but cmon, WHERE IS IT? All I am saying is the more time that passes the higher the probability is that this game isn't good.

Doel

Andokuky said:
:lol :lol

I'm not a real fan? Please. I guarantee I spent more time on the 2 good SOCOM games than you.

If they wanted to bring back the REAL SOCOM, the Crossroads clone they showed would have been a lot smaller and only 8 on 8, not SOCOM 3 style "8 on 8.... or 16 on 16 if you want" bullshit. I was super hyped for this game when it was announced because I too want a return to the real SOCOM style but cmon, WHERE IS IT? All I am saying is the more time that passes the higher the probability is that this game isn't good.
Like I said, "almost everything they've shown".

It's still a HELL of a lot closer then what Zipper did with the last 2 games. People need to stop shooting them down and calling this 'not a real SOCOM game' simply because a different developer is handling it and its online only. And with the talks that I've had with a particular person, they are constantly listening to us and have, at the very least, kept things like bringing down the player count to 8v8, in mind.

AAK

Kittonwy said:
A bit disappointing.

What's even more disappointing is how Zipper's next game isn't even at a point in development where anything can actually be finally revealed to the public.

Andokuky

Banned
Doel said:
Like I said, "almost everything they've shown".

It's still a HELL of a lot closer then what Zipper did with the last 2 games. People need to stop shooting them down and calling this 'not a real SOCOM game' simply because a different developer is handling it and its online only. And with the talks that I've had with a particular person, they are constantly listening to us and have, at the very least, kept things like bringing down the player count to 8v8, in mind.

It's 32 players online.
It's online only.
Maps support more than one mode.

Sounds a lot like the same thing from SOCOM 3.

When I said a "real SOCOM" game I meant a SOCOM game from the actual SOCOM developers, nothing more. Quit being so damned defensive, sheesh. I was one of the people defending the classic SOCOM a couple pages back.

Doel

Andokuky said:
When I said a "real SOCOM" game I meant a SOCOM game from the actual SOCOM developers, nothing more.
Thats EXACTLY what is wrong with that statement. If you meant "real socom" as one that was 8v8, 1 mode per map, etc, then I completely understand what you're saying.

But to say it meaning a SOCOM game from Zipper, is ridiculous. Did you forget what Zipper did to the SOCOM franchise? The SOCOM game Zipper is making, I would be very surprised if it was a "real" SOCOM game, and not an MMO or something massively insane like that which should just be done with a completely new franchise.

Andokuky

Banned
The last 2 SOCOM's pretty much flopped commercially and they lost an assload of fans from their first two games. I am pretty sure Zipper will rebound and give us a great game, even if it isn't 8 on 8 and lacking 1 mode maps. The problem is they were being asked to churn them out too quickly and you don't have much time to design better maps when there's such a quick turnaround. I have no doubts that SOCOM 4 will be greatness. Confrontation is looking more and more like a decent diversion.

VonGak!

Banned
My unfounded speculation is that SCEI is the real reason behind all the delays because they haven't finished the universal online community features yet.

Doel

Andokuky said:
The last 2 SOCOM's pretty much flopped commercially and they lost an assload of fans from their first two games. I am pretty sure Zipper will rebound and give us a great game, even if it isn't 8 on 8 and lacking 1 mode maps. The problem is they were being asked to churn them out too quickly and you don't have much time to design better maps when there's such a quick turnaround. I have no doubts that SOCOM 4 will be greatness. Confrontation is looking more and more like a decent diversion.
It was Zipper's decision on what to do with the franchise, and according to someone who worked for Zipper up until the release of SOCOM CA, the consensus around the office was that they were all happy with the final product (of SOCOM 3), even if the fans weren't. While CA was handled by a smaller team (which we all pretty much assumed anyways) as the rest of the company worked on concepts for their PS3 title.

Confrontation is going to be the last closest thing to the original SOCOM formula that we will ever get. Which is why it is clearly an attempt at a "real SOCOM game" to me. It's about content, not the developer behind it. And regardless, I'm sure half the people at Zipper who created SOCOM don't even work for them anymore. I know David Sears, the creative director of SOCOM 1 & 2, doesn't. It's NOT the same group of people it once was.

Andokuky

Banned
Confrontation ISN'T using the original SOCOM formula though :lol

32 players
Maps designed around multiple modes
No single player mode
etc etc

Combined Assault was 10x better than SOCOM 3 was in terms of map design. Even the downloadable maps they created for SOCOM 3 were a hell of a lot better than the original maps. I could have lived with SOCOM 3's changes to the gameplay had the maps been anywhere close to the old ones but they weren't. Combined Assaults were much better, I have no doubts given the time that Zipper will deliver again. Hopefully Confrontation can hold people over until then but where is it? A simple online only game that is apparently going to be pretty bare bones in terms of content and rely on DLC later on shouldn't be taking this long.

Doel

I completely disagree. No maps in SOCOM 3 or CA even come close to the least popular maps of SOCOM 1/2. I can tell you that you are in the minority thinking some maps in CA even meet the quality of maps from SOCOM 1/2. They were better then SOCOM 3, but still not close to what we got with SOCOM 1/2.

And of course the downloadable maps from 3/CA are good. They are all maps from SOCOM 1/2/the PS Underground disc for SOCOM 2 with new maps. Unless I missed something, there were no original maps designed for SOCOM 3 or CA.

My hope is Confrontation is taking this long because they are adding a lot more for the original release in terms of maps, as well as making sure they get the gameplay and interface right.

Dast

Ravenn17 said:
Is this Dastardly? Anyway, yeah, everything you just said is true. Remember the beta? The AKS-74 was almost an EXACT replica of the s1 version. Then a bunch of whiny kids told Zipper that the weapons were in-balanced (mainly due to all the M203's the terr had...remember Fish Hook? LMAO).

Yep thats me whats up Ravenn. The beta was ridiculous as well with balancing the M4 sucked and the seals used the M14s. The AKS in the beta was glorious though.

Kittonwy

Banned
Andokuky said:
Confrontation ISN'T using the original SOCOM formula though :lol

32 players
Maps designed around multiple modes
No single player mode
etc etc

Combined Assault was 10x better than SOCOM 3 was in terms of map design. Even the downloadable maps they created for SOCOM 3 were a hell of a lot better than the original maps. I could have lived with SOCOM 3's changes to the gameplay had the maps been anywhere close to the old ones but they weren't. Combined Assaults were much better, I have no doubts given the time that Zipper will deliver again. Hopefully Confrontation can hold people over until then but where is it? A simple online only game that is apparently going to be pretty bare bones in terms of content and rely on DLC later on shouldn't be taking this long.

3's maps were too big, and not getting a ride is pretty much pointless, I remember putting on too much gear and the tank left without me and I couldn't chase it down because I was too heavy.
angry.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
J-Rzez said:
A bit? It's massively disappointing I think. Socom has a pretty loyal and rabid fanbase, and this is getting frustrating already that we've basically been kept in the dark now since they decided to hold it back to clean it up. We've barely gotten any text on this game even outside of that little 1up article a little while ago.

Ima not too frustrated as long as I get my Resistance fix and Resistance 2 coming out this year. Still I wish they would let out a bit of info on Confrontation though, and maybe a few updated screenshots.
gladtomeetya.gif

Top Bottom