• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big project revealed by Montréal-based developer on Monday ?

Jachaos

According to Denis Talbot, host of M.Net, a local videogame show on Musiqueplus (Québec's MTV/Much Music).

Quick, rough translation of part of the article
Last week, the phone rang. Once again it was time for revelations, confessions of which I couldn’t say a word about. I’m asked to keep it to myself. The voice on the phone is that of a colleague whom I respect. I’ll keep the anonymity for evident reasons.

After the usual joking, he describes his project to me. It’s very ambitious, surprising even ! After the call, I realize the scope of what I had just heard. You had to think about it.

I must say however that the person in question would manage to sell a steak to a vegetarian (he must be smiling reading these lines).

You’ll know more in the coming days, I’ll write a text on Monday to reveal the details of this important announcement. One thing is for sure, we won’t see our game environments the same way.

Also, know that the minds behind this crazy project will meet me on Monday night at 8pm on Radio-Talbot and the next day on M.Net. You won’t want to miss that show.

Can’t wait to tell you more !

Source
Source translated by Google Translate

I wonder. I hope it's not overhype.

Jachaos

Skimming through his other most recent article, it doesn't seem like it will be Far Cry 4. He has a part where he responds to a reader's comment about a rumour of Far Cry 4 being in development. He basically responds saying, Hey, I've got a scoop for you: the sun will rise next morning!

Fez II would be hilarious

Skimming through his other most recent article, it doesn't seem like it will be Far Cry 4. He has a part where he responds to a reader's comment about a rumour of Far Cry 4 being in development. He basically responds saying, Hey, I've got a scoop for you: the sun will rise next morning!

Also, that's Ubi Shanghai.

Edit: Oh, I should guess something. Watch Dogs Definitive Edition for Wii U.

Jachaos

After re-reading, I don't even know if it will be a game. I mean, he doesn't use the word game except when he says ''we won't see our game environments the same way'' and keeps using the word project and announcement, so it could also be a new tech or the like. Maybe a big idea for an Oculus Rift game ? I don't know, I think I'm reading too much in the choice of words.

FluxWaveZ

They wouldn't reveal it on a local Montreal show. It'll be Game Informer or E3 or a dedicated reveal event with multiple press outlets.

Of course, I'm mostly kidding. I wouldn't expect this game to be something significant at all. Perhaps on the level of Outlast, at the most.

Zarx

List of non mobile, non social, devlopment studios in Montreal

Behaviour Interactive - Make mostly licensed stuff, also WET, working on some part of Star Citizen. Probably not.

Compulsion Games - Indie studio, working on an "ambitious project" a decent candidate for this.

Cyanide Studio - They make budget titles such as the upcoming Styx: Master of Shadows, best known for Blood Bowl and Of Orcs and Men. Seriously dount they are doing anything amazing.

Eidos Montreal - Working on Theif and Deus EX. Unlikely.

Electronic Arts Montreal - Mostly do work on other EA studio's projects. They seem to be doing the bulk of the work on Mass Effect 4. They have 800+ devs so they could have another major project in the works. Possible.

Minority Media - Made Papo & Yo, working on a project called Silent Enemy which is about Bullying. They seem more narrative focused so unlikely.

Polytron Corp - FEZ, maybe FEZ2 is back as people mentioned but honestly I think he won't talk about it until he is ready to release it if it is still in development.

Red Barrels - Made Outlast, probably too soon to be talking about their next project.

Strategy First - Working on a Turn based Warhammer game.

Tribute Games - Working on Mercenary Kings.

Ubisoft Montreal - Work on everything from Assassin's Creed to Far Cry. Apparently the creator of Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon is working on a new project. Seems like a possible candidate.

Warner Brother Games Montreal - Made Arkham Origins

Wild Game Studios - Day One: Gary's Incident....

Jachaos

Rainbow Six: Partiots?

Edit: Music video show? Probably music related?

Nah, it's a game and tech show that runs on the equivalent of MTV/MuchMusic here. It's been running for over 15 years and they do videogame and tech related reviews, news and interviews.

Edit : I meant nah to the latter part. A big innovation in Rainbow Six: Patriots could be it, if it meant it changed first-person shooters or online multiplayer or video game visuals or something. Maybe a big business or actor deal ? Something that would change the perception of games at least here ? Tough to say, but I don't see Fez II being it if it simply Fez II. I don't see how we wouldn't ''see game environments the same way'' if it simply a sequel, unless there's big, big exaggeration on the tease.

Dean Evans game makes sense.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Compulsion Games - Indie studio, working on an "ambitious project" a decent candidate for this.

That was Contrast, released in november. I doubt they have something ready to show so soon...

Reveirg

Electronic Arts Montreal - Mostly do work on other EA studio's projects. They seem to be doing the bulk of the work on Mass Effect 4. They have 800+ devs so they could have another major project in the works. Possible.

Last I heard, they had layed off almost all of their staff. Studio still exists but they sure don't have 800 devs anymore. Visceral Montreal has been closed, EA Mobile is much smaller than before. Only Bioware remains untouched and like you said, they work on other EA studios projects.

Behavior has been hiring a bunch of short tern QA Testers lately so it could be them.

Jachaos

Last I heard, they had layed off almost all of their staff. Studio still exists but they sure don't have 800 devs anymore. Visceral Montreal has been closed, EA Mobile is much smaller than before. Only Bioware remains untouched and like you said, they work on other EA studios projects.

Behavior has been hiring a bunch of short tern QA Testers lately so it could be them.

Yeah LaPresse had an article about how they laid off 100 employees at the same time as they did in LA. Unpaid overtime, no paid vacations/compensation for crunch time to simply ship a playable product in Army of Two as soon as possible... seemed like horror stories.

Zarx

That was Contrast, released in november. I doubt they have something ready to show so soon...

Oh I guess they haven't updated their website lol

I guess they are smaller now. I forgot about Visceral Montreal, probably not them then.

Ricker

I listen to the show every night and I am not sure how great it will be...they sometimes have pretty good reveals but generally,this wont knock anyone socks off or it will be something that we know already.

Top Bottom