• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1Up Show 7.4 (Metal Gear Solid 4, Metal Gear Online, Lost Odyssey) !Wario64

LukeSmith

DevelopmentArrested said:
Shane: PS3 Rumble is better than 360 and Wii Rumble.

I said wow.

ShaneLOL.jpg

Shane didn't like the rumble in Phantasy Star Universe, since that's the last 360 game he played.

McDragon said:
Can someone post the Lost Odyssey info over here?

thanks in advance.

only one person played it.

she pretty much just said that they showed off a fight with lvl 99 characters and used a crazy powerful summon. Also a bit of the battle system was talked about in how that circle is used.

MrTroubleMaker said:
Me too, if its the same or better then the DS2 then I'll be very happy. So happy its back I'm importing one.

The Dualshock is a standard Bluetooth device, right? I'm thinking of getting one before I buy a PS3 just to use with my PC.

LukeSmith said:
[IG]http://xs119.xs.to/xs119/07386/ShaneLOL.jpg[/IMG]
Shane didn't like the rumble in Phantasy Star Universe, since that's the last 360 game he played.

IT'S ON

MCD

Linkzg said:
only one person played it.

she pretty much just said that they showed off a fight with lvl 99 characters and used a crazy powerful summon. Also a bit of the battle system was talked about in how that circle is used.

Interesting.

only thing missing from FF is the limit breaks now, and of course the name :D

thanks my friend, you made my day.

Rolf NB

traveler said:
Oh, it's not the rumble quality I'm worried about- it's the Sixaxis functionality. How on Earth will the Sixaxis motion control work with all that controller shaking?
It's an accelerometer, not a shake-o-meter. If the controller doesn't move, i.e. start flying out of your hands and across the room from the sheer rumble powah, it won't pick up a thing.
Also: games could take opportunity of the existance of time in our universe, and separate usage of rumble and motion sensing.

LukeSmith said:
http://xs119.xs.to/xs119/07386/ShaneLOL.jpg

that cant be Shane, under 'Consoles owned' it doesnt list anything.

it is hard to tell who is Judas now.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Salazar said:
This may be tiresomely uninformed or late or whatever, but has Sam Kennedy's 'huge game coming sooner than you think' thing that we were supposed to 'stay tuned' for worked out yet ? Have we seen what was important / exciting ?

If Sam is discussing, 10:1 it's a PS3 game

IzumiK

Banned
traveler said:
Oh, it's not the rumble quality I'm worried about- it's the Sixaxis functionality. How on Earth will the Sixaxis motion control work with all that controller shaking?

Wiimote doesn't work? =O

TheGreatDave said:
The Dualshock is a standard Bluetooth device, right? I'm thinking of getting one before I buy a PS3 just to use with my PC.

From what I've read the sixaxis is, so the DS3 should be as well.
I could be wrong though, I don't use mine with my PC

LukeSmith said:
http://xs119.xs.to/xs119/07386/ShaneLOL.jpg[IMG]
Shane didn't like the rumble in Phantasy Star Universe, since that's the last 360 game he played.[/QUOTE]
lol So what if he doesn't play the 360. Is it because you don't believe that he likes the Dualshock 3 better? Maybe he doesn't take his 360 online.

gketter said:
really? Even if its PS2 tech rumble (which i'm not 100% sure of) I'd still think its better than the 360 and Wii rumble.

well, Wii has the worst rumble since the Rumble Pack days, so yeah.

LukeSmith said:
Ok we get it you love Halo.
"Just call it 17.25 seconds," laughs Halo 3 design lead Jaime Griesemer. "It was probably shorter than that, but just say it's 17.25 seconds, anyway." No, Griesemer isn't modifying his statements about 30 seconds of fun in game design; he's talking about how many seconds of Halo 3 single-player footage I'd just watched.
:lol :lol :lol

Kyoufu

Patapon looks amazing. Is it PSP only or is it getting a PSN release too? I'd buy it if it was cheap enough.

Rolf NB

LukeSmith said:
Your memory fails you. Try to remember what you said, and you may or may not find it within you.
No need to get so active. You were providing context for the reliability of Shane's opinion and I was providing context for the reliability of your opinion. Nothing that should make a pro blink.

Linkzg said:
your tag is so appropriate

and the 1up userbase is hilarious
Such loyal fans commenting on a year old preview.

durrrrrrrrrr.jpg

Wrong site for Grammar Thumpers
Author: Poolboy , 09/11/2007

Well i guess today's "idiot of the day" award goes to(drum role) "prvt_philatio" clearly just needing to show that he has some sort of education not realizing that asking for a preview...a friggin preview of the game makes him look more incompitant, are you serious? Ask your 8 year old cousin how to navigate through a website ass-clown. I think most people, myself included just write on this thing, then realize all of the typo's but still know that everyone will understand what they ment..<--- see did it right there, and not CARE to go back and fix it! The site is for games and even more specific right here halo 3 so go back to your singles dating websites where someone may, may reply if your lucky. And whatever that guys name is who said halo 3 will flop, go back to your paper weight of a PS3 and play some lair, ya wanna talk flop, the game got a 4.9 haha that new gundam game got a higher ranking. Idiots got nothing good or interesting to say then yup you guessed it don't say anything at all!

ps can't play in traffic your moms cooking that pie i like tonight!
:lol :lol

Darth Sonik

we need more FPS games
What I don't get is the expectation that Mistwalker exists to further the JRPG genre, when it is working with new/inexperienced dev teams in the genre.

Maybe if they held 'SE' 'Level 5' et all to the same standard they might have a point, but they have been churning out near identical games for over 20 years.

Microsoft helped start Mistwalker to provide the Xbox 360 platform with JRPGs, something that had not occured with the Xbox. In that modest regard at least they are succeeding.

J-Rzez

Hmmm, I really don't care about rumble too much, very little at all... But, the varying degree's and locational rumble sounds cool, I wanna check that out... I doubt it's gonna be ground breaking, but, I guess you never know, as it does sound really complex...

But, MGS4, unbelievable... 08 is going to be a huge year for gaming as well...

traveler

Not Wario
Darth Sonik said:
What I don't get is the expectation that Mistwalker exists to further the JRPG genre, when it is working with new/inexperienced dev teams in the genre.

Maybe if they held 'SE' 'Level 5' et all to the same standard they might have a point, but they have been churning out near identical games for over 20 years.

Microsoft helped start Mistwalker to provide the Xbox 360 platform with JRPGs, something that had not occured with the Xbox. In that modest regard at least they are succeeding.

Sakaguchi is inexperienced?

TheKurgan

LukeSmith said:
http://xs119.xs.to/xs119/07386/ShaneLOL.jpg

LMFAO! That has to be the funniest post I have seen all year.

LukeSmith said:

Luke's E-Peins = Huge. H00G. Not only did he call it, he made other people say it. Huge.

Although, the masturbatory scene, not needed. We know. Huge.

Oh, regarding the show. Shitty college connection. Been waiting like an hour and half for the .wmv to finish. (Zipped 1up connection)

Darth Sonik said:

What I don't get is why it's suddenly become an issue to not "innovate" given under Sakaguchi the FF series never really did, and DQVIII reviews suggest it's not a massive issue in recent times, especially given that (recent...ish) title was driven by random encounters and traditional combat, where as LO will focus much more heavily on narrative. It's not as though level 5 weren't implementing dull action systems in RPGs in PS2 days, so why the sudden change of perspective?

Quagm1r3

Anyone try downloading the WMV version of 1up show? It was doing alright until it got to 20% and then it started going at snail speeds. Now it's not even progressing every second (more like 70KB every 5 seconds... O_O)

Quagm1r3

BradVanDam said:
WHRERE THE FUCK IS 1up YOURS $*%*$*%$%*$**%
WHRERE THE FUCK IS 1up YOURS $*%*$*%$%*$**%

WHRERE THE FUCK IS 1up YOURS $*%*$*%$%*$**%WHRERE THE FUCK IS 1up YOURS $*%*$*%$%*$**%WHRERE THE FUCK IS 1up YOURS $*%*$*%$%*$**%
vv
v
v
v
WHRERE THE FUCK IS 1up YOURS $*%*$*%$%*$**%WHRERE THE FUCK IS 1up YOURS $*%*$*%$%*$**%WHRERE THE FUCK IS 1up YOURS $*%*$*%$%*$**%v
WHRERE THE FUCK IS 1up YOURS $*%*$*%$%*$**%WHRERE THE FUCK IS 1up YOURS $*%*$*%$%*$**%v
WHRERE THE FUCK IS 1up YOURS $*%*$*%$%*$**%WHRERE THE FUCK IS 1up YOURS $*%*$*%$%*$**%WHRERE THE FUCK IS 1up YOURS $*%*$*%$%*$**%WHRERE THE FUCK IS 1up YOURS $*%*$*%$%*$**%WHRERE THE FUCK IS 1up YOURS $*%*$*%$%*$**%WHRERE THE FUCK IS 1up YOURS $*%*$*%$%*$**%WHRERE THE FUCK IS 1up YOURS $*%*$*%$%*$**%WHRERE THE FUCK IS 1up YOURS $*%*$*%$%*$**%WHRERE THE FUCK IS 1up YOURS $*%*$*%$%*$**%WHRERE THE FUCK IS 1up YOURS $*%*$*%$%*$**%
WHRERE THE FUCK IS 1up YOURS $*%*$*%$%*$**%WHRERE THE FUCK IS 1up YOURS $*%*$*%$%*$**%WHRERE THE FUCK IS 1up YOURS $*%*$*%$%*$**%WHRERE THE FUCK IS 1up YOURS $*%*$*%$%*$**%

Whoa buddy, I didn't go THAT far...

J-Rzez

Wow at WKS as well... Did Garnett say it looks better than the screen shots and trailers? Nice... And that looks so cool the noticeable difference of scale when fighting as the white knight, especially since your other party members are still there on the ground... Hype +1

Top Bottom