• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So when will Nintendo reveal it's next hardware ? console, NX ?

Armadilo

Banned
That patent from Nintendo was just discovered and people are starting to get very interested on whatever the NX is, so when will we know about it ? I guess the safe answer would be next years E3 or another theory is that Nintendo is going to reveal it early 2016 with a Nintendo Direct. What do you guys think? I hope its a new console

DJIzana

revealed e3 next year, released holiday 2017

Hmmm... I'm not so sure, despite what they say. Reason being is we don't know what's coming out in 2016 besides FE X SMT, Pokken Tournament and maybe the Wii U version of Zelda? Am I missing anything? I mean they could (and likely will) announce more titles for 2016 but I don't think they will. I think they'll talk about it and release it sooner than we think.

jeffers

E3 isnt a great place to launch hardware, within an hour of the end people are off talking about something else. reveal before, E3 blowout.

Shit's going to be out next year; Nintendo hasn't got another two years' worth of Wii U games in the pipe. Reveal early 2016, release holiday 2016.

Who

Banned
We will get first details on it in early spring I think, full reveal by e3, and launch by holidays.

beril

going by their history, a brief somewhat confusing press release a few weeks before E3 and then a full reveal at E3

i guess miyamoto will be presenting it.

reggie

also lol at OP, obviously E3
smugdon.png

It'll be revealed in the January direct (always a big one) and released that year.
lol you don't reveal a console in a random direct

NahaNago

i think a separate event for the reveal and E3 for the blowout of info on it and upcoming games. I was predicting 2017 for it but 2016 is a possibility if nx is just the connecting os of the handheld and console

BD1

Banned
I think it'll be a stand alone event. Factor in that, assuming there is no new handheld before, the NX reveal is the first big moment for the new CEO. It will be a very meticulously planned moment.

Parapraxis

They'd be nuts to wait until 2017.

WiiU is dead in the water, they need to get a successful, popular console out as soon as possible.

Griss

Microsoft and Sony have shown exactly how you do it.

Introductory event early in the year, full blow-out of info at E3, launch holiday time. Anything more is too long a gap and too late for their next system, anything less seems rushed.

March next year is my guess on the reveal.

revealed e3 next year, released holiday 2017
Not a chance.

Reveal April or May next year, software blowout at E3, releasing holiday 2016.

This is presuming both handheld and home console SKUs come out at the same time. If not, I imagine the home console will be spring 2017.

BD1

Banned

WiiU is dead in the water, they need to get a successful, popular console out as soon as possible.

Exactly. Zelda is the albatross as games go, but I have no clue how they can continue with Wii U until (presumably) Fall 2017. Wii U is almost completely irrelevant as is. No consumer electronics company, let alone Nintendo, can be that irrelevant for TWO more years.

Ansatz

Handheld SKU released holiday 2016, console the year after. They play basically the same games but in cases like Zelda U it will be marketed as a console title with all the benefits of a big HD screen etc.

Tregard

Soothsayer
- Announcement early next year in a special extra-long Nintendo Direct

- Launch Lineup and entire console plan outlined at E3 during stage show

- Out Holiday 2016 alongside Zelda NX & Super Mario 64-2

phanphare

Banned

I also feel like the handheld SKU will come first

Wii U might be dead in the water but that's pretty much a given. the 3DS is what needs replacing first and foremost.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Hmmm... I'm not so sure, despite what they say. Reason being is we don't know what's coming out in 2016 besides FE X SMT, Pokken Tournament and maybe the Wii U version of Zelda? Am I missing anything? I mean they could (and likely will) announce more titles for 2016 but I don't think they will. I think they'll talk about it and release it sooner than we think.
I think we heard about the NX earlier in its development/production cycle than we normally do with Nintendo products. The only reason we ever heard about it at all is that Nintendo was trying to assure consumers that they weren't giving up on traditional video games after the DeNA announcement.

We won't hear about the 2016 games until probably a direct later this year.

Not a chance.

Reveal April or May next year, software blowout at E3, releasing holiday 2016.

This is presuming both handheld and home console SKUs come out at the same time. If not, I imagine the home console will be spring 2017.

1. It's not a combination handheld/console.

2. 2016 is way too early for a release on the thing.

Kathian

Banned
reggie

smugdon.png

What nonsense. Nintendo has revealed all the 3DS iterations in a random direct. The januray direct is always a big one as well. People know the console so they can call it the NX Direct and people will tune in. For E3 they then go in with the push of software.

Escalario

Banned
reggie

smugdon.png

Actually that's how they will probably do it. Last time they've done a completely new hardware reveal was before the age of controlled message through the use of directs and Treehouse streams. N3DS was revealed in a random japanese direct. PS4 and X1 were revealed in "random" events.

Top Bottom