• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spanish 3DS LTD figures (hardware & software)

- Sales: 330.000 units (ties with Nintendo DS start, which sold 330.000 units aprox. between March and December 2005)

- Income: 45 million euros (far better than Nintendo DS start; 33 mill. euros on the same time)

- Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3D Land sold 127.000 copies combined until 31st December 2011

- Resident Evil: Revelations was the best selling game in Spain last week.

It seems that Spain is the 4th biggest market in Europe, and the 6th worldwide.

Source

(nice we're getting numbers from Nintendo for the European markets!)

Neo C.

For a country that is nearly broken and has the highest unemployment rate of youth, those numbers are quite encouraging.

For a country that is nearly broken and have the highest unemployment rate of youth, those numbers are quite encouraging.

But nintendo's still doomed don't forget that..

(seriously) I'm not suprised 2 awesome games at the end of 2011 and Revelations kicking off the year in style..

weeaboo

Yeah things are pretty rough here but believe me, 3DS had an extremly good christmas. Everyone loves Mario after all!

SPAIN. FUCK YEAH.

We are still buying things we really don't need and the country is near to collapse.

But on topic, very nice sales.

beje

Banned
For a country that is nearly broken and have the highest unemployment rate of youth, those numbers are quite encouraging.

For a little off-topic, real unemployment rate is actually much lower due to submerged economy. If we actually had >20%, streets would be on fire

BKK

No figures for 2011 yet, but 2010 was close between Spain and Italy. The gap has been closing for some time.

We usually get a lot more from Nintendo Iberia than this.

TuMfT.jpg

6GtuH.jpg

I think our whole economy is based upon things people don't really "need"? :p

Yeah, but my point is that people is finding hard to reach month's end (i dunno if there's an expression suitable for this situation in English lol) and they still buy "useless" shit.

And I consider myself part of the problem, but luckily I can afford my hobbies for the moment.

Why not?
I'm not saying you're wrong, but I can figure they're almost similar in terms of sales and revenues, with Italy as a close fifth.

I tell you so because Italy is a huge market indeed, probably bigger than some may be crediting it; I believe Germany(supposedly European biggest market), UK and France are biigger, but Italy should be right after them.

Anyway since we're lacking any reliable sources one cannot say it one way or another I suppose.

Edit: I've just seen the slides, they make sense to me.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Yeah, but my point is that people is finding hard to reach month's end (i dunno if there's an expression suitable for this situation in English lol) and they still buy "useless" shit.

And I consider myself part of the problem, but luckily I can afford my hobbies for the moment.

People need whimsy in times like this.

As Italian, I can totally understand that, eh eh.
Btw, we don't know whether people who have financial problems buy video games; probably not, and there's still a big part of the population who is healthy in this terms.
In Italy you can see people who really don't have money to buy iPhone, iPad, SUV, etc. but that's because of the way of thinking and the fact that you can purchase such products by paying just a fee per month.

I tell you so because Italy is a huge market indeed, probably bigger than some may be crediting it; I believe Germany(supposedly European biggest market), UK and France are biigger, but Italy should be right after them.

Anyway since we're lacking any reliable sources one cannot say it one way or another I suppose.

Edit: I've just seen the slides, they make sense to me.

I do think the graphs posted above tell us a totally different story.

Atolm

Even with the high piracy rates, videogames are the only leisure thing us spaniards buy. Videogames are very profitable here, but you can't say the same about Blu-Rays, DVDs or music.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4

Spain has been the fourth biggest videogame market in Europe for quite a few years. This is not unexpected.

Vasili2K38

SPAIN. FUCK YEAH.

We are still buying things we really don't need and the country is near to collapse.

But on topic, very nice sales.

Quoted for truth. I don't know this will end, we had other major crisis but this seems very bad.

About the sales.. 3DS doomed? And not surprise about the Revelations sales, I'm considering myself buying a 3DS only for this game and Monster Hunter, and also for the large amount of games that my girlfriend loves in the system.

Wasn't Spain Sonyland for quite a long time? Or am I mistaken?

More in terms of home consoles, but if you consider the Wii boom.. in second place is the PS3, but the X360 also has done good numbers.

wabo

Banned
Wasn't Spain Sonyland for quite a long time? Or am I mistaken?

It is. PS3 sells far better than in US (and other UE countries, sort-of-Sonyland-too), ie, and PSP always did good numbers (in hardware, software is a whole different theme). However, the lack of PSP titles with DS dead and Nintendo releasing good games plus proper advertising did the "miracle".

And yes, economy is quite fucked up.

Bruno MB

- Sales: 330.000 units (ties with Nintendo DS start, which sold 330.000 units aprox. between March and December 2005)

- Income: 45 million euros (far better than Nintendo DS start; 33 mill. euros on the same time)

- Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3D Land sold 127.000 copies combined until 31st December 2011

- Resident Evil: Revelations was the best selling game in Spain last week.

It seems that Spain is the 4th biggest market in Europe, and the 6th worldwide.

Source

(nice we're getting numbers from Nintendo for the European markets!)

At first glance it surprised me the ratio of Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 sold for every 3DS system, I found it very impressive. Then I realized it isn't even bigger than in Japan.

Spain:

3DS --- 330,000
Super Mario 3D Land + Mario Kart 7 --- 127,000

Japan: (Media Create week 52)

3DS --- 4,282,143
Super Mario 3D Land + Mario Kart 7 --- 2,240,361

Indyana

In portable terms, I believe is very equal.

In consoles, Sony blasts.
No, Nintendo rules, but Sony is stronger than in other countries. These sales are from a year and a half ago.

Home Console sales - YTD / LTD: 560k / 4.490k
Wii: 263k (46.9%) / 2.260k (50.4%)
PS3: 201k (35.9%) / 1.450k (32.4%)
360: 96k (17.2%) / 770k (17.2%)

Portables - YTD / LTD: 360k / 7.460k
NDS: 258k (71.8%) / 5.060k (67.8%)
PSP: 102k (28.3%) / 2.400k (32.2%)

YTD / LTD: 920k / 11.950k

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
In Spain, Nintendo sold more Wiis than PS3s, so in home consoles Nintendo is also winning. However, the gap there is much tinnier than in other countries, and normally game sles are better for the PS3.

Top Bottom