• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sorry but Madden 08 PS3 = 30fps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zep

Banned
Old right...We've confirmed its 60fps!

No.

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/1590.html

However, the latest reports all came about from a recent interview with the EA team working on Madden, and the 60fps comment was misquoted. With so many people questioning the actual running speed of the game, we just had to get a once-and-for-all official answer from EA...and we got one today. It was about as clear and straightforward as humanly possible, and it lays all rumors to rest-

"Madden will NOT be at 60 fps on PS3," said EA's Tyrone Miller."

tanod

when is my burrito
Old - Brian Intihar posted in the last thread this same information after he called them about the rumor.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
DarienA said:
This will cost EA tons, and tons of sales on the PS3.
All the Madden fans will be like, "30fps!? That's unacceptable." Then, "What's an fps? Does it have the higher definitions?" Then, "Hay guys I bought the new Madden, wanna play?"

Ryck

Weak.....that is a shame.... I didn't get a Ps3 for madden but I really hoped it would be 60fps.... :(

Master Z

DarienA said:

I'm willing to bet that most people who will be buying madden won't even notice the framerate as long as it's consistent.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
It begins.

4v8nvw9.jpg

Baker

Banned
SapientWolf said:
All the Madden fans will be like, "30fps!? That's unacceptable." Then, "What's an fps? Does it have the higher definitions?" Then, "Hay guys I bought the new Madden, wanna play?"

Haha whatever.

Most Madden players will be all "FPS. Doodz when did they make Madden like Halo?"

And that's my stereotype for the day. Thank you.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
jjasper said:
If it is like NCAA it shouldn't be a problem

Stop settling. 60fps used to be a big f*ckin' deal. I thought with next-gen it'd become the norm but instead it remains the exception. Hell, within the next couple of years I can see it becoming a distant memory. *sigh*

Innotech said:
framerate doesnt matter.
it really doesnt.

Can't wait to see Ninja Gaiden 2 @ 30fps!! :D

Aalyx

Nobody will even notice unless you have a 360 and PS3 running right next to each other. There is nothing wrong with a solid 30FPS... (That said, it should still be 60FPS)

jjasper

bob_arctor said:
Stop settling. 60fps used to be a big f*ckin' deal. I thought with next-gen it'd become the norm but instead it remains the exception. Hell, within the next couple of years I can see it becoming a distant memory. *sigh*

I am not really settling. I personally have no problem with games running at 30 as long as they are locked in at 30 and they are not action games like Ninja Gaiden or racing games.

Yes, but the menu's are 60 FPS and as someone that prefers to traverse through menu hierarchies rather than play the actual game this is all that matters.

DarienA said:

How so? What other NFL PS3 game are people gonna buy?

If you are mad enough you can buy APF 2K8 but it also reportly runs at 30fps.

Its kind of weird to say something WONT GET ANY BETTER. I'd think a more reasonable response would be"we've been trying to catch up to the 360 version but we're going to probably lock it at 30fps" rather than announcing months in advance what framerate the game will run at. Sounds like they got moneyhatted or something, which wouldnt surprise me what with Microsoft's focus on the Madden-GTA-Halo trio.

Tobor said:
So I guess the 360 will be the console of choice for all the Madden competitions this year?

Due to its first mover advantage, great online support, better controller, lower price, and better versions of multi-platform games, the xbox 360 has become the de facto standard for next-gen sports gaming.
RRoD notwithstanding. :-(

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Tobor said:
So I guess the 360 will be the console of choice for all the Madden competitions this year?

The Xbox brand has been that to Madden for a few years now.

J-Rzez

Yet another inferior port from a notoriously inferior developer... If i cared one bit about football games, i'd buy the 360 version no doubt...

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Ah, the good old chicken-or-egg scenario. EA doesn't want to devote resources to the PS3 version because of the console's poor sales, but the PS3 needs better games to start outselling the 360. Poor sales leads to poor ports and poor ports lead to poor sales.

Tobor

Agent Icebeezy said:
The Xbox brand has been that to Madden for a few years now.

I meant to say that it would "stay" the standard.

RSTEIN said:
Ah, the good old chicken-or-egg scenario. EA doesn't want to devote resources to the PS3 version because of the console's poor sales, but the PS3 needs better games to start outselling the 360. Poor sales leads to poor ports and poor ports lead to poor sales.

Definitely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom