• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sorry but Madden 08 PS3 = 30fps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RSTEIN said:
Ah, the good old chicken-or-egg scenario. EA doesn't want to devote resources to the PS3 version because of the console's poor sales, but the PS3 needs better games to start outselling the 360. Poor sales leads to poor ports and poor ports lead to poor sales.

That's a part of it . . . but I think the PS3's problems more come from it being a year later than the 360 and far more expensive.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
jjasper said:
I am not really settling. I personally have no problem with games running at 30 as long as they are locked in at 30 and they are not action games like Ninja Gaiden or racing games.

Action, racers, sports, fighters and FPS should all be 60fps. It should be a rule etched in stone. An 11th Commandment even. Especially given the power of 360/PS3.

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
speculawyer said:
How so? What other NFL PS3 game are people gonna buy?

If you are mad enough you can buy APF 2K8 but it also reportly runs at 30fps.

Your sarcasm detector is broken, friend.

besada

Banned
dallow_bg said:
You don't like jokes?

Of course I do. Sadly, after the "OMG MS is closing down" thread, it's hard to tell when people are joking and when they're indulging in tinfoil hat parties.

Also, generally people don't try to defend their jokes as if they were actual statements.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
speculawyer said:

...I would think you would know me better than this by now. ;)

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
speculawyer said:
That's a part of it . . . but I think the PS3's problems more come from it being a year later than the 360 and far more expensive.

For sure. I didn't mean to imply that poor ports are among the console's more pressing issues. But the the trend of poor ports/inferior versions (e.g. Virtua Fighter 5, FEAR, TH:p8, etc. etc.) certainly doesn't help Sony's "superior hardware" positioning (or, in marketing terms "more for more").

dallow_bg

nods at old men
besada said:
Of course I do. Sadly, after the "OMG MS is closing down" thread, it's hard to tell when people are joking and when they're indulging in tinfoil hat parties.

Also, generally people don't try to defend their jokes as if they were actual statements.
Haha, that's true. Ooopsy.

J-Rzez

tha_con said:
LOL.

CoD4 = 60fps.

Madden 08 with jack and shit interesting going on? 30fps.

EA am fail.

It's seriously a joke... There's no excuse for it seeing what the PS3 is capable of now... EA fails again... The Burnout guys need to leave that place and find a respectable house...

manzo

I'm guessing:

360: 720p, 60fps
PS3: 1080p, 30fps.

If not, then EA has no excuse other than being lazy.

Tobor

J-Rzez said:
It's seriously a joke... There's no excuse for it seeing what the PS3 is capable of now... EA fails again... The Burnout guys need to leave that place and find a respectable house...

The amount of time and money needed to optimize it aren't justified by the potential sales?

J-Rzez

Tobor said:
The amount of time and money needed to optimize it aren't justified by the potential sales?

I understand business realistics, but this is as a gamer, NO... Seriously, they need to straighten their act out as it's getting disgusting... No reason for this while both machines are par, just they hose a certain segment because not enough are buying the games... Well, make the games better then we'll talk... They bring it upon themselves by effectively stunting their sales on their own behalf...

I'm seriously considering not picking up rockband now, it's that annoying... though i'm sure that'll be 12fps locked...

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
In a way, 30fps might actually be better for a sports game, if you think about it.

Squeak

This only says something about EA as a developer.
It a freaking football game FFS; a flat field a crow and some guys running on said field.
If you can't make that run at 60fps on PS3, there's something seriously wrong with you as a developer.

Porting direct-x code more or less directly to PS3 is the only reason for this.

manzo said:
I'm guessing:

If this is the case, which I doubt, then IMO it's a mistake.

1080p is nice but I'd personally take a much smoother game at 720p. The difference in resolution isn't that staggering, but the difference in framerate is definitely noticeable.

Torgo

manzo said:
I'm guessing:

Then that's the excuse that they'll have to go with. I hope that Madden on the PS3 actually supports 5.1 sound for a change, since it and Tiger Woods last year were in Dolby Prologic.

ShOcKwAvE

Oblivion said:
In a way, 30fps might actually be better for a sports game, if you think about it.

In a way, 480i black-and-white might be better for a sports game, if you REALLY think about it (which you obviously did not since only I am genius enough to do so).

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Tobor said:

OH MY GOD THANK YOU FOR SAYING THIS.

I can't understand for the life of me why so many people on this forum - which is supposed to be the premier gaming forum on the Internet - don't understand the budgeting process for game development. Why the **** would you spend more on a game that is destined to sell less? WHY? DEVELOPERS AREN'T LAZY. They want to make money, like any enterprise. If this offends your fanboy sensibilities then you need to shut the **** up and get the **** out.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
speculawyer said:

I think he was joking. The main market for Madden aren't videophiles like dark10x.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Striker said:
So, EA's fault if APF is also 30 fps on the PS3? You am fail.

APF also runs at 30 FPS on 360 when you play online...the main mode for the game. I think 2k fails all around in general.

Ryck

Oblivion said:
Are you the same guy from the last thread that said he was happy since "60 fps is too fast" for him?

newsguy

Master Z said:
I'm willing to bet that most people who will be buying madden on the PS3 are the same zombies who buy Madden every year on a Sony system. They could get stick figures with outdated rosters and 10 fps and won't know the difference.

fixed.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Ryck said:
Are you the same guy from the last thread that said he was happy since "60 fps is too fast" for him?

This thread is really déjà vu, but there aren't enough "30 fps rocks!" guys in here, so the entertainment value isn't quite there yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom