• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FX orders animated comedy "Archer" (from the Frisky Dingo/Sealab guys)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoneBone

Clip here. The wounds of Frisky Dingo's demise have yet to heal, but this'll help.
FX orders animated comedy
'Archer' voice cast includes Aisha Tyler, Chris Parnell

By Nellie Andreeva

FX is making a rare foray into animation with a new comedy series from Adam Reed, the cable network's first cartoon in 10 years.

Tentatively titled "Archer," the series, which has received a six-episode order for a launch in the fall, is set at ISIS, an international spy agency whose highly trained employees constantly confuse, undermine, betray and royally screw one another.

"Archer" features the voices of Jon Benjamin ("Family Guy") as suave master spy Sterling Archer, code name Duchess; Jessica Walter ("Arrested Development") as Malory, his domineering mother and boss; Aisha Tyler ("Friends") as his ex-girlfriend, Agent Lana Kane; Chris Parnell ("Saturday Night Live") as Cyril Figgis, an ISIS comptroller and Lana's new love interest; and Judy Greer ("Miss Guided") as Malory's lovesick secretary, Cheryl.

The pilot for "Archer" quickly built strong buzz after being delivered to FX a month ago.

"It is a smart, adult comedy," said Nick Grad, executive vp original programming at FX. "It clearly fits the FX brand, and we believe it will find support from the fans of 'It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.' "

"Archer" has yet to get a premiere date and time slot but likely will be paired with "Sunny" sometime during its six-episode run.

The last time FX took a stab at launching an animated series was in 1999 with "The Dick & Paula Celebrity Special," which ran for one season.

Produced by FX Prods., "Archer" was created by Adam Reed & Floyd County Prods. Reed co-created with Matt Thompson the Adult Swim animated series "Frisky Dingo" and "Sealab 2021."

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah, I assume that line'll be bleeped. Funny clip though, that picture of his mom and Duchess was creepy.:lol

Snaku

Banned
FoneBone said:
The wounds of Frisky Dingo's demise have yet to heal, but this'll help.

No kidding. I'm still butthurt over only getting two measly episodes of the Xtacles. What a cocktease that was. Sad boosh. :(

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
"Archer" features the voices of Jon Benjamin ("Dr Katz") as suave master spy Sterling Archer, code name Duchess; Jessica Walter ("Arrested Development") as Malory, his domineering mother and boss; Aisha Tyler ("Friends") as his ex-girlfriend, Agent Lana Kane; Chris Parnell ("Saturday Night Live") as Cyril Figgis, an ISIS comptroller and Lana's new love interest; and Judy Greer ("Miss Guided") as Malory's lovesick secretary, Cheryl.

SOLD!

ZAK

Hmmmmm, looks pretty good.

There's "more" animation than in Frisky Dingo, but it looks awkward. Maybe I'm just not used to it.

Hope this goes on Hulu.

Phobophile

A scientist and gentleman in the manner of Batman.
Topher said:
FX gets away with A LOT of stuff on basic cable. I mean, some of the things they get past censors amazes me sometimes.
It's cable. They don't need censors, just sponsors that'll tolerate the swearing.

"Random? It was your dogs name!" :lol

This looks pretty good. I was a fan of Frisky and Sealab so I'll be sure to check this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom