• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crytek Announces Fibble (iOS/Android) - First Screenshots And Trailer

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It seems Crytek has announced their first mobile game. It's um... not quite their usual fare.

Trailer/Website: http://www.fibble.com/

Press Release said:
Crytek Goes Mobile with ‘FIBBLE – Flick ‘n’ Roll’

03/05/2012

[This unedited press release is made available courtesy of Gamasutra and its partnership with notable game PR-related resource GamesPress.]

Frankfurt (Germany), March 5, 2012 – Crytek GmbH (‘Crytek’), award-winning developer of the critically acclaimed Crysis ® series, announced today their very first mobile game, ‘Fibble – Flick ‘n’ Roll’. The highly engaging puzzle game combines strategy with physics based interactions with vivid and highly detailed visuals. Fibble will be available in Spring 2012 and comes to iOS and Android systems.

“Going mobile is an incredibly exciting step for us as a game development company. The way that people play games on mobile devices is a real blessing. This allows us to get back to our roots, experiment and focus our energy on creating great gameplay experiences while still keeping Crytek’s high production values.”, said Cevat Yerli, CEO & President of Crytek.

“With Fibble - Flick ‘n’ Roll, Crytek is aiming to surprise people with a whole new style of game as well as to make a big impact in the field of mobile entertainment. It will also give us a great opportunity to make a big splash with a whole new generation of players who’ve yet to play a Crytek game. We ourselves love to play games on mobile devices and we very much look forward to bringing our production values and skills to them.”, added Nick Button-Brown, General Manager Games at Crytek.

Crytek’s first mobile game stars the cute but brave and curious extraterrestrial ‘Fibble’, who crash lands in a suburban home on Earth. In the crash, Fibble becomes separated from his crew. In order for the gang to return safely to their home planet, the player needs to help Fibble find and regroup his mates, by searching the mysterious location room by room.

This endeavour is not as easy as it sounds though, and throughout the adventure, Fibble will need all the help he can get from a crowd of Mini creatures that each possess a particular skill.

For more details on Fibble – Flick ‘n’ Roll, please visit: www.fibble.com
Source: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/press...uoFIBBLE_ndash_Flicklsquonrsquo_Rollrsquo.php

rooms_kitchen50jsz.jpg

rooms_bathmnjtx.jpg

rooms_childs8akjo.jpg

rooms_basementwmj4s.jpg

Weird name?
The word "flick"?
Puzzle?
Physics?

All it needs is to confirm that it's got a three star rating system and it's ticked all of the boxes!

(But seriously, that looks nice.)

This looks interesting. I watched the trailer (completely pointless), read the OP, and browsed the site but I still can't figure out what you actually do in this game (besides flick 'n' roll, I suppose). Anyone have a clue?

Side note: that pizza box looks great.

Goli

Looks good. All the common use everyday-found household objects in the screenshots give me a strange Chibi Robo vibe.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Er...I'm assuming that the graphics are overlayed on pre-rendered backdrops. So the graphic style looks great, but the actual graphics are just the character and pickups on the track.

I'll be shocked if this isn't the case.

Xun

Er...I'm assuming that the graphics are overlayed on pre-rendered backdrops. So the graphic style looks great, but the actual graphics are just the character and pickups on the track.

I'll be shocked if this isn't the case.
Either that or the lights are baked.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Looks cool. No way my phone can play that. Hopefully my Tegra2 android tablet can.
Judging by the screenshots your phone should be able to play that just fine - it's mostly in the artstyle.

Top Bottom