• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Voice Chat Ep 22

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wasn't the last one just a few days ago? Or am I imagining things?

Fantastical

Death Prophet
This week's topics again include two exclusive interviews, one with Lock's Quest team at 5th Cell and the other with Moon developer Renegade Kid. Of course, we talk about other games, including Mystery Case Files and Little King's Story. And, obviously, we answer a bunch of reader mail.
Of course, we talk about other games, including Mystery Case Files and Little King's Story.
Little King's Story
:D Hope they have something positive to say and not something bland.

MarkusRJR

New podcast?! :eek:

*downloads on shitty connection*

This'll take a while...
Can't wait.

I'm probably 1 of the 6 people who regularly listen to to their podcast and not just wait for the summary.

I don't usually listen to podcasts, but I'm listening to this mainly for the LKS impressions and the Lock's Quest/Moon interviews. Really interested in these.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Yaceka said:
New podcast?! :eek:

*downloads on shitty connection*

This'll take a while...
Can't wait.

I'm probably 1 of the 6 people who regularly listen to to their podcast and not just wait for the summary.
I listen to it occasionally. I don't think it's as bad as GAF makes it out to be, but it is FAR from the best videogame podcast. I don't mind Chobot either... I know a lot of people hated when she was on.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Goddamn it IGN, this fucking happens every week. I dunno if I'll redownload-

pakkit said:
I'm number two, fuck homework.

number three reporting in, damnit.

MarkusRJR

Mini-Summary of Random Semi-Interesting Shit:
-ZOMG! Bozon played through Mega-fucking-Man 9!
-Oh shit! Did Bozon just compare Lock's Quest to Warcraft 2. 0.o
-Little King Story sounds awesome. Health somewhat represents age. Lower health = older, grumpier, not as willing to follow commands.
Sad about lack of IR though
-NHL 2k9: Looks like "ass", plays okay. Looks like first gen PS1 according to Bozon. :lol
-:lol @ Penis Monster Joke ("I can't wait to play with his Penis Monster" - Craig)
-"Some" company's have Motion Plus dev kits. They can't say who though, as it might ruin relationships (in other words, they're avoiding another Factor 5-Kid Icarus incident).
-Most hyped upcoming games of 2008 (on all consoles):
Bozon: Dead Space
Daemon: Prince of Persia
Craig: Animal Crossing: City Folk (hoping for it to be different from the DS/GC versions)
Matt: N/A
-Oh god... ANOTHER Kid Icarus question... (it happens every podcast... they're not gonna say anything; If they even know anything)
-One console future: Competition bring innovation. If there was ever one console, another console would just come out.

Shit... My Creative Zen froze. I need a new MP3 player badly... *restarts Zen*

-The main portion is over?! Wait-that was a 40 minute podcast. :p New high score!
-This intro/outtro sounds like they came from Runescape. :lol
-This first interview is extremely boring. I'm sure as hell not doing any updates (however ridiculously small they may be) on this/
-Did they just say there's a possibility for Drawn to Life... on CONSOLES?! *shits pants* (Ha, I already failed at not doing any updates for this interview)
-New DS game from the creators of Drawn to Life and Lock's Quest?! The person being interviewed hyped it quite a bit. He says it'll be revealed next year.
-Holy shit! Interview with Renegade Kid! (One of my favourite developers currently; loved Dementium beyond belief)
-Nothing interesting so far. *waits for new information on Moon/Wii game*
-Mastiff asked for a quote about Moon. Matt gave them one saying it's similar to Metroid.
-Potential storyline twists in Moon.
-Moon runs at a solid 60fps. Also, apparently Matt is a "frame rate Nazi".
-Wii-esque aiming on DS? Could work pretty well but it's not in the game currently.
-And that's it.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Yaceka said:
(in other words, they're avoiding another Factor 5-Kid Icarus incident).

Ohshit, I was right last week? The Kid Icarus thing actually did put Matt in the Factor 5 doghouse? :lol

Crystal Bearers getting teased once again...They reiterate that it was playable at some point. But apparently nothing about it from their sources since...
I think there is still a chance that we hear about it in the first few days of October (TGS/rumored Nintendo Fall Conference), but at this point, I can't even be so sure that this game still exists...Guess there still the various rumors and insiders hints to give hope that this game is still on track. And even then, we're not even sure what kind of beast will come out of this...

-Little King Story sounds awesome. Health somewhat represents age. Lower health = older, grumpier, not as willing to follow commands.
Yeah, that aspect sounds pretty hilarious :lol . Really can't wait for this.

MarkusRJR

Andrex said:
Ohshit, I was right last week? The Kid Icarus thing actually did put Matt in the Factor 5 doghouse? :lol
Seems that way. Last pocast they mentioned "Not getting a phone call back". Although that could have been a joke, who knows with these guys. :p

titiklabingapat said:
wait wait wait wait.

King Story doesn't have ir controls? Wtf?
My thoughts exactly.

Stormbringer said:
Crystal Bearers getting teased once again...They reiterate that it was playable at some point. But apparently nothing about it from their sources since...
I think there is still a chance that we hear about it in the first few days of October (TGS/rumored Nintendo Fall Conference), but at this point, I can't even be so sure that this game still exists...Guess there still the various rumors and insiders hints to give hope that this game is still on track. And even then, we're not even sure what kind of beast will come out of this...

FFCC isn't dead.

Stormbringer said:
I see no reason to think it's canned. . . hell, GC got a FFCC so I don't see why they would can the only FF game (FFCC, which came as a bone to toss to GC fans) they have for the Wii aka the console that sells bat shit crazy levels in JPN.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Andrex said:
number three reporting in, damnit.

Number four in, sir! However, I sometimes listen to the podcast after reading the summary if my connection gets shitty.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Black-Wind said:
I see no reason to think it's canned. . . hell, GC got a FFCC so I don't see why they would can the only FF game (FFCC, which came as a bone to toss to GC fans) they have for the Wii aka the console that sells bat shit crazy levels in JPN.

This is a (bad) ripoff of my post a few days ago... v.v

Dragona Akehi said:
FFCC isn't dead.
Black-Wind said:
Despite my rather pessimistic tone, that really is what I would be inclined to believe. But I have some doubts, and the way S-E turned out being ultra-secretive about this project doesn't exactly help relieve these doubts either... If anything, I guess I turned out to be a bit blasé with the lack of informations around this game. I must however say that I'm entirely willing to wait for an official announcement before setting my mind on its fate.

Stormbringer said:
Despite my rather pessimistic tone, that really is what I would be inclined to believe. But I have some doubts, and the way S-E turned out being ultra-secretive about this project doesn't exactly help relieve these doubts either... If anything, I guess I turned out to be a bit blasé with the lack of informations around this game. I must however say that I'm entirely willing to wait for an official announcement before setting my mind on it.

If anything they are revamping it and sending a lot more money into the project. After the initial success of the Wii, they were something like "hmmmm... I think the game is good as is." Now that the Wii's success has been sustained they are going to want to put more effort into the project. If they work with Nintendo about good online for co-op or better DS connectivity in the game, then I think that would be a huge selling point and probably influence Nintendo to step forward more on those fronts.

MarkusRJR

Here's a more condensed to the point mini-summary (going to bed after I post this; I have a really bad cold and want it gone by tomorrow or the day after):

-Bozon is playing through Mega Man 9. Currently Embargoed.
He's stuck on Wily

Mystery Case Files MillionHeir:
-Good fit for DS.
-Appears to be going after Professor Layton audience, but in reality it's a different beast.
-Easier than Professor Layton.
-Fairly casual game.
-You find items hidden in busy scenery.
-If you play the game a second time you'll get different items to find, adding to the replay value.
-Score given: 7.7

-Positive impressions Little King Story. Health represents age. Lower health = older, grumpier, not as willing to follow commands. Lack of IR control though.
-NHL 2k9: Looks like "ass", plays okay. Looks like first gen PS1 according to Bozon.
-"Some" company's have Motion Plus development kits. They can't say who though, as it might ruin relationships (in other words, they're avoiding another Factor 5-Kid Icarus incident).
-Star Wars: The Force Unleashed: 360/PS3 versions are more like tech demos while Wii version is more like a game. Only downside mentioned is PS2/PSP graphics.
Bozon: Dead Space
Daemon: Prince of Persia
Craig: Animal Crossing: City Folk (hoping for it to be different from the DS/GC versions)
Matt: N/A
-On the topic of a one console future: Competition bring innovation. If there was ever only one console on the market, another console would just come out.

Interview with people from Lock's Quest/Drawn to Life development team (5th Cell):
-There's a possibility for Drawn to Life on consoles.
-No current Wii projects.
-There's a new DS game from the creators of Drawn to Life and Lock's Quest! The person being interviewed hyped it up quite a bit. He says it will be revealed next year.

Interview with people from Renegade Kid:
-Mastiff asked Matt for a quote about Moon. Matt gave them one saying that it's similar to Metroid.
-Potential storyline twists in Moon.
-Moon runs at a solid 60fps.
-Wii Remote-esque aiming on DS? Could work pretty well but it's not in the game currently.
-And that's it.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Listening now, almost halfway through.

-No current Wii projects.

Frown01.gif

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Black-Wind said:
. . . .

This.

Not that I actual know what you posted afew days ago. . . do keep tabs on people:D

Sure sure. ;) Just keep spreading the good news I suppose. :p

MarkusRJR

DevelopmentArrested said:
Any Mystery Case Files impressions?
One second... I'll go back to the podcast and post some.

-Good fit for DS.
-Appears to be going after Professor Layton audience, but in reality it's a different beast.
-Fairly casual game.
-If you play the game a second time you'll get different items to find, adding to the replay value.

Added to condensed mini-summary :D

Stopsign said:
If anything they are revamping it and sending a lot more money into the project. After the initial success of the Wii, they were something like "hmmmm... I think the game is good as is." Now that the Wii's success has been sustained they are going to want to put more effort into the project. If they work with Nintendo about good online for co-op or better DS connectivity in the game, then I think that would be a huge selling point and probably influence Nintendo to step forward more on those fronts.
Yes, that could definitely be a reasonable explanation for this delay. But again, if you had any interest in this project in the first place, it's rather frustrating to be confronted to the complete lack of informations, hints, or leaks on what happened to it. So I think that would be where the pessimism comes from.
However, despite being one of these pessimist, I'm still very much hopeful that all the parties involved in this project made the right choices, and that we will get to hear more about this when the right time comes.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Yaceka said:
One second... I'll go back to the podcast and post some.

-Good fit for DS.
-Fairly casual game.

Added to condensed mini-summary :D
Sounds crappy, bring me Layton 2 instead NoA.

P.S. Lack of IR in LKS is a positive thing in my book.

The M.O.B

Jackson's(or jeremy's) interview was way shorter than jools. :(

Looking forward to both Moon and whatever 5th cell's new projects is. Jackson seemed really excited about it.

Top Bottom