• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gunman kills 6 in Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised that this kind of news aren't "news" anymore, I found it first in a mexican source.

SWAT officers shot and killed a gunman early Saturday after he killed six people, ending an hours-long standoff near Miami, Fla., police said.

Two people were rescued alive and unharmed from an apartment building where they were being held hostage, Hialeah police spokesman Sgt. Eddie Rodriguez told NBC News.
Police identified the shooter as Pedro Vargas, 42, at a press conference on Saturday, according to NBC Miami.

The victims were identified as Italo Pisciotti, 79; Camira Pisciotti, 69; Carlos Javier Gavilanes, 33; Patricio Simono, 64; Merly S. Niebles, 51, and Priscilla Perez, 17.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...n-in-florida-shootout-2-hostages-rescued?lite

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
*sigh*

How many is it now? This kind of thing isn't even shocking anymore. Depressing.

Popparoks

r0AYH.gif

Vargas? So he's Latino?

Gah dammit. Before, we only had to worry about white people shooting up places. Now Latino people are joining too?

no longer safe.

joke

strobogo

Banned
SWAT things usually aren't national news unless there is a large body count or bomb or a Heat-like shoot out. My city has 2 or 3 SWAT events a year and they don't even make it to the Indy papers or news.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Police said the gunman had no criminal record, bought his handgun legally and had a concealed weapons permit.

: |

mr2xxx

Banned
Only positive when things like this become common is that it gets less attention and reduces the chances of copy cats.

Ultryx

It's really unfortunate he killed 6 people before the police got him. It makes me sad when others take people's lives like this :(

My thoughts go out to the families involved.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Unorganized tidbits from various sources

- There was like an 8 hour standoff.

- After the standoff, the shooter held a set of two hostages for up to 3 hours before police came in and rescued them, killing the shooter

- Some residents could actually hear the negotiations between Pedro (the shooter) and the police.

- During negotiations, the shooter asked for his girlfriend then his mother

- The youngest victim was about to start her senior year in high school

- Shooter was using a 9mm pistol

- One source says the shooter was there illegally

- The shooter lit his apartment on fire by burning $10K in cash

- Police sent a robot in before coming in physically

- The 9 year old granddaughter of the managers shot was in the building at the time

- After shooting the managers, the shooter barged into an apartment and killed a family of three

- Police offered food and drink but shooter declined. He was hard to understand as he was speaking "Spanglish".

- “Our procedure is that we don’t wait, we enter and engage,” said police spokesman Carl Zogby. “We believe that it was our pursuing him that made him run for cover and barricade himself in that apartment, and kept him from killing more people.”

- Motive not yet determined

Then why not Colorado, LA, Chicago, and Detroit just to name a few?

Hey Hey Hey.

Chicago violence is pretty controlled.

CPD and the mayor have managed to control it and allow the violence to flow only in the less desirable areas of the city so it really does not affect most of us.

Most of the violence is also thug on thug violence so its fine in a way.

Sayter

True. The ones who say they want us to handle mental health issues (but never guns) are the ones who are siphoning funds from public mental health services every chance they get.

Funky does have a point though. But you're right as well. It disappoints me how issues that need to be addressed the most get the least attention.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Hey Hey Hey.

CPD and the mayor have managed to control it and allow the violence to flow only in the less desirable areas of the city so it really does not affect most of us.

This is why "Chiraq" is mostly bullshit.

It's not like innocent civvies are constantly getting blasted (from all sides) in Chicago like they do all over the Middle East.

Hey Hey Hey.

Uh is this a serious post? I mean...

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Hey Hey Hey.

SMH

Sayter

Hey Hey Hey.

So let's let the desirables fend for themselves?

DukeBobby

Hey Hey Hey.

Child please.

Yeah I work and live close by. It was pretty crazy I was nearby when it happen I was at a friends house that lives a block or two away.

Derwind

Hey Hey Hey.

I agree. Also we need to annex them some way. Maybe build an island guarded by turrets and drop them with a single rusty knife, a can of tuna and bottle of koolaid... the red kind.... and make a survival game show out of them.

"SUPER Armageddon UltraDOM 2014 in 3D Pay-per-view"

But its fine tho, its Thug on thug.

$$$

gwarm01

Why not Texas?

Because it's an internet thing to hate on Florida despite the fact that every state has horrible people that do horrible shit. The only reason why people think Florida is so bad is because it is a thing to post about Florida stuff, probably due to that damn Bugs Bunny gif.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom