• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Edge Christmas Edition Scores, including Mario Galaxy and pissing on The Witcher

Dabanton

Mario Galaxy 10
Uncharted - 8
Assassins Creed - 7
Crysis - 9
Mass effect - 7
COD4 - 9
Kane and lynch - 6
Tony Hawk Proving Ground - 6
The simpsons game - 5
Zack and Wiki - 8
The Witcher - 5
Blade storm - 8
Castlevania Dracular x - 7
silent hill origins - 7
Hellgate - 6
Timeshift - 6
mutant storm empire - 8
Guitar Hero III - 6
Beowulf - 5
Need for speed pro street - 6

bud

do you have the mag or did you copy and paste this from somewhere else? i'd like to know what they said about k&l, sho and asscreed.

Kildace

Well deserved score for SMG. Uncharted beating Mass Effect will certainly make a few members of this board happier. Good scores all around.

Mario Galaxy 10 (Hell yeah!)
Uncharted - 8 (Nice)
Assassins Creed - 7 (about the score i will give)
Crysis - 9 (Great)
Mass effect - 7 (oh...)
COD4 - 9 (Deservedly so)
Kane and lynch - 6 (Oh dear)
Zack and Wiki - 8 (Want this game so much)
Guitar Hero III - 6 (ooh err)

I wonder what they thought of Mass Effect....could it be MS' first Bald Space Marine flop? I don't know, Shepard, I don't think you have it in you to succeed....

LockeEffectII.jpg

"DON'T EVER TELL ME WHAT I CAN'T DO!!!"

Whoa, okay buddy. Carry on.

ksamedi

Whats the reason for a 6 for Guitar Hero, I'm on the fence for that one but I'm in doubt about the quality or difficulty.

I actually predicted Galaxy's 10 last month when i said the third game from an established 10 game will get a 10 (Halo 3, Orange Box and now Galaxy)

Mdk7

Yay for Galaxy, the 10 is well deserved (and after all the other top scores was a bit expected too).
OUCH for Mass Effect, AC is the decent game i've always said it would have been.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
CTLance said:
SMG as expected. Kinda low overall scores, maybe I'm spoiled by previous months.

:lol

But seriously, this issue seems to just hand out the high scores. Crysis? 9? RLY?

Kabouter

ItsInMyVeins said:
:lol

But seriously, this issue seems to just hand out the high scores. Crysis? 9? RLY?
Starting to think Crysis may actually be worth it, guess I'll find out in a couple years :p
Am kinda surprised by Timeshift getting a 6 (higher than I expected), Kane & Lynch getting a 6 (lower than I expected) and a 5 for the Witcher (much lower than I expected).

No_Style

Uncharted: 8/10 from Edge.
Fantastic.

Mass Effect: 7/10
Assassin's Creed: 7/10
Text required!

SMG: 10/10
Predictable.

Leonsito said:
The Witcher - 5
The Witcher - 5
The Witcher - 5
The Witcher - 5

WHAT??

To the castle! I'l bring the pitchforks, you grab some torches.

Seriously that is such a wrong score on that game that it is not funny. Whoever reviewed that game did not get the game. At all.

Zabojnik

So Kane & Lynch got a 6. Yeah, I'm three hours into the game, seems about right. 5 for The Witcher on the other hand, so, so wrong.

itsinmyveins

jj984jj said:
Third 10 in a row! Unbelievable!

Yeah, and I'm betting they're starting to regret the ten they shelled out to Halo 3, which by now has gotta be starting to look silly next to games like COD4 and Crysis and such.

Haunted

Generally sounds about right. Out of those I played, I'd personally score Assassin's Creed a bit higher and Hellgate/The Simpsons game a bit lower.

CassSept

So, in 14 years there are eight 10s, and three in a row?
Anyway, scoring SMG anything under 10 would be dumb, this is one of games that really really deserve it.
GOTY is awarded in next month issue? I wonder who will win the award (tip: SMG should, any list that doesnt award SMG GOTY is worthless)

Dabanton

ItsInMyVeins said:
Yeah, and I'm betting they're starting to regret the ten they shelled out to Halo 3, which by now has gotta be starting to look silly next to games like COD4 and Crysis and such.

Come on now.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Vyse said:
Not big fans of RPG's I see.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about these scores. Hope I get this issue, would like to see what they say. Witcher at least is quite a great RPG.

Jonnyram

jj984jj said:
Third 10 in a row! Unbelievable!
But this holiday season has been the best concentrated few months of gaming for a long, long time, so it's kind of expected. Mario Galaxy is the kind of game that makes you regret giving 10s to other stuff though. It is the very definition of perfection.

itsinmyveins

Dabanton said:
Come on now.

No, I'm serious. I think that 10 is ridiculous and I'm honestly sure that within a year most people will agree that Halo 3 was only wearing the emperors new clothes and nothing more. It's easily eight outta ten and possibly a nine but still a far cry from ten. Yeah.

Top Bottom