• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Student killed with exploding gum...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/12/09/ukrainian-student-killed_n_385639.html

A 25-year-old student in the Ukraine has been killed by an exploding stick of chewing gum, according to the Russian news agency Ria Novosti.

"A loud pop was heard from the student's room," a police officer explained, according to USA Today. "When his relatives entered the room they saw that the lower part of the young man's face had been blown off."

In terms of what might have caused the incident, the Telegraph says the student was apparently working on an experiment and had covered the gum in a chemical solution, possible some type of explosive, before trying to chew it. Ria Novosti reports that the student had the highly unusual habit of chewing gum that he had dipped into citric acid. Police believe the student may have confused the chemical packets he had applied to the gum before chewing.

152334888_1cc04d259f.jpg

How does this happen? Why would he have chemicals lying around that could do that?

"Oops, I accidentally dipped my gum in this homemade explosive instead of my flavor enhancer."

WTF

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Damn... good thing he didn't blow a bubble.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
UnholySpectacle said:
How does this happen? Why would he have chemicals lying around that could do that?

"Oops, I accidentally dipped my gum in this homemade explosive instead of my flavor enhancer."

WTF

it sounds like he was working on an experiment, and mixed up the solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom