• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece: Kaizoku Musou Announced (PS3, Namco Bandai X Tecmo Koei)

TreIII

Alrighty...let's see what they can do with this here. Maybe this game will finally get me into the series.

Seraphis Cain said:
Oh hey, the old DARK AND MATURE argument.

It's a kids show. The difference is what's considered appropriate for kids in Japan, as opposed to the US.

Are you really denying that those parts have no influence on OP's appeal? Practically every major arc has its dark/dramatic/more mature moments to it and those parts make OP very memorable. If it was just a happy happy fun time series, do you honestly believe it would do as well as it does in Japan, outselling pretty much every other manga?

Holy shit it's true! :O

Will be interested to play it, but I have a feeling it'll spark a desire in me to re-start the anime or manga and that won't be pretty considering how much of a time investment it is at this stage.

luffy_happy_birthday_by_kimoto_chan-d3avg5s.gif

120818.gif

Lunar15

I really would love to see screens. I guess that's coming in three or so days? Or will the scans start showing up soon?

Il_Capitano_ha_Gradito.gif

Man i can't wait to see this i hope it looks good.
I not expecting great gfx from a Musou game still once i get to kick ass with the SH and do there moves i happy.
Man this is dream come true i wanted a OP game in HD since the gen started .

Luigi87

... Finally Luffy versus thousands of Marines?
I don't really like the Musou games, but dang that's tempting.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
A CC OP game would be too awesome...but still, this is a very nice suprise.

ACESmkII

Know nothing of One Piece other than it involves a pirate with stretchy arms but I love the Musou games so I will probably give this a shot.

All they need to do is make sure the combat isn't mind numbingly slow like FOTNS. It needs to be faster than gundam too IMO. The biggest problem with DW for me the pacing of combat.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
I'd really prefer it if they expanded the Musou games into other historical eras rather than fictional settings. But I suppose I'll have to take what I can get.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Fuck yeah. I recently got into One Piece, so I'm fucking DOWN for this.

Refugio

TenshiOni said:
Don't care for musou but I fucking love me some One Piece.

Will definitely pick-up if it comes to the States.

I feel the same. This will probably be my first musou game.

Trevelyon

Toki767 said:
Why do I feel like the chances of this being localized is low?

If Ken's Rage can be localized across territories, this should have more than a decent chance of releasing everywhere.

Toki767 said:
Why do I feel like the chances of this being localized is low?

It mostly likely will not come over , if it does i don't expect them to put allot of work into it maybe a sub only release or download.
Europe has a better chance of seeing it , still the PS3 is region free so you always import if it comes out in Europe .

AAK

Last Musou game I played was Dynasty Warriors 4 and I really didn't like it. I guess the formula hasn't changed much.

Besides, I stay far far away from anything One Piece animated. The voices for so many of the cast really didn't sound like anything I imagined while reading it. Specifically Luffy, badasses aren't supposed to sound so feminine!

Netto-kun

Wooo, looks like it's based on the 2 year time skip in the manga. Not really into the Musou series, but this is a must. \o/

I wonder what kind of diversity we'll get with haki and gear forms with Luffy in game. I'm admittedly more excited to play post time skip Zoro

Top Bottom